2Checkout: No. 1 In Payment Gateway
Our score: 9.3
User satisfaction: 98%
What is the best payment gateway provider?
The best payment gateway provider is 2CheckOut, owing to its comprehensive capabilities. This robust and flexible platform can localize transactions and support a wide variety of payment methods. So, it comes as no surprise that it is trusted by thousands of companies in almost every industry across the globe.
Payment gateways are hands down one of the most important technologies ever created. Before, there wasn’t any reliable, secure, and fast way to transfer payments and make purchases online. But thanks to payment gateways, online financial transactions today are now far better and faster. More so, they’re continuing to alter the face of finance and business as we know them.
With so many powerful and popular payment gateways in the market today, how does one know he’s chosen the right one? The decision on whom to entrust your sensitive payment information is always a tough one. And this is why we invite you to check our comparison of the 20 best payment gateway providers for 2020.
Payment gateways continue to initiate significant transformations in how financial transactions are done. For instance, Accenture says that in the ongoing expansion of the payments space, the key to success is customer experience. This means the emerging need for businesses to provide invisible and frictionless payment transactions.
Likewise, a study by Ovum found that companies are upgrading their payment-related systems to cope with emerging trends. Most of these companies are increasing their payment tech budgets to fortify security measures (44%), cut the cost of total ownership (40%), etc.
Among businesses, billing organizations, and retail banks
Factors driving additional investments in payment structures 2019
Security (to reduce fraud and data loss risks): 44
Security (to reduce fraud and data loss risks)%
Factors driving additional investments in payment structures 2019
Reduce total ownership costs: 40
Reduce total ownership costs%
Factors driving additional investments in payment structures 2019
Regulatory compliance & consumer protection requirements: 37
Regulatory compliance & consumer protection requirements%
Factors driving additional investments in payment structures 2019
Enhanced payment acceptance capabilities: 32
Enhanced payment acceptance capabilities%
Factors driving additional investments in payment structures 2019
Creating in-house acquiring/processing capabilities: 32
Creating in-house acquiring/processing capabilities%
Factors driving additional investments in payment structures 2019
More consistent customer experience across store and digital channels: 30
More consistent customer experience across store and digital channels%
Sources: Ovum 2018 Global Payments Insight Survey Designed by
Another major reason for the growing focus on payment technologies is the advancing purchasing power of the Millenials and Gen Z. In the US alone, their combined purchasing power as of 2018 totaled to around $350 billion. And by 2020, 40% of consumers worldwide will be Gen Z.
Overall, these statistics and trends indicate the rapid transformation that payment gateway platforms bring. Thus, it’s crucial for businesses to keep an eye on these developments to stay ahead of the curve. It’s likewise important to know more about what payment gateways are. Meanwhile, here are this year’s 20 top payment gateway providers for your consideration:
Topping our list is 2CheckOut. This global payment platform is trusted by over 50,000 merchants for its easy-to-use interface and extensive capabilities. For one, it accepts online and mobile payments from anywhere across the globe. Moreover, it localizes transactions by supporting different currencies and languages to simplify payment processing for buyers and sellers alike.
Additionally, 2CheckOut processes a wide variety of debit and credit cards to help you expand the payment methods you can support. Moreover, it can even integrate with online shopping carts and invoicing systems to streamline your payment processing.
If you would like to learn more about this payment gateway and its various offerings, you can easily leverage 2CheckOut free trial.
Try out 2Checkout with their free trial
Meanwhile, this platform sets itself apart from its competitors by providing options to create subscription plans. What’s more, it allows users to set up recurring billing and provides different checkout options.
To top it all off, 2CheckOut comes with a Level 1 Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. This way, you can ensure that all of your transactions are safe from online threats.
- Localized Transactions. 2CheckOut localizes its transactions to ensure that customers can make their payments without hassle. Currently, the platform supports 15 languages and 87 currencies.
- Extensive Payment Options. 2CheckOut can process debit cards, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and JCB. It also processes payments through PayPal as well as over 200 online marketplaces.
- Secure Transactions. Payment transactions involve confidential information such as bank details, credit card details, etc. As such, 2CheckOut is equipped with a level 1 PCI data security standard.
- Powerful integrations. Lastly, 2CheckOut is designed to play well with other systems so you don’t have to worry about compatibility. In fact, the platform can integrate with over 100 shopping carts and invoicing systems.
Detailed 2Checkout Review
Stripe is an online payment platform that was created by industry experts who have established partnerships with the wider payments industry. These include expected partners like local banks and major card networks as well the unexpected ones such as the W3C and industry associations.
This developer-centric solution allows users to rapidly build production-ready integrations with modern tools, from React components to real-time webhooks. Moreover, using Stripe’s developer platform means less maintenance for legacy systems and more focus on core customer and product experiences.
Likewise, it processes charges and displays prices in a customer’s preferred currency to improve sales and help customers avoid conversion costs. These are among the reasons why it’s chosen as one of today’s popular payment gateway tools.
- Multiple payment options. Stripe offers a variety of options to support the payment gateway preferred by your customer. Easily go global by processing payments for all major credit and debit cards in every country, including digital wallets.
- Secure payment processing. When it comes to revenue optimization, Stripe optimizes routing paths through direct integrations with card networks like Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. This pre-processing layer reduces transaction latency, improves success rates, and adds an additional layer of authentication versus risks.
- Optimized reports and insights. Financial reporting, consolidated reports, and automated accounting support accelerate and streamline reconciliation of transactions. This gives you charge, fee, transfer, and refund information in real-time through Stripe’s API and Dashboard.
3. PayPal Payments Pro
PayPal Payments Pro is the online payment giant’s successful attempt to introduce a payment processing service for ecommerce users without a PayPal account. Backed by today’s undisputed top payment gateway, the platform is designed to streamline business transactions. These features make it a reasonable choice when deciding whom to entrust your money transfers.
Its end-to-end platform supports credit cards as well as PayPal and PayPal Credit payments. It relies on an open API infrastructure to relate easily to any shopping cart/marketplace solution. Moreover, it allows phone-based credit card payments and gives users a handy invoicing kit to charge consumers right away.
What’s more, PayPal Payments Pro adheres to all leading encryption standards to keep payment credentials guarded. And currently, it is the most extensive international payment gateway as it accepts 26 leading currencies and can be used in over 200 markets.
- A PayPal solution that doesn’t require payers to have a PayPal account. PayPal Payments Pro was developed to primarily support ecommerce users. It allows them to accept credit card and debit card payments and rewards from users without a PayPal account.
- Custom checkout. As an enterprise-grade platform, PayPal Payments Pro empowers the user to customize the checkout process to create a positive customer checkout experience. This means that you can control all the layout and colors that match your company’s theme and brand.
- Access to your money within minutes. Once a payment is sent and processed, PayPal Payments Pro takes only a few minutes to make it available. And customarily, you are offered the option to keep money on your PayPal account or transfer them to your credit card.
- Truly integrated payment gateway. PayPal Payments Pro works seamlessly with all leading ecommerce solutions, CRM and sales management tools. It also functions well with accounting systems.
Detailed PayPal Payments Pro Review
4. Amazon Payments
Amazon also offers a secure and streamlined payment service to its clients. The service is available to both merchants and shoppers to facilitate their online purchases. Basically, it works by using a user’s Amazon account information, to complete check-ins and checkouts.
With a single login, the customer is immediately identified and enabled to complete a transaction, a possibility that is also available on mobile devices. Amazon’s A-to-Z Guarantee makes these transactions 100% secure and charges no additional fees to do so. As with most payment gateways, clients are only charged a fixed percentage of the amount they are transferring.
Within their Amazon Payments package, merchants will also find a fully-featured ecommerce suite that will help them promote, sell, and manage products and orders. In such a manner, Amazon Payments optimizes its marketplace activities and converts them into reliable vendors with great reputations.
- Streamlined purchasing process. Amazon Payments enables users to easily access their information from the merchant’s site. Thus, streamlining the purchasing process as they no longer have to enter their personal or business information.
- Retail-first. It is designed specifically for online retailers who want to provide a smooth shopping experience for their buyers. The package is loaded with tools and features that are built to attract new customers and turn them into repeat shoppers, among other benefits.
- Improved conversion rates. This payment platform helps merchants streamline their customers’ checkout experience. As a result, there is lesser cart abandonment, and more visitors become loyal shoppers.
- Transaction-based fees. With Amazon Payments, there are no monthly subscriptions and licenses to worry about. This is because all fees are transaction-based and have a processing and authorization component.
Detailed Amazon Payments Review
Braintree is an all-in-one payment processing partner for businesses of all sizes and types. It allows clients to accept, send, process, and split payments to maximize their business opportunities and increase their revenue. All of its functions are backed by Braintree’s loyal partnership with PayPal. What Braintree is best known for is the seamless checkout experience it provides, creating an overall feeling of safety and confidence that inspires customers to return. At the same time, Braintree equips you with sophisticated anti-fraud tools that can help you manage risk and fight current and next-gen fraudsters.
To ensure that all businesses will find what they need, Braintree offers four separate modules. The first module is for merchants and donation collectors. The second is for businesses looking to process payments more efficiently and to improve order management. The third is for providers looking to connect with merchants and act on their behalf. The fourth is for businesses looking to build partnerships and create revenue opportunities.
- Global market reach. With Braintree’s integrations, users have access to a global market with over 40 countries covered and more than 130 currencies supported. Likewise, you’ll be enjoying other benefits such as settlement and fraud protection. Best of all, there won’t be any foreign exchange or cross-border fees involved.
- Friendly drop-in UI. Using Braintree’s drop-in UI, users get to start accepting payments almost as quickly as that next great idea comes up. This UI is a sleek, ready-made payment one for accepting cards or even PayPal in the app or website. Once completed, the client code obtains a payment method once for use on your server.
- Customizable checkout flows. With Braintree, users get to tailor their checkout flows any way they like while remaining compliant with PCI SAQ A through Braintree’s easy-to-use payment APIs for app or web, which provides unrestricted potential and an adaptive and more secure system that complies with the standards.
- Braintree Vault. Through Braintree Vault, they can keep sensitive data stored on a secure system the platform provides so the business can stay PCI-compliant. It also offers the benefit of reducing the hassle of re-entering payment information of their customers each time they want to make a purchase.
Detailed Braintree Review
Authorize.Net is most needed in retail and service environments looking for a flexible solution that works in tune with their order management practices. It was developed to help merchants sell more in both local and online stores. It covers for the work of full-time staff, stores and organizes data, and helps you fight fraud without making constant checks and reviews.
Being one of the pioneer performers in this industry, Authorize.Net earned the trust of small and medium businesses by providing them with an affordable and secure payment solution, delivered as a package that includes a free mobile POS app for Android/iOS, a free website payment seal, and a free kit of fraud prevention tools. What you will also appreciate about this platform is the 24/7 free support provided by knowledgeable professionals who will also assist you when building custom connections. On their website, you will also find an array of tutorials and training materials, so that you can optimize the potential of the platform.
- Robust online payment system. Authorize.Net’s online payment system accepts credit cards and electronic checks from websites and deposit funds automatically into your merchant bank account, saving time and money for small- to medium-sized businesses.
- VPOS. In a retail setting, you can use Authorize.Net as a personalized virtual point of sale system (VPOS). In case you already have a good POS in place, this platform will be easy to integrate with it.
- A virtual terminal for manual transactions. Authorize.Net also has a virtual terminal that allows users who take mail and phone orders from their customers to submit transactions manually. Mobile transactions are also accepted via its free mobile app or a third-party solution that would accept credit card payments securely over a mobile device.
- Customer integration manager (CIM). The platform’s Customer Information Manager (CIM) enables users to tokenize and store their customers’ sensitive payment information on Authorize.Net’s secure servers, simplifying the PCI DSS compliance as well as the payments process for returning customers and recurring transactions.
Detailed Authorize.Net Review
WePay is an integrated payment gateway made especially to support the distinct omnichannel, POS and web-based requirements of software platforms. Designed to allow for quick, seamless, and secure onboarding and processing, this payment solution provides software businesses the needed flexibility to optimize their operations based on their objectives. For instance, it enables businesses to personalize their online platform using your brand and pricing structure to allow for native processing and promote your business model.
WePay’s direct referral functionality offers your clients the capability to get paid without any difficulty through Chase merchant accounts. It likewise provides users complete control over facilitating payment. It has extensive support for multiple payment schemes that include ACH, debit, and credit payments, while letting your clients choose either monthly, weekly, or daily payouts.
- Instant onboarding. By providing just an email address to sign-up, your merchants can immediately begin accepting payments. To enhance and secure the underwriting and sign-up procedure, you can schedule later on when to collect the supplementary Know Your Customer (KYC) data from your clients.
- Fast and simple integrated payments. With WePay, you can offer merchants an integrated payment solution using its API-based technology. For both online and in-person transactions, all payments, as well as refunds, are done using a customizable checkout flow that provides you with complete control of the way the processes will go.
- Top-tier partner support. WePay empowers your support team to handle any customer inquiries easily. This vendor provides comprehensive partner assistance, from training to escalation support, to guarantee that your merchants use a single contact point that features a vigorous knowledge base.
- Complete payment risk coverage. WePay provides 100% coverage to your exposure to risks like chargebacks and losses due to scams. By protecting customer data and required payment, it also provides assistance to help your business gain OFAC, KYC, and PCI compliance.
- POS solution to boost sales. Use its mobile card readers and SDKs to develop your POS business quickly. WePay’s tablet and smartphone tools can help your merchants increase in-person payments in their sales operations.
BlueSnap enables payments for ecommerce, mobile and website development. It comes with a dedicated payment processor for merchants and retailers. This means that you can integrate it with all leading marketplaces and shopping cart platforms and enable direct payments. Likewise, you make use of it to build unique desktop and mobile applications for SaaS, gaming, and more. Such a combination of the retailer and developer-friendly tools is unique in this industry.
How does BlueSnap work? The platform helps you expand your ecommerce business by supporting 110 payment types, in 100 currencies and 29 different languages. It is fully operable and active in 180 countries and connects automatically to a global network of acquiring banks (All-in-one Payment Platform™) to ensure the best conversion rates for each user. It is also well-known for its Subscription Billing Engine, thanks to which, users can customize their recurring billing models, reach out to more people worldwide, and let them pay without the trouble of entering credit card data.
- A robust payment management suite. BlueSnap incorporates a payment processor, gateway, and merchant account into a compact, unified platform. This particular setup helps businesses take credit card payments via online gateways, provide a mobile payment system to their customers, and reconcile and pull comprehensive reports in no time.
- Multiple payment options. The system integrates with PayPal, ApplePay, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and many more, giving shoppers tons of payment choices and enabling businesses to accept more payments from domestic and international customers, significantly increasing their income.
- A built-in virtual terminal in every console. BlueSnap comes with a built-in virtual terminal in every console, enabling users to accept payments over the phone. On top of that, users can opt to deliver specialized emails to their clients detailing the products and services they intend to buy. They can place their payment details on their own, and complete the transaction on any device.
- International ecommerce-friendly system. The platform was designed to cater to cross-border ecommerce, thus, the integrations with acquiring banks around the globe. This means users are able to enjoy automatic transaction routing to the acquiring bank that is is just right for your shopper, plus fail-overs and subscription retries to ensure maximum success rate.
- Powerful analytic components. Analytics is an essential component of any business and BlueSnap delivers a string of payment analytics tools for greater transparency and insight. With BlueSnap, users are able to generate real-time sales, affiliates, and revenue reports, study all facets of conversion performance, compare and optimize order pages, and many more.
SecurionPay is a highly recommended system for those who are looking to improve their conversions and cross-sales. Basically, SecurionPay is one of the most reliable payment solutions on the market, as it is designed to boost conversions by offering a fast, simple and straightforward way for making transactions. Its highly flexible API also allows businesses to tailor-suit the system for their specific needs.
With its intuitive and straightforward payment flow, businesses can benefit from improved sales and conversions while keeping clients satisfied. It allows for fast transactions with one-click payments, “remember me” option for recurring customers and saving of card information for subsequent transactions. Further, this solution also limits clicks and forms to the bare essentials, thus, significantly reducing cart abandonment rate so you can enjoy enhanced conversions. SecurionPay has been tried and tested to improve cross-sales through customizable checkout pop-ups and after checkout promotions.
- Fast checkout flow. Simple payment forms alongside an option to remember the user and his/her card details allow for quick payment processes.
- High customizability. Tailor-fit a user experience that best fits your website’s aesthetics and payment process. It allows you to fully customize the payment form, choose whether to use one-click payments or multi-checkout pages and configure your integrations based on your setup, to name a few.
- Highly secure payments. It comes equipped with various security features to safeguard users from hackers and other online exploits.
- Easy testing. Easily simulate changes to your payment processes by changing between the test and live phases.
- Improved cross-sales. By offering promotions right after customers make a successful transaction and displaying beautifully-designed checkout pop-ups, you can further generate more sales from clients.
Detailed SecurionPay Review
Skrill is a relatively new, yet very successful UK-based payment service designed both for businesses and individuals. With the service, you can make international transactions and pay for products and services wherever you are in the world, and from the comfort of your mobile device with a dedicated application. Within Europe, active users can submit a request for a prepaid Mastercard, and use it to withdraw funds/purchase goods wherever they may be.
Creating an account on Skrill is free, and users are only charged a fixed percentage of what they’re sending/receiving. On the sender’s side, this fee can come for as low as 1% of the transaction’s value, which makes Skrill a preferable option to many more expensive platforms and gateways in the world. Skrill is also easy to link to any bank account worldwide and takes excellent care of the security of your payment information.
- Multiple transaction methods. Skrill enables several payment transaction options such as credit cards, cash and email- transactions. All you need to do is sign up on the web and avail of the services.
- Targeting buyers worldwide. At the moment, Skrill supports over 30 different currencies and makes it possible to target buyers for your products and services all around the globe.
- Ultimate safety and transparency. With Skrill, you get the ultimate security that safely transfers high-value money to your account. Your passwords and critical information are kept confidential to make sure there are no chances of any mishaps. With anti-fraud screening features, each and every transaction to and from your account is monitored, which ensures high security.
- Mobile accounts and ATM service. Your account works on mobile devices too which lets you make transactions and payments from almost anywhere. A great possibility enabled by this service is to get a MasterCard, and withdraw cash from ATMs worldwide.
- POS addition. Skrill is quite a handy tool for POS businesses and online stores. You can pay for stuff online with your account. This is a valuable addition because many customers abandon the purchase because of the inability to pay instantly. With Skrill being as easy as it is, customers will enjoy their shopping experience.
PayU is the product of an Indian payment processing corporation, and one of the simplest payment solutions that were designed to fill in the gaps left by complex service providers. The expert community is also fond of PayU because of its best conversion rates (acclaimed 12%), acceptance for over 45 payment methods (Net-Banking, 8+ bank EMI’s, 6 Wallets, Amex, Rupay, International Cards), and the PayuBiz’ API’s & SDKs which help connect this platform to any website, application, or related third-party system.
Recently, PayU became one of the very few providers of this kind that allow for OneTap payments and made a major technological breakthrough by enabling second-time users to skip entering their CVV again. The platform also reads and submits OTP on behalf of the user, and complies with the highest PCI and DSS standards to protect payment data. It also stores all credit vault data, so that neither you nor your customers would have to enter it repeatedly.
- A single integrated solution for all local payments. PayU offers a single integration solution that lets users start receiving local payments in all locations where it operates. International merchants can use it as their payment service provider and start receiving payments in all 16 markets, reaching a potential of over 2.2 billion consumers.
- A large number of payment methods. PayU offers more than 250 local payment methods and multiple currency options, allowing its users to reach all customers, even those without credit cards. They are also able to manage the complexities of local markets whilst benefiting from them.
- Direct connection to local acquirers. PayU also provides a direct connection to local acquirers, so its clients’ approval rates tend to be higher than the rest, while an in-house anti-fraud system has years of data providing an effective fraud management program, taking care of matters relating to site security so that users will not have to worry about it. Security is further enhanced with tokenization.
- Extendable functionality. PayU can be customized and expanded even without coding knowledge, thanks to its APIs, payments encryption, and software development kits.
- Quote-based payment. PayU’s pricing quotes depend on the size of the transaction, and users’ particular needs and demands. For more details, contact the company’s sales team.
12. Zoho Checkout
Zoho Checkout is Zoho’s flagship one-time and recurring payment processing system, and one of the world’s leaders when it comes to processing innovations. It won’t only help you streamline the purchasing experience of your customers, but also transform payment pages into personalized terminals customers know and trust. Coding is not necessary to build a checkout page with Zoho. Hosting is also handled on behalf of the provider, all you have to do is to choose between one-time and recurring payments (or both) and configure the intervals, dates, and duration for each of them. Zoho Checkout will even allow you to choose a collection amount (or let the customer handle that) and offer a variety of professional and ready-to-use templates to save you the trouble of creating a new page.
You can customize almost everything on them, including tailor labels, colors, fonts, and background images, and make sure that your message is clearly conveyed. The payment page can then be shared on your website, social media account, or sent by email, and then be automatically connected to the customer’s preferred gateway for easier money collection. The platform can process credit card payments from Visa, MasterCard, and Amex, and resolve failed recurring transactions from cards that were declined.
- Building your own payment page. With Zoho Checkout, you can build your own personalized and secure payment pages, and start accepting money since day one. The system is cloud-hosted and very intuitive and requires no coding experience to adapt to your needs. Nevertheless, an array of ready-to-use templates will be there to shorten the process.
- Handles both one-time and recurring payments. Zoho Checkout lets you choose between one-time and recurring payments, and configure all intervals, dates, and duration for each of them. You can either enter the collection amount independently or let your customers decide about it.
- Customization. There is nothing you can’t customize with Zoho Checkout – the platform lets you use custom fonts, colors, and background images, work around marketing and brand awareness, tailor labels and fields based on your industry, and see all changes in a live preview before anybody else does.
- Easy collection of payments. Zoho Checkout lets you share your payment page on your website, in an email, or on your social media accounts. This way, customers can connect with a payment gateway easily, and you can receive your payments right away. The platform processes credit card payments from Visa, MasterCard, and Amex.
- Resolving failed transactions. Zoho Checkout is also unique because of its capacity to resolve failed recurring transactions by automatically retrying declined cards.
Detailed Zoho Checkout Review
We may be pro/against bitcoin payments, but we can’t disagree with the fact that they are the future of secure payments and transactions. BitPay owns a unique, leading position among gateways that enable such payments, being the founder and supporter of a whole new payment processing method. If you belong to the ever-growing poll of businesses accepting bitcoin payments, you should definitely give it a look.
In short, BitPay lets you accept and send bitcoins, store and spend your bitcoin funds in a secure manner, or turn them into dollars using your unique BitPay card. To make sure you can do this wherever you’re located in the world, BitPay adopted a mobile-first logic, and will now offer all the retail, ecommerce, billing, and donation tools you need to operate internationally. You can even resolve bitcoin disputes and receive settlements in your own currency, with the peace of mind that there will be no risk or price volatility while doing so. The BitPay Card even lets you load dollars using any bitcoin wallet and spend them around, without any fees at all.
- Designed for sellers and e-merchants. With BitPay, online sellers and merchants can sell anything and everything and accept bitcoin as payment. BitPay speeds up transactions as it comes with a fast and easy setup designed for online payments.
- The lowest processing fee per transaction. While most credit card-enabled transaction processing systems impose rates and fees between 2 and 3 %, BitPay takes this rate down to a fixed 1% for all users.
- Streamlined integrations. Integrating BitPay to any existing system is easy via the software’s cryptographically secure API. On top of that, users enjoy massive customization options for their security and confirmation speed.
- Support for 40 languages. BitPay enables invoicing in 40 languages, which means your business can go global and cater to international customers. At the same time, it accepts payments in 8 different currencies, including bitcoins and mixed structures.
- Anti-fraud risk and identity management. As BitPay is built on bitcoin, users and customers are shielded from chargeback fraud and identity theft. Bitcoin transactions do not require parties to divulge sensitive business and personal information, making every bitcoin transaction safe and secure.
Payoneer is an intuitive international payment gateway that allows small businesses and freelancers to become active participants of the worldwide marketplace. Through its innovative mass payout platform, Payoneer helps businesses pay their contractors or remote workers easily, from any place they operate.
Using this platform, you can be sure of world-class payment services that are inexpensive, secure, client-friendly, and fast. Through this kind of service that Payoneer provides, SMBs and freelancers can easily send and receive payments while at the same time sustain better markup earnings. Aside from supporting a wide range of currencies, users can avail of free transactions for some selected currencies as well as full support provided in more than 35 languages.
- Trusted by top business organizations. Payoneer is the payment gateway of choice by some of the largest job marketplaces like UpWork and Envato. It also provides large-scale payout services to some of the leading companies in the world, such as Google, Amazon, and Airbnb.
- Multilingual Support. As a global payment platform, Payoneer offers local language or familiar language support to most of its service areas. Its support team is available 24/7 to provide assistance in a language the customer prefers to use.
- Global Payment Service. Payoneer is among the most widely used payment platforms ever, accepting 150 diverse currencies in over 200 countries worldwide. It allows users to receive and make payments similar to that of a bank account—which means lower payment fees and higher earnings for small businesses and freelancers.
- Integrated Partners. Payoneer seeks to streamline the online process of sending and receiving funds which is why this vendor collaborates with numerous organizations to address this goal. Through this cooperative effort, funds sent by these partner organizations are instantly credited to their Payoneer account, which can be sent to their bank accounts or quickly withdrawn via ATMs.
- A multi-awarded platform. From 2010 until the present, Payoneer has been the recipient of numerous awards and other industry recognition for its quality service and operational excellence. With such a consistent outstanding reputation, users are assured that their financial transactions are handled by one of the best in the industry.
CardinalCommerce is a consumer authentication, mobile commerce, and payment processing platform that is unique in many ways. To start with, its rules-based payment authentication technology helps prevent chargebacks, reduce fraud, and give customers the possibility to use a variety of leading alternative payment brands. Cardinal will also be a faithful partner while building a successful selling strategy, as its experts help you choose the best online marketplaces, enable mobile payment technology, and secure setups.
Expert advice and entrepreneurial support are offered in particular to newcomers that have little to no experience in handling startup pitfalls, social marketing, blogging, websites, growth, or shipping. Upon need, Cardinal experts can also help you choose the best banking services for your business.
- Cardinal Consumer Authentication. With CardinalCommerce, merchants and financial institutions have total control over their authentication strategy through its Cardinal Consumer Authentication. Its authentication feature offers increased sales and margins and helps enhance consumer experience overall. the merchant can control which transactions are authenticated via its rules engine.
- Adhering to your own rules. With CardinalCommerce, users can set up their own rules based on factors such as the amount of transaction, IP or device used, or shipping address, among many others.
- Universal Wallet. CardinalCommerce is best known for its Universal Wallet, a feature that provides access to multiple digital wallets with a single integration, such as PayPal, Amazon Payments, MasterCard MasterPass, and Visa CheckOut. This is beneficial to consumers who can now pay safely and securely with just a few keystrokes or clicks.
- 3D Security Technology. CardinalCommerce also offers innovative technologies such as 3-D Secure, which helps users get into the complex authentication landscape in an easy set-up process and prevent online fraud without months of development and integration.
- Mobile Marketing. CardinalCommerce is fully equipped for mobile marketing, meaning users can easily produce and send customized mobile messages about new product releases, special offers, or other promotions.
Detailed CardinalCommerce Review
Payza is one of the world’s fastest and simplest online money transfer solutions designed for private and professional use. You can use it to send and receive payments worldwide, enable secure money transfers from mobile devices, and get robust protection for the payment data of your customers. You can receive transfers from credit cards, bank accounts, and BitCoin accounts, process payments directly on your ecommerce websites, and shop online with the finances stored in your Payza wallet. To further facilitate this process, Payza offers a dedicated card you can use to withdraw money or pay on spot.
Payza now includes a wide range of Bitcoin and Altcoin services. This means that members can exchange, add, withdraw, and send bitcoins to or from fiat currency. But owners of Payza Cards can use funds added by Altcoin to load the prepaid cards, and turn Altcoins into US Dollars that can be spent online, in-stores, or withdrawn from most ATMs. Soon, users will also be able to purchase Altcoins from their Payza account.
At the moment, Payza supports 25 currencies, and it enables hassle-free and fast exchanges. You can also use your Payza credit to pay bills online, send remittances or make orders, and to calculate conversion rates before you’ve opt for exchange in your local one. As a user, you will also be entitled to the dedicated Dispute Resolution Center, and have all issues raised with another Payza user solved by experts and professionals.
- Suitable for freelancers. Payza is a very convenient and safe solution for businesses and professionals to send and accept money from any location in the world. Accounts are available for those who want to use Payza for personal use as well as business accounts for bigger and complex requirements.
- All-in-one payment processing platform. Payza can help you complete all sorts of payment-related transactions, as it enables you to accept payments via ACH transfers, bank wires, cashier’s checks, bitcoin money orders, or credit and debit cards.
- International service. Payza management also guarantees to keep the platform as simple, international, versatile, and secure as possible. The service now caters to over 15 million users worldwide and this figure keeps on growing.
- 21+ currencies. Available in 21 different currencies, Payza provides users flexibility when it comes to accepting payments. Users also enjoy tons of options when withdrawing their funds – bank wire, bank transfer, Payza Card, Bitcoin, or Altcoin (coming soon).
- Open connectivity options. With its open API infrastructure, Payza allows experienced developers to build all custom connections to third-party software they need. For this purpose, they will get detailed instructions and support from the Payza Developers’ Community.
If your business is heavy on bank transfers, then Dwolla is a good choice for your online payment needs. A payment gateway built primarily for ACH transfers, Dwolla is a comprehensive suite of user-friendly and scalable payment tools that work with all US-based banks and financial institutions, and this simplifies the process of creating solutions that support bank transfers, handle clients, and automatically validate bank details.
Being an open-source software, Dwolla allows developers to easily integrate bank transfers into native tools using its flexible ACH API. The vendor’s white-label API ensures that your clients make transactions only with your trusted UI as it functions in the background. Dwolla also made the complicated bank verification process into a simplified one to allow merchants to manage payments in a manner that really produce results.
- A corporate culture of security. You can bank on Dwolla’s security protocols that are among the most advanced in the industry—like SSAE 18 SOC2 Type 2, tokenization, and third-party testing—which are updated regularly to ensure robust protection of sensitive financial information of your clients.
- A reliable payment service. You access Dwolla’s interface all the time to make transfers, thanks to its 99.9% uptime capability. This ensures you can accept and send payments 24/7, so your business never stops growing.
- Test first in Sandbox. Dwolla allows you to first create in a sandbox any transaction before going live to make sure you experience how its API functions and ensure the accuracy of your data.
- Direct access to ACH Network. This separates Dwolla from the competition. By integrating with its API to make payment requests, you can transact directly through the ACH network either to collect or make payments.
- Scale as you develop your business. Dwolla offers predictable pricing schemes, which means you only receive a consistent bill per month even if the number of your business transactions expands.
18. PayPro Global
PayPro Global is an integrated platform of ecommerce apps designed to help software companies easily and quickly distribute and resell their digital products and services in all parts of the world. With this specialized payment gateway, software vendors will be able to streamline their entire ecommerce businesses, including online marketing and selling, sending and acceptance of payments to both partners and customers via various online channels, boost shopping cart value, and boost conversation of site visitors into actual customers.
Its ecommerce tools are exclusively designed to help software vendors boost their sales, effectively achieve business objectives, and develop your company further. Setting-up PayPro Global’s ecommerce systems and workflows are very easy and fast and can be done by even non-tech users in just a few minutes or so. It also provides several customization options to further ensure the smooth flow of your business operations.
- Numerous localization benefits. PayPro Global’s localization services is acknowledged as among the finest today as it enables merchants to optimize their market reach to any place across the world using an extensive, complete user-defined experience.
- Easily transact with customers from anywhere. This platform supports more than 110 currencies and offers over 70 payment preferences, thereby allowing businesses to receive and process payments from practically any place in the world.
- Smart proprietary payment system. PayPro Global’s intuitive payment cascading technology can help simplify your entire payment procedures, even the most cumbersome and highly complicated processes, to provide you with the flexibility and time to focus more on developing your various revenue sources.
- A Secured Environment. PayPro Global also has robust company-developed fraud detection and prevention tools and a dedicated security team to ensure that your online transactions are safe, free from any security issues, and operates seamlessly.
- Cut down high rates of unfinished orders. As it is designed to maximize conversion rates, PayPro Global can help your business recover up to 40% earnings from abandoned carts or uncompleted orders.
Detailed PayPro Global Review
What if the way you accept payments is the key condition for retaining customers? Would you strive to perfect it and to make it easier? All of PaySimple functionalities revolve around this belief, and it is most probably what makes the platform so successful.
To start with, PaySimple reinvents the way you place and promote products, and market services, so that you can generate more registrations and appointments using your own website or social media profile. Next, it becomes the most flexible payment acceptance platform you’ve ever used, credit card and e-check payments online, over-the-phone, in person with desktop or mobile Point-of-Sale. Recurring billing and invoicing are also part of this package.
PaySimple also puts in place powerful sales & order reporting, so that you can have transaction, customer, and custom data available at any point in time. You can choose from a variety of premade templates, or use the platform’s intuitive builder to draft reports of your own.
- Online billing and invoicing. PaySimple is an online billing and invoicing solution that is extremely user-friendly. The dashboard offers users a quick overview of aspects of their business’s billing including paid, overdue, and pending invoices. You can monitor your customers and all of their pertinent details, such as their saved credit card and banking information to help accelerate future transactions.
- The preferred mode of payment. With PaySimple, users can accept credit cards, debit cards, and ACH e-checks, making it easy for their clients to choose their preferred mode of payment. To speed up the payment process, customers can choose to log in to a simple portal that comes with the email you send them and settle their payments with you.
- Advanced booking. Booking is another feature that makes PaySimple an awesome payment and collection software. With its online booking tool, you can generate more business and find more opportunities by showcasing your staff and services.
- Calendar application. The calendar application is a useful tool that helps you manage your time effectively. You can view all the appointments for yourself and your staff on one calendar. Likewise, you can block personal time, set lead times, etc.
- Easy setup. PaySimple is hosted entirely in the cloud and requires no setup or installation. All you need to do is to sign up for an account, and you can run the system immediately.
Detailed PaySimple Review
20. CoinGate Bitcoin Payment Processor
CoinGate Bitcoin Payment Processor is a popular online payment gateway for cryptocurrency merchant services to individuals and businesses. It accepts altcoins like Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as payments for online and traditional products and services. Additionally, it functions as a digital currency trading platform for Bitcoin.
ThisCoinGate can be an indispensable tool for online traders and businesses for enhancing their ecommerce strengths as it allows them to receive and process payments made using cryptocurrencies, an advantage over others without such merchant service. Among others, this platform features several tools, including payment buttons, POS systems, and embeddable plugins and can quickly convert digital currencies into Euro or US dollars.
- Optimizes Bitcoin capabilities. CoinGate helps businesses, ecommerce websites, and digital currency traders harness the power of Bitcoin by providing them with a smart and easy-to-use platform to use these cryptocurrencies to pay for products and services.
- Prepares businesses for the future. This cryptocurrency payment gateway equips businesses with the advanced tools to better position themselves in the cryptocurrency marketplace. These tools include online shopping cart plugins (for online shops like OpenCart, WooCommerce, and Magento), widgets, and Bitcoin POS.
- Support for mobile business. CoinGate also offers Bitcoin POS apps for both iOS and Android. This helps ensure that you can provide safe and quick processing of payments and smooth mobile shopping.
- A secured trading environment. With CoinGate, traders can buy and sell Bitcoin within a secure and safe environment, providing them the security and peace of mind whenever they trade in the cryptocurrency market.
- Simple and Fast Transactions. By using automatic payment currency conversion based on a merchant’s preference, CoinGate is able to make everything quick and easy for the merchant. Aside from these, the platform also allows for cross-currency transactions.
Detailed CoinGate Bitcoin Payment Processor Review
How to choose the right payment gateway
Selecting from these top 20 payment gateway providers already gives you an assurance of quality. However, it doesn’t guarantee it’ll work perfectly with your online business. In fact, knowing today’s best vendors is but one of the many necessary steps before making a vendor selection. And for good measure, it also pays to be on top of the current online payment statistics.
Here are some questions to address to help you make that sound decision:
- Do you need an integrated or hosted payment gateway?
- Does it offer convenience to your customers?
- Is it accepted in the countries where your customers reside?
- Does it offer robust security?
- What are the pricing structures?
- Who owns your customers’ data?
- Does the vendor offer efficient customer support?
- Finally, does it prepare your business for the future?
Use the answers to these questions once you have your own vendors’ shortlist. Once you’ve identified a few providers that passed your standards, then you can make the final selection. It’s also helpful to know some of the best practices in implementing payment gateway services.
However, if you’re still undecided, we recommend trying 2CheckOut first. The platform packs powerful payment processing tools in one flexible, easy-to-use interface that can help simplify your transactions. Sign up for 2CheckOut free trial to get a first-hand look at how it works.