mPower: No. 1 In Payment Gateway
Our score: 8.2
User satisfaction: N/A%
What is the best payment gateway provider?
The best payment gateway provider is Stripe. This robust and flexible online payment platform is used by millions of companies in almost every industry from more than 100 countries. Handling billions of dollars a year for dynamic businesses across the world, Stripe is considered as one of the best payment tools for operating an online business.
Payment gateways are hands down one of the most important technologies ever created. These payment solutions are, indeed, essential gateways to a vast array of benefits and convenience that had changed and are continuing to alter the face of finance and business as we know them. Before online payments were enabled, there wasn’t any reliable and secure way to transfer key payment information between payment portals, and purchases and orders took much more time to complete than they do today. This problematic environment was changed by payment gateways for the better.
With so many powerful and popular payment gateways in the market today, how does one know he’s chosen the right one? The decision of whom to entrust your sensitive payment information is always a tough one, which is why we invite you to check our comparison of the 20 best payment gateway providers for 2019.
Payment gateway solutions accomplish several crucial tasks in online purchasing and transaction management. Rather than transmitting payments (this is the role of dedicated payment processors), payment gateway solutions authorize the funds being transferred to the seller and do so in a secure and convenient manner for the buyer. They are delivered to users both independently and as integrated modules in larger financial suites, where they also assume the responsibility of processing money, verifying client accounts, performing AVS checks, analyze velocity patterns, and calculating tax amounts.
Depending on where you’re located, payment processing companies also have to adhere to PCI compliance standards and introduce as many security methods as needed to prevent fraud. Some payment gateway technologies are also open to modification, and invite developers to build custom payment pages and embed those on their website.
A 2018 study found that businesses are expected to further increase their investments in payment capacities due to intensifying competition and mounting consumer expectations. Companies engage in broader digital transformation initiatives to enhance operational efficiency and deliver excellent user experience. The same study reported that more than half of companies (56%) have augmented their online payment technology spending on a worldwide scale.
Source: 2018 Ovum Global Payments Insight Survey
A key priority among online sellers is enhancing the integration between their core business systems with the payment gateway that they utilize. Another focus is achieving improvements to their online payment acceptance capacities. Overall, online payment gateways are considered to simplify and accelerate transactions, and help companies earn the trust of their consumers by streamlining their checkout journey. If in case you want to know further about the ins and outs of these platforms, you can read more about payment gateways here.
Topping our list is Stripe, an online payment platform that was created by industry experts who have established partnerships with the wider payments industry: from expected partners—local banks, major card networks, the PCI Council—to the unexpected—the W3C, internet browser providers, and industry associations.
It is highly developer-centric, allowing you to rapidly build production-ready integrations with modern tools, from React components to real-time webhooks. Using Stripe’s developer platform means less maintenance for legacy systems and more focus on core customer and product experiences.
Likewise, it processes charges and displays prices in a customer’s preferred currency to improve sales and help customers avoid conversion costs. Signing up for the payment gateway is trouble-free and fast.
What is unique about Stripe?
- Multiple payment options. You can support the payment gateway preferred by your customer as Stripe offers a variety of options. Go global by processing payments for all major credit and debit cards in every country. Digital wallets such as Alipay, Amex Express Checkout, and Apple Pay are available for customers who want a convenient way to pay without sharing their card information.
- Secure payment processing. When it comes to revenue optimization, Stripe optimizes routing paths through direct integrations with card networks like Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. This pre-processing layer reduces transaction latency and improves success rates. It also adds an additional layer of authentication to avoid fraud risks and chargebacks. Dispute handling is automated as well to efficiently submit evidence in case of conflicts.
- Optimized reports and insights. Financial reporting, consolidated reports, and automated accounting support accelerate and streamline reconciliation of transactions. This gives you charge, fee, transfer, and refund information in real time through Stripe’s API and Dashboard. Once a transaction is settled, these also expedite and simplify how you get paid from unified payouts.
2. PayPal Payments Pro
Payments Pro is PayPal’s ultimately successful attempt to introduce a payment processing service for eCommerce users that don’t necessarily have a PayPal account. The current leader of our 20 Best Payment Gateway Providers list is fully devoted to streamlining business transactions, and backed by today’s strongest and best-reputed payment gateway. Thus, Payments Pro is certainly a reasonable choice when deciding whom to entrust your money transfers.
The end-to-end platform supports credit cards (Visa, Master, Discover, American Express_, as well as PayPal and PayPal credit payments, and relies on an open API infrastructure to relate easily to any shopping cart/marketplace solution. It also allows phone-based credit card payments and gives users a handy invoicing kit to charge consumers right away. At the same time, it is flexible enough to be used by small businesses and market leaders, with over 184 million customer accounts (and counting).
As expected, Payments Pro is also a role-model of secure checkout, be it that you’re transmitting money from your local or mobile device. It offers a variety of options for users to simplify PCI compliance, and adheres to all leading encryption standards to keep payment credentials guarded. It is also the most international payment gateway at the moment, as it accepts 26 leading currencies, and it is available to use on over 200 markets.
What is unique about PayPal Payments Pro?
- A PayPal solution that doesn’t require payers to have a PayPal account. PayPal Payments Pro was developed to support eCommerce users, and allow them to accept credit card and debit card payments and rewards from users without a PayPal account.
- Custom checkout. As an enterprise-grade platform, PayPal Payments Pro lets the user customize checkout as he needs it, and create a positive checkout experience for his customers. This means that you can can integrate all the layout and colors that match your company’s theme and brand.
- Fast mobile payments. With PayPal Payments Pro, receiving money is not limited to office desks and computers. You can easily turn your mobile devices into moneymaking machines, without undergoing complex logging procedures, and sending recurrent invoices.
- Access to your money within minutes. Once a payment is sent and processes, PayPal Payments Pro takes literally minutes to make it available to you. As usual, you are offered the option to keep money on your PayPal account, or transfer them to your credit card.
- Truly integrated payment gateway. PayPal Payments Pro works seamlessly with all leading eCommerce solutions, CRM and sales management tools, and best accounting systems. At the same time, it connects to all major shopping carts in the market right off the bat.
3. Amazon Payments
Amazon also offers a secure and streamlined payment service for its clients, with a reputation similar to the one of PayPal Payments Pro. The service is available to both merchants and shoppers to facilitate their online purchases, as it works with the information you’ve already inserted in your Amazon account to complete check-ins and check outs.
With a single log in, the customer is immediately identified and enabled to complete a transaction, a possibility that is also available on mobile devices. Amazon’s A-to-z Guarantee makes these transactions 100% secure, and charges no additional fees to do so. As it is with most payment gateways, clients are only charged a fixed percentage of the amount they are transferring.
Within their Amazon Payments package, merchants will also find a fully-featured eCommerce suite that will help them promote, sell, and manage products and orders. In such a way, Amazon Payments optimizes their marketplace activities, and converts them into reliable vendors with a great reputation. To help reach out to international audiences, Amazon Payments operates in several different languages, and supports all leading currencies.
What is unique about Amazon Payments?
- Streamlined purchasing process. Amazon Payments enables users to easily access their information from the merchant’s site, thus streamlining the purchasing process as they no longer have to enter their information such as name, shipping address, and credit card details among others.
- Retail-first. Amazon Payments is designed specifically for online retailers and sellers who want to provide a smooth shopping experience for their buyers. The package is loaded with tools and features that are built to attract new customers and turn them into repeat shoppers, streamline their shopping process, and improve customer loyalty via customizable recurring payments among others.
- A-Z guarantee and Protection plan. Amazon is known for implementing very strict protocols when it comes to information security. Its system boasts of a vaunted security setup that also includes fraud detection and merchant protection.
- Improved conversion rates. Amazon Payments helps merchants streamline their customers’ checkout experience, as a result of which there is less cart abandonment, and more visitors become loyal shoppers. Shopping is simplified both on local and mobile devices, and makes it easy to easy to browse through shopping sites, pick what you want, and pay without having to go through the hassles of carts and checkouts.
- Transaction-based fees. With Amazon Payments, there are no monthly subscriptions and licenses to worry about. All fees are transaction-based and have a processing and authorization component. The transaction fee is composed of a domestic processing fee of 2.9% and an authorization fee of $0.30, plus tax charged when the purchase is successfully authorized and processed.
Braintree is an all-in-one payment processing partner for businesses from all scales and industries. It allows clients to accept, send, process, and split payments to maximize their business opportunities and increase their revenue, backed by Braintree’s loyal partnership with PayPal. What Braintree is best known for is the seamless checkout experience it provides, creating an overall feeling of safety and confidence that inspires customers to return. At the same time, Braintree equips you with sophisticated fraud tools can help you manage risk and fight current and next-gen fraudsters.
To ensure that all businesses will find what they need, Braintree offers four separate modules: Braintree Direct for merchants and donation collectors; Braintree Marketplace for businesses looking to process payments more efficiently and to improve order management; Braintree Auth for providers looking to connect with merchants and act on their behalf; and Contextual Commerce for modern businesses looking to build partnerships and use revenue opportunities.
What is unique about Braintree?
- Global market reach. With Braintree’s integrations, users have access to a global market with over 40 countries covered and more than 130 currencies supported while enjoying other benefits such as settlement and fraud protection. Best of all, there won’t be any foreign exchange or cross-border fees involved.7
- Friendly drop-in UI. Using Braintree’s drop-in UI, users get to start accepting payments almost as quickly as that next great idea comes up. This UI is a sleek, ready-made payment UI for accepting cards or even PayPal in the app or website. Once completed, the client code obtains a payment method nonce for use on your server.
- Customizable checkout flows. With Braintree, users get to tailor their checkout flows any way they would like while remaining compliant with PCI SAQ A through Braintree’s easy-to-use payment APIs for app or web that provides unrestricted potential and an adaptive and more secure system that complies with the standards.
- Hosted Fields. Hosted Fields are Braintree’s unique security features that let the users maintain control over their web checkout while creating the necessary iframes to alleviate security concerns brought about by PCI requirements.
- Braintree Vault. Through Braintree Vault, they can keep sensitive data stored on a secure system the platform provides so the business can stay PCI-compliant. It also offers the benefit of reducing the hassle of re-entering payment information of their customers each time they want to make a purchase.
Authorize.Net is most needed in retail and service environments looking for a flexible gateway solution that works like their order management practices. It was developed to help merchants sell more in both local and online stores, which is how it covers for the work of full-time staff, stores and organizes data, and helps you fight fraud without making constant checks and reviews.
Being one of the pioneer performers in this industry, Authorize.Net earned the trust of small and medium businesses by providing them an affordable and secure payment solution, delivered as a package that includes a free mobile POS app for Android/iOS, a free website payment seal, and a free kit of fraud prevention tools. What you will also appreciate about this platform is the 24/7 free support provided by knowledgeable professionals who will also assist you when building custom connections. On their website, you will also find an array of tutorials and training materials, so that you can optimize the potential of the platform.
What is unique about Authorize.Net?
- Robust online payment system. Authorize.Net’s online payment system accepts credit cards and electronic checks from websites and deposit funds automatically into your merchant bank account, saving time and money for small- to medium-sized businesses.
- VPOS. In a retail setting, you can use Authorize.Net as a personalized virtual point of sale system (VPOS). In case you already have a good POS in place, this platform will be easy to integrate with it.
- A virtual terminal for manual transactions. Authorize.Net also has a virtual terminal that allows users who take mail and phone orders from their customers to submit transactions manually. Mobile transactions are also accepted via its free mobile app or a third-party solution that would accept credit card payments securely over a mobile device.
- Check payments. For check payments, Authorize.Net offers an exclusive, fully integrated electronic check payment method accepts and processes payments from bank accounts directly through the user’s website or the Authorize.Net Virtual Terminal.
- Customer integration manager (CIM). The platform’s Customer Information Manager (CIM) enables users to tokenize and store their customers’ sensitive payment information on Authorize.Net’s secure servers, simplifying the PCI DSS compliance as well as the payments process for returning customers and recurring transactions.
WePay is an integrated payment gateway made especially to support the distinct omnichannel, POS and web-based requirements of software platforms. Designed to allow quick, seamless, and secure onboarding and processing, this payment solution provides software businesses the needed flexibility to optimize their operations based on their objectives. For instance, it enables businesses to personalize their online platform using your brand and pricing structure to allow native processing and promote your business model.
WePay’s direct referral functionality provides the capability for your clients to get paid without any difficulty through Chase merchant accounts. It likewise provides users complete control in facilitating payment, with extensive support for multiple payment schemes that include ACH, debit, and credit payments, as well as provide your clients to choose either monthly, weekly, or daily payouts.
What is unique about WePay?
- Instant onboarding. By providing just an email address to sign-up, your merchants can immediately begin accepting payments. To enhance and secure the underwriting and sign-up procedure, you can schedule later on when to collect the supplementary Know Your Customer (KYC) data from your clients.
- Fast and simple integrated payments. With WePay, you can offer merchants an integrated payment solution using its API-based technology. For both online and in-person transactions, all payments, as well as refunds, are done using a customizable checkout flow that provides you complete control the way the processes will go.
- Top-tier partner support. WePay empowers your support team to handle any customer inquiry easily. This vendor provides comprehensive partner assistance, from training to escalation support, to guarantee that your merchants use a single contact point that features a vigorous knowledge base.
- Complete payment risk coverage. WePay provides 100% coverage to your exposure to risks like chargebacks and losses due to scams. By protecting customer data and required payment, it also provides assistance to help your business gain OFAC, KYC, and PCI compliance.
- POS solution to boost sales. Use its mobile card readers and SDKs to develop your POS business quickly. WePay’s tablet and smartphone tools can help your merchants increase in-person payments in their sales operations.
BlueSnap enables payments for eCommerce, mobile and website development, and a dedicated payment processor for merchants and retailers. This means that you can integrate it with all leading marketplaces and shopping cart platforms and enable direct payments, or make use of it to build unique desktop and mobile applications for SaaS, invoicing, gaming, and more. Such a combination of retailer and developer-friendly tools is unique in this industry.
How does BlueSnap work? The platform helps you expand your eCommerce business by supporting even 110 payment types, in 100 currencies and 29 different languages. It is fully operable and active in 180 countries and connects automatically to a global network of acquiring banks (All-in-one Payment Platform™) to ensure the best conversion rates for each user. It is also well-known for its Subscription Billing Engine, thanks to which users can customize their recurring billing models, reach out to more people worldwide, and let them pay without the trouble of entering credit card data.
What is unique about BlueSnap?
- A robust payment management suite. BlueSnap incorporates a payment processor, gateway, and merchant account into a compact, unified platform. This particular setup helps businesses take credit card payments via online gateways, provide mobile wallets to their customers, and reconcile and pull comprehensive reports in no time.
- Multiple payment options. The system integrates with PayPal, ApplePay, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and many more, giving shoppers tons of payment choices and enabling businesses to accept more payments from domestic and international customers, thus significantly increasing their income.
- A built-in virtual terminal in every console. BlueSnap comes with a built-in virtual terminal in every console, enabling users to accept payments over the phone. On top of that, users can opt to deliver specialized emails to their clients detailing the products and services that intend to buy. They can place their payment details on their own, and complete the transaction on any device.
- International eCommerce-friendly system. The platform was designed to cater to cross-border eCommerce, thus the integration with acquiring banks around the globe. This means users are able to enjoy automatic transaction routing to the acquiring bank that is is just right for your shopper, plus fail-overs and subscription retries to ensure maximum success rate.
- Powerful analytic components. Analytics is an essential component for any business and BlueSnap delivers a string of payment analytics tools for greater transparency and insight. With BlueSnap, users are able to generate real-time sales, affiliate, and revenue reports, study all facets of conversion performance, compare and optimize order pages, and many more.
SecurionPay is a highly recommended system for those who are looking to improve their conversions and cross-sales. Basically, SecurionPay is one of the most reliable payment solutions on the market, as it is designed to boost conversions by offering a fast, simple and straightforward way for making transactions. Its highly flexible API also allows businesses to tailor-suit the system for their specific needs.
With its intuitive and straightforward payment flow, businesses can benefit from improved sales and conversions while keeping clients satisfied. It allows for fast transactions with one-click payments, “remember me” option for recurring customers and saving of card information for subsequent transactions. It also limits clicks and forms to the bare essentials, thus, significantly reducing cart abandonment rate so you can enjoy enhanced conversions. SecurionPay is also been tried and tested to improve cross-sales through customizable checkout pop-ups and after checkout promotions.
What is unique about SecurionPay?
- Fast checkout flow. Simple payment forms alongside an option to remember the user and his/her card details allow for quick payment processes.
- High customizability. Tailor-fit a user experience that best fits your website’s aesthetics and payment process. It allows you to fully customize the payment form, choose whether to use one-click payments or multi-checkout pages and configure your integrations based on your setup, to name a few.
- Highly secure payments. It comes equipped with various security features to safeguard users from hackers and other online exploits.
- Easy testing. Easily simulate changes to your payment processes by changing between test and live phase.
- Improved cross-sales. By offering promotions right after customers make a successful transaction and displaying beautifully-designed checkout pop-ups, you can further generate more sales from clients.
Skrill is a relatively new, yet very successful UK-based payment service designed both for businesses and individuals. Using it, you can make international transactions and pay for products and services wherever you are in the world, and from the comfort of your very own mobile device with a dedicated application. Within Europe, active users can also submit a request for a prepaid Mastercard, and use it to withdraw funds/purchase goods wherever they may be.
Creating an account on Skrill is free, and users are only charged a fixed percentage of what they’re sending/receiving. On the sender’s side, this fee is as low as 1% of the transaction’s value, which makes Skrill a preferable option to many more expensive platforms and gateways in the world. Skrill is also easy to link to any bank account worldwide and takes excellent care of the security of your payment information.
What is unique about Skrill?
- Multiple transaction methods. Skrill enables several payment transaction options such as credit cards, cash and email- transactions. All you need to do is sign up at the web and avail the services.
- Targeting buyers worldwide. At the moment, Skrill supports over 30 different currencies and makes it possible to target buyers for your products and services all around the globe.
- Ultimate safety and transparency. With Skrill, you get the ultimate security that safely transfers high-value money to your account. Your passwords and critical information is kept confidential to make sure there are no chances of any mishaps. With anti-fraud screening features, each and every transaction to and from your account is monitored which ensures high security.
- Mobile accounts and ATM service. Your account works on mobiles devices too which lets you make transactions and payments from almost anywhere. A great possibility enabled by this service is to get a MasterCard, and withdraw cash from ATMs worldwide.
- POS addition. Skrill is quite a handy tool for POS businesses and online stores. You can pay for stuff online with your account. This is a valuable addition because many customers abandon the idea of purchase because of inability to pay instantly. With Skrill being as easy as it is, customers will enjoy their shopping experience..
PayU is the product of an Indian payment processing corporation, and one of the simplest payment solutions that were designed to fill in the gaps left by complex service providers. The expert community is also fond of PayU because of its best conversion rates (acclaimed 12%), acceptance for over 45 payment methods (Net-Banking, 8+ bank EMI’s, 6 Wallets, Amex, Rupay, International Cards), and the PayuBiz’ API’s & SDKs which help connect this platform to any website, application, or related third-party system.
Recently, PayU became one of the very few providers of this kind that allow OneTap payments and made a major technological breakthrough by allowing second-time users to skip entering their CVV again. The platform also reads and submits OTP on behalf of the user, and complies with the highest PCI and DSS standards to protect payment data. It also stores all credit vault data, so that neither you nor your customers would have to enter it repeatedly.
What is unique about PayU?
- A single integration solution for all local payments. PayU offers a single integration solution that lets users start receiving local payments in all locations where it operates. International merchants can use it as their payment service provider and start receiving payments in all 16 markets, reaching a potential of over 2.2 billion consumers.
- A large number of payment methods. PayU offers more than 250 local payment methods and multiple currency options, allowing its users to reach all customers, even those without credit cards, and being able to manage complexities of the local markets whilst benefiting from them.
- Direct connection to local acquirers. PayU also provides a direct connection to local acquirers, so its clients’ approval rates tend to be higher than the rest, while an in-house anti-fraud system has years of data providing an effective fraud management program, taking care of matters relating to site security so that users will not have to worry about it. Security is further enhanced with tokenization.
- Extendable functionality. PayU can be customized and expanded even without coding knowledge, thanks to its APIs, payments encryption, and software development kits.
- Quote-based payment. PayU’s pricing quotes depend on the size of the transaction, and users particular needs and demands. For more details, contact the company’s sales team.
11. Zoho Checkout
Zoho Checkout is Zoho’s flagship one-time and recurring payment processing system, and one of the world’s leaders when it comes to processing innovations. It won’t only help you streamline the purchasing experience of your customers, but also transform payment pages into personalized terminals customers know and trust. Coding is not necessary to build a checkout page with Zoho. Hosting is also handled on behalf of the provider, and all you have to do is to choose between one-time and recurring payments (or both) and configure the intervals, dates, and duration for each of them. Zoho Checkout will even allow you to choose a collection amount (or let the customer handle that) and offer a variety of professional and ready-to-use templates to save you the trouble of creating a new page.
You can customize almost everything on them, including tailor labels, colors, fonts, and background images, and make sure that your message is clearly conveyed. The payment page can then be shared on your website, social media account, or sent by email, and then be automatically connected to the customer’s preferred gateway for easier money collection. The platform can process credit card payments from Visa, MasterCard, and Amex, and resolve failed recurring transactions by cards that were declined.
What is unique about Zoho Checkout?
- Building your own payment page. With Zoho Checkout, you can build your own personalized and secure payment pages, and start accepting money since day one. The system is cloud-hosted and very intuitive and requires no coding experience to adapt it to your needs. Nevertheless, an array of ready-to-use templates will be there to shorten the process.
- Handles both one-time and recurring payments. Zoho Checkout lets you choose between one-time and recurring payments, and configure all intervals, dates, and duration for each of them. You can either enter the collection amount independently or let your customers decide about it.
- Customization. There is nothing you can’t customize in Zoho Checkout – the platform lets you custom fonts, colors, and background images, work around marketing and brand awareness, tailor labels and fields based on your industry, and see all changes in a live preview before anybody else does.
- Easy collection of payments. Zoho Checkout lets you share your payment page on your website, in an email, or on your social media accounts. This way, customers can connect with a payment gateway easily, and you can receive your payments right away. The platform processes credit card payments from Visa, MasterCard, and Amex.
- Resolving failed transactions. Zoho Checkout is also unique because of its capacity to resolve failed recurring transactions by automatically retrying declined cards.
We may be pro/against bitcoin payments, but we can’t disagree with the fact that they are the future of secure payments and transactions. BitPay owns a unique, leading position among gateways that enable such payments, being the founder and supporter of a whole new payment processing method. If you belong to the ever-growing poll of businesses accepting bitcoin payments, you should definitely give it a look.
In short, BitPay lets you accept and send bitcoins, store and spend your bitcoin funds in a secure manner, or turn them into dollars using your unique BitPay card. To make sure you can do this wherever you’re located in the world, BitPay adopted a mobile-first logic, and will now offer all the retail, eCommerce, billing, and donation tools you need to operate internationally. You can even resolve bitcoin disputes and receive settlement in your own currency, with the peace of mind that there will be no risk or price volatility while doing so. The BitPay Card even lets you load dollars using any bitcoin wallet and spend them around, without any fees at all.
What is unique about BitPay?
- Designed for sellers and e-merchants. With BitPay, online sellers and merchants can sell anything and everything and accept bitcoin as payment. BitPay speeds up transactions as it comes with a fast and easy setup designed for online payments.
- The lowest processing fee per transaction. While most credit card-enabled transaction processing systems impose rates and fees between 2 and 3 %, BitPay takes this rate down to fixed 1% for all users.
- Streamlined integrations. Integrating BitPay to any existing system is easy via the software’s cryptographically secure API. On top of that, users enjoy massive customization options for their security and confirmation speed.
- Support for 40 languages. BitPay enables invoicing in even 40 languages, which means your business can go global and cater to international customers. At the same time, it accepts payments in 8 different currencies, including bitcoins and mixed structures.
- Anti-fraud risk and identity management. As BitPay is built on bitcoin, users and customers are shielded from chargeback fraud and identity theft. Bitcoin transactions do not require parties to divulge sensitive business and personal information, making every bitcoin transaction safe and secure.
Payoneer is an intuitive international payment gateway that allows small businesses and freelancers to become active participants of the worldwide marketplace. Through its innovative mass payout platform, Payoneer helps businesses pay their contractors or remote workers easily, from any place they operate.
Using this platform, you can be sure of world-class payment services that are inexpensive, secure, client-friendly, and fast. Through this kind of service that Payoneer provides, SMBs and freelancers can easily send and receive payments while at the same time sustain better markup earnings. Aside from supporting a wide range of currencies, users can avail of free transactions for some selected currencies as well as full support provided in more than 35 languages.
What is unique about Payoneer?
- Trusted by top businesses organizations. Payoneer is a preferred payment gateway of choice by some of the largest job marketplaces like UpWork and Envato. It also provides large-scale payout services to some of the leading companies in the world, such as Google, and Amazon, and Airbnb.
- Multilingual Support. As a global payment platform, Payoneer offers local language or familiar language support to most of its service areas. Its support team is available 24/7 to provide assistance in a language the customer prefers to use.
- Global Payment Service. Payoneer is among the most widely used payment platforms ever, accepting 150 diverse currencies in over 200 countries worldwide. It allows users to receive and make payments similar to that of a bank account—which means lower payment fees and higher earnings for small businesses and freelancers.
- Integrated Partners. Payoneer seeks to streamline the online process of sending and receiving funds which is why this vendor collaborates with numerous organizations to address this goal. Through this cooperative effort, funds sent by these partner organizations are instantly credited to their Payoneer account, which can be sent to their bank accounts or quickly withdrawn via ATMs.
- A multi-awarded platform. From 2010 until the present, Payoneer has been the recipient of numerous awards and other industry recognition for its quality service and operational excellence. With such a consistent outstanding reputation, users are assured that their financial transactions are handled by one of the best in the industry.
CardinalCommerce is a consumer authentication, mobile commerce, and payment processing platform that is unique in many ways. To start with, its rules-based payment authentication technology helps prevent chargebacks, reduce fraud, and give customers the possibility to use a variety of leading alternative payment brands. Cardinal will also be a faithful partner while building a successful selling strategy, as its experts help you choose the best online marketplaces, enable mobile payment technology and secure setups.
Expert advice and entrepreneurial support are offered in particular to newcomers that have little to no experience on handling startup pitfalls, social marketing, blogging, websites, growth, or shipping. Upon need, Cardinal experts can also help you choose the best banking services for your business.
What is unique about CardinalCommerce?
- Cardinal Consumer Authentication. With CardinalCommerce, merchants and financial institutions have total control over their authentication strategy through its Cardinal Consumer Authentication. Its authentication feature offers increased sales and margins and helps enhance consumer experience overall. the merchant can control which transactions are authenticated via our rules engine.
- Adhering to your own rules. With CardinalCommerce, users can set up their own rules based on factors such as the amount of transaction, IP or device used, or shipping address, among many others.
- Universal Wallet. CardinalCommerce is best known for its Universal Wallet, a feature which provides access to multiple digital wallets with a single integration, such as PayPal, Amazon Payments, MasterCard MasterPass, and Visa CheckOut. This is beneficial to consumers who can now pay safely and securely with just a few keystrokes or clicks.
- 3D Security Technology. CardinalCommerce also offers innovative technologies such as 3-D Secure that helps users get into the complex authentication landscape in an easy set-up process and prevent online fraud without months of development and integration.
- Mobile Marketing. CardinalCommerce is fully equipped for mobile marketing usage, meaning that users can easily produce and send customized mobile messages about new product releases, special offers, or other promotions.
Payza is one of the world’s fastest and simplest online money transfer solutions designed for private and professional usage. You can use it to send and receive payments worldwide, enable secure money transfers from mobile devices, and get some robust protection for the payment data of your customers. You can receive transfers from credit cards, bank accounts, and BitCoin accounts, process payments directly on your eCommerce websites, and shop online with the finances stored in your Payza wallet. To further facilitate this process, Payza offers a dedicated card you can use to withdraw money or pay on spot.
Payza now includes a wide range of Bitcoin and Altcoin services. This means that members can exchange, add, withdraw, and send bitcoins to or from fiat currency; but also that owners of Payza Cards can use funds added by Altcoin to load the prepaid cards, and turn Altcoins into US Dollars that can be spent online, in-stores, or withdrawn from most ATMs. Soon, users will also be able to purchase Altcoins from their Payza account.
At the moment, Payza supports 25 currencies, and it enables hassle free and fast exchanges. You can also use your Payza credit to pay bills online, send remittances or make orders, and to calculate conversion rates before you’ve opted for exchange in your local one. As a user, you will also be entitled to a dedicated Dispute Resolution Center, and have all issues raised with another Payza user solved by experts and professionals.
What is unique about Payza?
- Suitable for freelancers. Payza is a very convenient and safe solution for businesses and professionals to send and accept money from any location in the world. Accounts are available for those who want to use Payza for personal use as well as business accounts for bigger and complex requirements.
- All-in-one payment processing platform. Payza can help you complete all sorts of payment-related transactions, as it enables you to accept payments via ACH transfers, bank wires, cashier’s checks, bitcoin money orders, or credit and debit cards.
- International service. Payza management also guarantees to keep the platform as simple, international, versatile, and secure as possible. The service now caters to over 15 million users worldwide and that figure keeps on growing.
- 21+ currencies. Available in 21 different currencies, Payza provides users flexibility when it comes to accepting payments. Users also enjoy tons of options when withdrawing their funds – bank wire, bank transfer, Payza Card, Bitcoin, or Altcoin (coming soon).
- Open connectivity options. With its open API infrastructure, Payza allows experienced developers to build all custom connections to third-party software they need. For the purpose, they will get detailed instructions and support from the Payza Developers’ Community.
If your business is heavy on bank transfers, then Dwolla is a good choice for your online payment needs. A payment gateway built primarily for ACH transfers, Dwolla is a comprehensive suite of user-friendly and scalable payment tools that work with all US-based banks and financial institutions, and this simplifies the process of creating solutions that support bank transfers, handle clients, and automatically validate bank details.
As an open source software, Dwolla allows developers to easily integrate bank transfers into native tools using its flexible ACH API. The vendor’s white-label API ensures that your clients make transactions only with your trusted UI as it functions in the background. Dwolla also made the complicated bank verification process into a simplified one to allow merchants to manage payments in a manner that really produce results.
What is unique about Dwolla?
- A corporate culture of security. You can bank on Dwolla’s security protocols that are among the most advanced in the industry—like SSAE 18 SOC2 Type 2, tokenization, and third-party testing—and are updated regularly to ensure robust protection of sensitive financial information of your clients.
- A reliable payment service. You access Dwolla’s interface all the time to make transfers, thanks to its 99.9% uptime capability. This ensures you can accept and send payments 24/7, so your business never stops growing.
- Test first in Sandbox. Dwolla allows you to first create in a sandbox any transaction before going live to make sure you experience how its API functions and ensure the accuracy of your data.
- Direct access to ACH Network. This separates Dwolla from others. By integrating with its API to make payment requests, you can transact directly through the ACH network either to collect or make payments.
- Scale as you develop your business. Dwolla offers predictable pricing schemes, which means you only receive a consistent bill per month even if the number of your business transactions expands.
17. PayPro Global
PayPro Global is an integrated platform of eCommerce apps designed to help software companies easily and quickly distribute and resell their digital products and services in all parts of the world. With this specialized payment gateway, software vendors will be able to streamline their entire eCommerce businesses, including online marketing and selling, sending and acceptance of payments to both partners and customers via various online channels, boost shopping cart value, and boost conversation of site visitors into actual customers.
Its eCommerce tools are exclusively designed to help software vendors boost their sales, effectively achieve business objectives, and develop your company further. Setting-up PayPro Global’s eCommerce systems and workflows are very easy and fast and can be done by even non-tech users in just a few minutes or so. It also provides several customization options to further ensure the smooth flow of your business operations.
What is unique about PayPro Global?
- Numerous localization benefits. PayPro Global’s localization services is acknowledged as among the finest today as it enables merchants to optimize their market reach to any place across the world using an extensive, complete user-defined experience.
- Easily transact with customers from anywhere. This platform supports more than 110 currencies and offers over 70 payment preferences, thereby allowing businesses to receive and process payments from practically any place in the world.
- Smart proprietary payment system. PayPro Global’s intuitive payment cascading technology can help simplify your entire payment procedures, even the most cumbersome and highly complicated processes, to provide you the flexibility and time to focus more on developing your various revenue sources.
- A Secured Environment. PayPro Global also has a robust company-developed fraud detection and prevention tools and a dedicated security team to ensure that your online transactions are safe, free from any security issues, and operates seamlessly.
- Cut down high rates of unfinished orders. As it is designed to maximize conversion rates, PayPro Global can help your business recover up to 40% earnings from abandoned carts or uncompleted orders.
What if the way you accept payments is the key condition for retaining customers? Would you strive to perfect it and to make it easier? All of PaySimple functionality revolves around this belief, and it is most probably what makes the platform so successful.
To start with, PaySimple reinvents the way you place and promote products, and market services, so that you can generate more registrations and appointments using your own website or social media profile. Next, it becomes the most flexible payment acceptance platform you’ve ever used, credit card and e-check payments online, over-the-phone, in person with desktop or mobile Point-of-Sale. Recurring billing and invoicing will also be a part of this package.
PaySimple also puts in place powerful sales & order reporting, so that you can have a transaction, customer, and custom data available at any point in time. You can choose from a variety of premade templates, or use the platform’s intuitive builder to draft reports of your own.
What is unique about PaySimple?
- Online billing and invoicing. PaySimple is an online billing and invoicing solution that is extremely user-friendly. The dashboard offers users a quick overview of aspects of their business’s billing including paid, overdue, and pending invoices. You can monitor your customers and all of their pertinent details, such as their saved credit card and banking information to help accelerate future transactions.
- The preferred mode of payment. With PaySimple, users can accept credit cards, debit cards, and ACH e-checks, making it easy and convenient for their clients to choose their preferred mode of payment. To speed up the payment process, customers can choose to log in to a simple portal that comes with the email you send them and settle their payments with you.
- Advanced booking. Booking is another feature that makes PaySimple an awesome payment and collection software. With its online booking tool, you can generate more business and find more opportunities by showcasing your staff and services.
- Calendar application. The calendar application is a useful tool that helps you manage your time effectively. You can view all the appointments for yourself and your staff in one calendar, block personal time, and set lead times. You can also send your clients automatic follow-ups and reminders with the option to click to cancel or reschedule their appointments.
- Easy setup. PaySimple is hosted entirely in the cloud and requires no setup or installation works. All you need to do is to sign up for an account, and you can run the system immediately.
19. CoinGate Bitcoin Payment Processor
CoinGate Bitcoin Payment Processor is a popular online payment gateway for cryptocurrency merchant services to individuals and businesses. This specialized platform essentially enables the acceptance of altcoins like Bitcoin along with other cryptocurrencies such as Ripple, Dash, Litecoin, and Ethereum as payments for both online and traditional products and services. It also functions as a digital currency trading platform for Bitcoin.
CoinGate can be an indispensable tool for online traders and businesses for enhancing their eCommerce strengths as it allows them to receive and process payments made using cryptocurrencies, an advantage over others without such merchant service. Among others, this platform features several tools, including payment buttons, POS systems, and embeddable plugins and can quickly convert digital currencies into Euro or US Dollar.
What is unique about CoinGate Bitcoin Payment Processor?
- Optimizes Bitcoin capabilities. CoinGate helps businesses, eCommerce websites, and digital currency traders harness the power of Bitcoin by providing them with a smart and easy-to-use platform to use these cryptocurrencies to pay for products and services.
- Prepares businesses for the future. This cryptocurrency payment gateway equips businesses with the advanced tools to better position themselves in the cryptocurrency marketplace. These tools include online shopping cart plugins (for online shops like OpenCart, WooCommerce, and Magento), widgets, and Bitcoin POS.
- Support for mobile business. CoinGate also offers Bitcoin POS apps for both iOS and Android, ensuring that merchants can also provide safe and quick processing of payments and smooth mobile shopping for their clients.
- A secured trading environment. With CoinGate, traders can buy and sell Bitcoin within a secure and safe environment, providing them the security and peace of mind whenever they trade in the cryptocurrency market.
- Simple and Fast Transactions. By using automatic payment currency conversion based on the merchant’s preference, CoinGate is able to make everything quick and easy for the merchant. Aside from this, the platform also allows cross-currency transactions, meaning you can pay in one cryptocurrency and then accept payments in another.
RPay is a feature-packed, mobile digital wallet designed by Roamsoft to empower small businesses across the world to streamline payments and grow their business. The application features a merchant app, customer app, and end-to-end admin panel. These apps, coupled with RPay’s unique features, enable the solution to effectively serve both customer-centric and business-related payments needs.
Particularly, RPay provides robust tools that help businesses to seamlessly manage payments, promotions, rewards, and referrals with total ease. Even more, RPay enables businesses to take orders and request payments from customers right from a mobile phone.
On the other hand, the application enables customers to buy tickets, pay merchants, withdraw cash, send money, and even purchase goods offline. One interesting aspect of RPay is the ease with which it enables customers to make payments. The QR scanner and mobile transfer features work in tandem, allowing customers to scan QR codes to complete payments in a flash.
Moreover, RPay features a unique combination of user-friendly interface, UI designs, and a pleasing blend of colors, not to mention the eye-catching mobile app designs. These features amplify RPay flexibility and customizability. They make it hassle-free for businesses and customers alike to customize the app to meet their specific business or individual needs.
What is Unique About RPay?
- Fast Payment Process. Modern customers appreciate the ability to make payments with ease and speed. RPay is built with this in mind. The platform features a QR module that enables customers to scan QR code to pay for goods and services. This way, it makes it a breeze for customers to complete payments while eliminating queueing, thus making light the duties of your cashiers.
- Secure payment processing. Customers won’t worry anymore about the security of their accounts. The platform utilizes groundbreaking procedures and algorithms that protect customer’s accounts against unapproved intrusion. Besides, the apps use MasterCard secure code and two-factor authentication to boost payment security.
- Easy to recharge your account. RPay allows customers to top up their accounts from numerous options including net banking and debit card. The recharging process is straightforward and all you need to do is select a saved card, enter the amount you want to add and click add money to wallet option.
- End-to-end admin panel. RPay provides a comprehensive admin panel that enables merchants and customers to control the entire solution from a single location.
How to choose the right payment gateway
Selecting from these top 20 payment gateways already gives you an assurance of quality, but it doesn’t guarantee it’ll work perfectly with your online business. Actually, browsing through the best vendors in the market is only one of the many steps that you must undertake before you can finally make that sound business decision. Here are some questions to address to help you make that sound decision:
- Do you need an integrated or hosted payment gateway?
- Does it offer convenience to your customers?
- Is it accepted in the countries where your customers reside?
- Does it offer robust security?
- What are the pricing structures?
- Who owns your customers’ data?
- Does the vendor offer efficient customer support?
- Does the payment gateway support your type of business?
- Finally, does it prepare your business towards the future?
Use the answers to these questions once you have your own vendors’ shortlist. Once a few of those are able to provide the most features and criteria that your business needs, then you can make that final selection. You can also check out our definitive guide on how to implement payment gateway services once you’ve chosen the right solution for you.