RingCentral: No. 1 In Business Phone Systems
Our score: 9.7
User satisfaction: 99%
Having a business phone system at your disposal can do wonders for your company’s operations. Be it for boosting productivity, reinforcing customer support efforts, or reducing communication costs, these platforms are a great way to help you optimize the way you handle business.
Are you ready to implement a business phone system for your company? Perhaps you are looking to replace the one you currently have? Whatever the case, our list of 20 best business phone systems is a great place to start your search.
You might be wondering why you should have a professional-grade phone system for your business when you can always communicate with clients and partners through the internet or via traditional phone calls. The reason for that is business phone systems will allow you to get specialized solutions to your communication needs.
These platforms offer functionalities that conventional means of communication cannot. They have tools that will help you improve customer service as well as drive higher sales. Additionally, including phone systems in your arsenal of business software will allow you to collaborate with your employees and external contributors more seamlessly. The numerous benefits that business phone systems have to offer is the reason why an increasing number of businesses are now investing in these solutions. So much so that the number of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) subscribers is predicted to increase to roughly $204.8 billion by 2020.
However, as with every tool you use for your business, you must be careful in selecting a phone system. In this article, we have analyzed and compared some of the best business phone platforms available on the market to guide you in finding one that suits your business.
What to Look for in a Business Phone System
Choosing a phone system for the first time? Before you start browsing, it is best to first get a clear understanding of what you should be looking for. Other than knowing your budget and making sure that the software is compatible with your system, you should also pay close attention to the tools that come with your prospective programs. Here are some of the essential features that you should be on the lookout for:
- Unified Messaging Option. Companies have been adopting more and more communication channels in the past few years. With this, businesses are forced to manage email accounts and phone systems alongside multiple social media pages, making it time-consuming all incoming messages. Using a unified messaging tool, you will be able to reduce the time spent on this task by allowing you to handle voice messages, fax, regular text messages, and even emails using a single mailbox.
- Mobility Features. A lot of entrepreneurs nowadays are always on-the-go. This is why it’s crucial for them to have software solutions that can be accessed inside and outside the office. Luckily, there are plenty of phone systems that can now be deployed on the cloud, making it easy to keep tabs on operations even while you’re away.
- Teleconferencing Capability. Today’s hectic work schedules often make it difficult for executives to meet with their staff and their partners. With teleconferencing capabilities of phone systems, you can choose to organize meetings with groups of people anywhere you may be and at anytime you wish.
- Call Forwarding and Routing. No customer likes to wait long for you to accommodate them. You need to make sure that their calls are forwarded to the right people as soon as possible. By using smart call forwarding and routing tools, you can help your customers get the answers they want when they need it. This feature is operated manually for most software solutions, but there are those that have automation options as well.
- Administrator Portal. If you are the type of business owner or executive who prefer being able to monitor your company operations whenever you desire, then you need a phone system with an administrator portal. This feature should come with real-time reporting and analytics tools that allow you to check on your employees as well as manage a few other aspects of your operations even while you’re away.
RingCentral is an all-in-one phone, team messaging, and video conferencing solution. Built to help companies communicate and collaborate more efficiently, this platform has powerful platform options for small businesses and large enterprises. It can be deployed globally and it offers features such as integrated workflows, team messaging, analytics, and omnichannel contact centers. They have four pricing plans depending on the types of features your company needs. Subscription rates range from $19.99/user/month to $49/user/month.
The vendor offers a great free trial plan. You can easily sign up for RingCentral free trial here.
our Best Phone System of 2018
Why Choose RingCentral?
- Flexible Cloud PBX. If you are looking for a phone system that is flexible and cost-effective, then RingCentral’s cloud PBX feature will be a boon for you. Inclusive of all the features of PBX hardware, this platform lets you configure the system according to your needs. This way, you can enjoy auto-receptionist tools, multi-level IVR, role-based access control, call monitoring, and other PBX features without having to purchase auxiliary software to support it.
- Robust Collaboration Tools. The success of your business operations rely heavily on communication. This is why RingCentral has conferencing options, file sharing solutions, and project management tools built into its platform. Through these, you can maximize the time of your employees as well as make collaborations within your company more seamless.
- Mobile-Ready Phone System. In this day and age, it is important for entrepreneurs to manage their business on-the-fly. To help you keep up with the changing times, RingCentral is completely mobile-ready. Whether you prefer accessing it using a laptop or a cellphone, their cloud-based office phone system is ready to travel with you.
Freshcaller is a phone system that prides itself on their easy setup that requires absolutely no zero hardware. It offers an easily customizable cloud PBX system with robust call handling and conferencing features as well as real-time call center insights. For freelancers and start-ups, you may use their basic phone system free of charge via the Sprout plan. If you need more advanced features, they offer the Blossom plan and the Garden plan costing $19/agent/month and $40/agent/month respectively.
The vendor offers a great free trial plan. You can easily sign up for Freshcaller free trial here.
Why Choose Freshcaller?
- Smart Call Handling Features. Be it multi-level IVR, voicemail customization, shared lines, or customer call routing, Freshcaller can provide you with all the phone system features you need. These intuitive tools can let you handle calls efficiently, so that you can give the best possible customer service. It also has call failovers and real-time phone provisioning to help you avoid downtimes.
- Communication Management Functionalities. Freshcaller has a centralized dashboard equipped with real-time reporting and analytics. Through this, you can view call queues, oversee agent availability, monitor ongoing calls, as well as record conversations for future reference.
- Supports Different Kinds of Phone Numbers. Whether you want a local number, a toll-free number, a port-in number, or an international number for your business, the Freshcaller system can support it. It even has vanity phone number options for entrepreneurs who want to build their branding.
CloudTalk is an online call center system created with SMBs in mind. It leverages state-of-the-art VoIP technology in order to deliver advanced call center management and call routing. Moreover, the platform comes with detailed statistics for better performance monitoring. For pricing, CloudTalk offers plans that are bundled depending on the features that you’ll be needing. These may range from €15/user/month to €50/user/month but discounts may apply for those who opt for an annual billing plan. There’s also a custom plan available by quote for those who have more specific business phone needs.
Should you want to take this platform on a test run, be sure to sign up for CloudTalk free trial here.
Why Choose CloudTalk?
- Advanced Call Management. CloudTalk is chockful of functionalities for call management ranging from call queueing and greeting personalization to call routing and contact tagging. This is why no matter how complex your process may be, this platform can handle it. What’s more, the platform has a built-in customer card system where you can record important client details that agents may refer to in the future.
- Comprehensive, Scalable Interface. Aside from its robust VoIP functionalities, CloudTalk also sets itself apart through its interface. Scalable, GDPR-compliant, and highly configurable, this platform can easily adapt to your existing setup and workflows. It even has an open API tool that lets it integrate with more than 25 third-party applications such as helpdesks and CRM.
- In-Depth Call Insights. Lastly, CloudTalk makes it easy for managers and administrators to see the performance of their call center agents. It comes with analytics and reporting tools that collect call data and generates reports on call times, answered calls, and missed calls among others. This way, it is easier to make smart decisions regarding call management in the future.
4. Ooma Office
Ooma Office is a VoIP phone service built specifically for small businesses. It has a suite of phone office features including call transfer, virtual fax, call park, ring groups, virtual receptionist, voicemail, intercom, and more. There are loads of mobility features too like call forwarding, SMS messaging, virtual extensions, and many others. The system offers a flat rate of $19.95 for each user per month. You’re not required to sign any contract and you can scale up or down anytime. There are add-ons too for extending Ooma Office’s service and capacity. They sell hardware as well.
If you want to investigate the features closely you can easily do so when you sign up for Ooma Office free trial here.
Why Choose Ooma Office?
- All-inclusive Price. Most similar products offer a pricing based on the number of phone lines and features you use. This is not the case for Ooma Office because it charges a flat rate of $19.95 per user/month on its offered package. This includes toll-free and local phone number, a conference extension line, and a virtual fax extension. No setup fees too.
- Virtual Receptionist. Ooma Office has an amazing feature that greets callers and keeps them engaged until the call is routed to an available agent. It’s possible to route a call from one virtual receptionist to another for a multi-level Virtual Receptionist system. This is useful for automatically narrowing down the purpose of a customer’s call.
- Device Outage Protection. You can specify a number in which a call will be automatically forwarded in case of connectivity issues. No more cases of missed calls, particularly the important ones.
5. Axon Virtual PBX
Axon Virtual PBX is a platform designed to manage phone calls more efficiently. Built to address the needs of businesses and call centers, this phone system uses state-of-the-art VoIP technology that scales to the needs of your company. For pricing, Axon Virtual PBX is available in an enterprise edition and a business edition that costs $259 and $139 respectively. They also have a basic addition that is free of charge for smaller businesses. If you are interested in purchasing other products from this vendor, you may also opt for their available software bundles.
Why Choose Axon Virtual PBX?
- Complete PBX Features. Looking for a no-fuss system that can provide you with a complete selection of tools? Axon Virtual PBX has all the standard features that you need in a phone system. It can accommodate call transfers, holds, and recordings as well as support predictive dialing, digital call routing, and video conferencing options.
- Easily Accessible Control Panel. Being able to oversee your operations whenever and wherever you need is easy with Axon Virtual PBX. The phone system comes with an easy web-like control panel that can be accessed remotely. This way, you can monitor your operations on-the-go.
- Integrates With Other Systems. While Axon Virtual PBX may be used as a standalone application, it can be deployed in conjunction with a VoIP system and/or an analog PSTN landline phone. This is great for companies who already have an existing phone system, but wish to upgrade their platform.
6. Comcast VoIP
Comcast VoIP is a scalable phone system that runs on a privately owned and operated network. As one of the largest VoIP providers on the market, this platform is known for reliability and cost-efficiency. They have business phone line options, cloud-based communication solutions, as well as complete phone systems that can work with your existing PBX equipment. Should you be interested in this phone system, they offer different plans for the three types of platforms they offer. Prices may range from $29.95/month/line to $34.95/month/seat.
Why Choose Comcast VOIP?
- Specialized Solutions for Varying Needs. Comcast VoIP has different kinds of solutions depending on the requirements of your business. Whether you are a small business that needs a basic phone line or a large enterprise in need of a more elaborate communications system, they have available options for you.
- Powerful Mobile Features. Speed is a crucial factor in running a business. This is why Comcast VoIP’s system offers powerful features that let you take calls anywhere. It is also equipped with automated attendants as well as queue agents, so you can accommodate clients as efficiently as possible.
- Comprehensive Administrative Portal. If you prefer having a bird’s eye view of your operations, Comcast VoIP has a comprehensive admin portal. This allows you to monitor and manage your communications infrastructure in real-time.
7. Jive Voice
Jive Voice gives businesses of all sizes with a cloud-native, rapid, scalable VoIP solution for streamlining smooth business communication. It equips businesses with basic and advanced capabilities for unified and effective communication through Jive Web, Mobile, and Desktop. It also equips you with full-on customization, which means it is suitable for any businesses with varying needs. It features call parking, call recording, voice recognition, encryption, ring groups, virtual fax, cloud PBX and more. Payment plans vary. For businesses having one to 100 users, prices can range from $19.95 to $29.95. For businesses having more than 100+ users, correspond with the vendor for special, custom pricing offers.
Why Choose Jive Voice?
- Call routing made easy. With Jive Voice, you can manage your cloud-based phone system on the go using the online portal. It features a dial plan editor and custom schedules and routing for scheduling calls in advance. Custom greetings are also possible and this can be fully integrated with your custom schedules. You can establish the entire yearly schedule with just a few clicks here and there. What’s more: its editor also simplifies the routing process using tools such as voicemail boxes, auto-attendants, wait times, HTTP notify nodes, and more.
- Find Me/Follow Me module. This feature allows you to route calls easily. You can utilize specified sequences to transfer calls, which makes for an effortless, unified communication experience. You can transact and correspond anytime, anywhere.
- Maximum call security. Jive Secure expands its functionalities for Jive Voice, providing it with the necessary encryption capabilities to protect and safeguard privacy and security of your correspondences. With its Admin portal, you can view handsets or devices support secure calling.
8. Cisco Unified Communications Manager
The Cisco Unified Communications Manager is an enterprise platform that enables users to manage their calls in a secure and scalable interface. Accessible on any device, it has an integrated collaboration infrastructure that enables messaging and voice and video calling wherever you may be. It also offers a wide variety of features that are compliant with industry standards for your peace of mind. Currently, Cisco does not provide their pricing plans publicly. If you are interested in this product, be sure to give the vendor a call.
Why Choose Cisco Unified Communications Manager ?
- Secure, Unified Communication Options. Cisco aims to consolidate your communications infrastructure through their unified phone system. Featuring IP telephony, HD video conferencing, instant messaging, and other features, this platform optimizes your operations. To ensure your data is secure, all of these features are protected by the latest authentication and encryption protocols.
- Local and Global System. No matter how big your business may be, you can count on Cisco Unified Communications Manager to help you reach your target audience. It can support local and global numbers and can cater to the needs of SMBs and large enterprises.
- Highly Configurable Interface. Cisco Unified Communications Manager has a highly configurable interface, so you can modify your phone system to your heart’s content. It supports a wide range of gateways as well as a plethora of third-party integrations. This way, you can embed all the applications you need to improve your operations.
Vonage is a cloud-based phone system that is designed to grow alongside your business. Boasting a 99.999% uptime, it runs on your high-speed internet and can be accessed via mobile and desktop devices. Among the reasons why we included this platform on our list of top 20 business phone systems is because it has over 40 business phone features that enables its users to work smarter–not harder. Vonage offers three monthly subscription plans: Mobile at $19.99/user, Premium at $29.99/user, and Advanced at $39.99/user.
Why Choose Vonage?
- Customizable Business Phone System. Looking for a program that can cater to your unique requirements? Other than its high-quality communications options and premium cloud contact centers, Vonage has over 40 standard features. This allows users to customize their business phone system according to the different needs of their company.
- Innovative API Capabilities. Vonage has an innovative API platform that lets you personalize your communications systems. This way, you can leverage their intuitive and highly configurable technology to provide your customers with the best possible service. Whether you simply want to tweak the tools that come with the system or add a few third-party applications to it, you can do so with this feature.
- All-in-One Platform. Apart from their state-of-the-art phone system, Vonage can also help you increase the productivity of your workforce using other cloud-based applications. Their easy-to-use interface may integrate with programs such as Office365, G Suite, Salesforce, and Microsoft Dynamics to optimize your operations.
Trusted by industry leaders such as Xero, TED, Quora, and Asana, Dialpad is a business phone system that aims to simplify and unify your communications infrastructure. It is an intuitive cloud-based platform that lets your apps work together to eliminate context switching, Dialpad is available in three payment packages priced according to the number of offices, departments, and users it can support simultaneously. Rates range from $20/user/month to $40/user/month. Monthly and annual billing options are available.
Why Choose Dialpad?
- Flexible Phone System. Have an existing business number that you’d like to retain? Dialpad allows you to do that for free. You may even switch service providers without having to set up a different account, making it a flexible option. To top it all off, they provide 24/7 tech support and customer trainings to help you get the most of their platform.
- Diverse Integrations and Device Options. Accessible on both desktop and mobile devices, Dialpad does not require additional hardware to work. All you need is to install it, add your contacts, configure the system to meet your requirements, and you’re good to go. To make your user experience better, it can support a variety of integrations to cater to your needs.
- Ideal for Meetings and Collaboration. Does your company often hold impromptu meetings? Dialpad offers a web conferencing feature that allows you to launch conference calls with just a click of a button. It also supports instant group messaging and video calling, making it perfect for collaborative endeavors.
Grasshopper is a phone system that enables entrepreneurs to run their business using their cellular phones. It can support multiple extensions, facilitate call forwarding, transcribe voicemails, as well as accommodate business texting via your toll-free or local number. Grasshopper offers three subscription plans depending on how many phone numbers and extensions you’ll be needing. Prices range from $24 to $89 per month.
Why Choose Grasshopper?
- Professional-Grade Call Management. Currently finding ways to establish your brand? From customizing phone greetings and music on hold to facilitating conference calls and business SMS, Grasshopper will help you handle your calls in a more professional manner. This allows you to build a good company reputation in your industry as well as ensure great service for your customers.
- Name Directory Options. Keeping tabs on partners and clients can be difficult, especially if you only do business with them over the phone. To simplify this task for you, Grasshopper has name directory options. This eliminates the need to sort through long phone listings and help them find the contacts they need more efficiently.
- Compatible With Your Mobile Device. Grasshopper requires no new hardware whatsoever, making it ideal for companies who have limited financial resources. It can be deployed using any mobile device or phone that you already have at your disposal. This way, you don’t have to purchase, install, or maintain any expensive new phone hardware.
3CX is an open standards IP PBX that may be deployed on-premise or in the cloud. Offering unified communications solutions, this platform allows you to improve your call management efforts while cutting down your telco costs. It can also be accessed through Android and iOS devices to help you monitor your operations on-the-fly. 3CX offers a number of annual subscription options based on number of simultaneous calls and features. For the minimum call capacity, you may take advantage of their phone system for free or choose between their Pro plan that costs $188 and Enterprise plan that costs $225.
Why Choose 3CX?
- Web Conferencing Solutions. 3CX web conferencing options to optimize your operations. This feature enables easy collaborations within your office as well as simplifies communication with business partners. With this by your side, you can accelerate your workflow, build stronger relationships, and develop a more positive workplace for your employees.
- CRM Integration Options. Customer relationship management is an integral part of any business. This is what allows you to analyze client interactions, improve customer service, and reinforce customer retention. With 3CX’s CRM integration options, you can easily streamline your operations and avoid wasting time jumping from platform to platform.
- Self-Installed and Managed. 3CX prides itself on being easy to use, making it one of the best platforms for novice users. Its user-friendly design allows it to be completely self-installed and managed. This way, you won’t have to spend on hefty installation fees or hire technicians to maintain it.
Windstream OfficeSuite is a cloud-based business phone system designed for small startups and medium-sized firms. It is a unified communications solution that allows you to collaborate seamlessly with team members as well as accommodate business calls whenever or wherever you are. They also offer a Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platform for enterprises. For pricing, be sure to get in touch with the vendor as they currently do not provde their payment plans publicly.
Why Choose Windstream?
- 99.999% Uptime SLA Guarantee. Making sure you are easily accessible is important in maintaining an open communication with your employees and business partners. This is why Windstream delivers their service via SD-WAN or MPLS to ensure 99.999% uptime. They also make use of secure data centers with automatic failovers to prevent any interruptions to your operations.
- Scalable Communications Platform. No matter your business, there’s a good chance that you sometimes have to meet the geographic and seasonal needs of your clients. To ensure that you are able to adapt easily to these changing requirements, the Windstream communications platform is designed to scale up and down without compromising the quality of its performance.
- Integrated Phone System. Windstream offers an integrated interface that helps you boost productivity through more efficient means of communication. Other than accommodating voice and video calls, it can also help you organize web conferencing, send out instant messages, as well as enable screen sharing. To top it all off, all of these features are completely mobile-ready.
Aircall is a phone system used by over 3,000 companies worldwide, including large firms such as Uber, Birchbox, Pipedrive, and Seatgeek. It enables users to place and take calls anywhere, instantly obtain numbers in over 40 countries, as well as route calls without hassle. The platform also offers great call center tools to help you with your customer service efforts. For pricing, Aircall is available in an Enterprise package and Premium plan. These cost $70/user/month and $40/user/month respectively. You may also opt for their annual billing option, which is discounted.
Why Choose Aircall?
- User-Friendly Interface. Aircall’s virtual call center offers a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate. It is designed to help you find the numbers you need quickly and monitor your employees without hassle. The platform also has an interactive voice response that lets you make sure that calls are directed to the right person, making your communications duties easier.
- Great Call Center Features. Providing quality customer service requires hard work and carefully planned strategies. Using Aircall’s call center features, you can group employees by skills to enhance your operations, get a bird’s eye view on all calls requiring follow-ups, and more. It also has call monitoring and whispering tools to help you implement a hands-on management approach.
- Professional Business Phone Features. Aircall understands that businesses require a multitude of communications tools to help them perform at their best. This is why they offer a wide range of professional business phone features within their platform. From call conferencing and forwarding to time-based routing and queue callback options, it has it all.
OnSIP is a cloud-based corporate phone system offering a plethora of communications tools. Whether you simply need a business phone, a call center platform, or a collaboration system, this software serves as an all-in-one tool for your operations. It also has an intuitive admin portal that enables users to oversee all your communication efforts in an easy-to-use interface. If you think OnSIP is for you, the vendor offers free, pay-as-you-go plan, metered, and unlimited user plans. Prices range from $8.95/user/month to $24.95/user/month
Why Choose OnSIP?
- Complete Phone System Features. OnSIP has an extensive selection of business phone system tools. Whether you need auto attendants, ACD queues, emergency dialing, voicemail to email options, or other call management features, this cloud-hosted phone system can handle all your communications requirements.
- Integrates With Other Communication Tools. While OnSIP comes with a variety of tools that will help you communicate and collaborate more efficiently, it’s possible that you would want to upgrade the platform with more familiar tools. Luckily, the platform seamlessly integrates with various third-party applications such as Zendesk, Highrise, Google Analytics, and Slack.
- Developer API Options. Your business has specific needs that one phone system may not be able to address. This is why apart from integrating with other applications, OnSIP also has developer API options that let you modify their platform according to your preferences.
Switchvox is a budget-friendly business phone system developed by Digium. Feature-rich and fully customizable, this powerful VoIP platform is ideal for modern businesses of all sizes. It aims to help you connect with employees and clients, grow your business, and save money on hefty telco costs. For pricing, Switchvox’s cloud-hosted PBX have unlimited plans that cost $24.99/seat and metered plans that are priced as low as $12.99/seat. They also have on-premise and virtualized options, but you’ll need to contact the vendor for pricing inquiries.
Why Choose Switchvox?
- Fuss-Free Call Management. Switchvox has a straightforward interface that does not require advanced programming skills or an extensive background in IT. This makes for a fuss-free call management experience that both professionals and novice users will be able to appreciate. It also reduces the time spent on training and lets you get right down to the nitty gritty of overseeing your communications system.
- Call Reporting Capabilities. Simplifying office communications is only one function of a phone system. A good platform must also be able to help you improve your operations. This is why Switchvox offers advanced call reporting capabilities that are accessible in real-time.
- Multiple Deployment Options. As a next-generation phone system, Switchvox offers multiple deployment options. If you prefer to have it on-premise, they will provide you with the platform as well as dedicated hardware for your operations. It is also optimized for VMware and can definitely be cloud-hosted for your convenience.
Fuze is a unified communications system that aims to facilitate smoother and more effective teamwork among businesses. It offers enterprise-grade business communications solutions that may be combined with the vendor’s collaboration tools, contact center systems, and in-depth reporting options. Used by reputable agencies such as AP, National Geographic, and Kronos, this platform is great for companies of different sizes. To take advantage of the many features that Fuze’s platform has to offer, contact the vendor to request a quote.
Why Choose Fuze?
- New and Improved PBX. Fuze is a phone system that offers all the features of a traditional PBX without the hassle of dealing with the problems that might come with using an on-premise solution. They leverage a cloud infrastructure and QoS-engineered network to help you get the most out of your business communications experience while keeping costs low.
- Easily Accessible Phone System. The modern business landscape requires entrepreneurs to be present at all times. To help you keep up with the demands of the industry, Fuze is easily accessible via deskphones, laptops, or mobile devices. This way, you can place and accept business calls whenever and wherever you are.
- Built With Users’ Needs in Mind. Fuze was created with your needs in mind. They applied a user behavior-driven approach in building the platform so that you can enable a faster adoption process as well as ensure a higher employee engagement rate.
18. Evolve IP
Evolve IP offers a unified communications platform designed for enterprises.Offering best-in-class tools for business collaborations, this phone system can provide you with all the features you need to optimize the way you work through efficient communication. It also has a scalable interface that can work across the globe, making it a great option for global companies. For pricing, Evolve IP currently does not provide their phone system’s payment plans publicly. Should you be interested in investing in this particular program, be sure to contact the vendor.
Why Choose Evolve IP?
- Built on Blue-Chip Providers. Evolve IP builds its software on top of blue-chip providers to ensure stable uptime and scalability. This way, you won’t have to worry about not being able to accommodate calls due to technical difficulties or having to switch platforms every time your company’s needs change. On top of that, software solutions created on a blue-chip backbone offers geographic failover to minimize data loss in case of disasters.
- Best-in-Breed Phone System Features. Be it unified messaging and mobile call management or business collaboration and disaster recovery, Evolve IP offers best-in-class features to help you elevate the quality of your operations. Their platform is equipped with sophisticated tools that can adapt to your needs. This will enable you to accomplish more tasks as well as expand your business with ease.
- Completely Customizable Platform. Evolve IP’s phone system has the capacity to integrate with multiple SaaS applications, allowing you to use it with some of your favorite tools. However, what really sets this part is that the provider can work with you to develop customized integrations. This way, you can deploy their system flawlessly no matter how unique your networking situation may be.
CrazyCall is a web-based telephony platform that can greatly support your company’s sales and customer service teams. The standout feature of this solution is it utilizes local phone numbers from over 60 nations. This functionality is useful as most people prefer to receive calls from unknown numbers only if they come from local areas. CrazyCall supports both outbound and inbound sales processes, and enables agents to place calls from anywhere. With this software, you can simplify your telesales campaigns and reach new customers instantly and effectively.
Why Choose CrazyCall?
- Easy-to-Use Control Panel. This feature allows even lay users to utilize the software without training. It enables you to easily create sales campaigns and appropriate call schedules.
- Call Recording. All calls made from the solution are recorded and you can download or replay them anytime. These recordings are stored securely in the cloud. You can use this functionality to improve quality control and your sales and support teams’ performance.
- Insightful Call Analytics. CrazyCall’s live dashboard utilizes both outbound and inbound call analytics. You can use the data and insights obtained to perform real-time performance analysis and optimize your operations.
Asterisk is a free and open source communications software that lets you build voice, video, and text applications. Available in over 170 countries, this platform is used by a number of Fortune 500 companies, private firms, call centers, government agencies, and other organizations to create personalized communications infrastructures. It is used to create and power IP PBX systems, VoIP gateways, and conference servers.
Why Choose Asterisk?
- Various Pre-Built Components. Developing your own communication solution does not have to be difficult or expensive. Using Asterisk, you can create a platform by combining hundreds of free pre-built components for voice, video, and text communications. This way, you won’t have to start entirely from scratch.
- Over 1 Million Servers Worldwide. Do you run a global company? Perhaps you simply want to reach out to as many international clients as possible? Asterisk has over 1 million servers worldwide. This enables them to provide you with their services no matter where your office may be.
- Customer Training Available. Whether you are new to software development or not, Asterisk can provide you with in-depth training you need. Their team of technical experts will guide you through the process of installing, configuring, fine-tuning, and maintaining a complete communications system. All you have to do is register for their instructor-led online courses.
Business phone systems, while originating from technology as old as the telephone, have come a long way as a communication tool. Other than being a means to talk with clients and partners, these platforms also allow you to take your company to greater heights by improving your overall operations.
However, with the number of software solutions available on the market, it can be difficult to find one that suits your business’ unique needs and preferences. Hopefully, with our list of top 20 business phone systems, we were able to help you narrow down your prospects. Do you think there are communications solutions that we forgot to include in this article? If so, feel free to leave a comment!
Note: If you’re all geared up for an overhaul of your communications infrastructure, not just the phone system, you can learn more about communications software, its benefits, features and costs.
Other Recommended Solutions
- BroadWorks. A VoIP platform that provides basic and enhanced phone services for businesses and residences alike. Key features include voice messaging, conferencing, selective call forwarding, simultaneous ringing, dial-by-name tool and auto attendant.
- Sinch. A cloud mobile communications platform with voice, SMS, video, IM and verification features. It offers an SDK that allows you to integrate HD quality and VoIP calling via wifi or PSTN origination.
- Voxbone. Suited for companies looking for a cost-effective way to establish a global network coverage. Accommodates over 9,000 area codes in 60 countries with features from compliant texting and carrier-grade services to SMS alerts and speech analytics.
- Fonality. An end-to-end business communication solution that can be deployed via cloud, private cloud or hybrid. A standout feature is its collaborative call management, with drag-and-drop tools and easy-access for your team members, allowing for quick call placements and replies.
- CloudCall. A cloud phone system with an integrated CRM, making this ideal for customer support communications. It allows you to create call groups, supervisor panels and voicemail drops, among its key features.
- BroadWorks. Offers both basic and enhanced VoIP features including collaboration tools. It features advanced communication services from voice messaging and conferencing to auto attendant and personal calling functions. The system covers billing, provisioning, operations and support.
- Sinch. The cloud-hosted phone system features a wide array of call functions for voice, verification, SMS, video and IM. It also provides an SDK tool to help you integrate or add more functions like integration with public switched telephone networks.
- Voxbone. A business communication platform that can be used in over 60 countries, compatible with international area codes and numbers. Featuring compliant texting and carrier-grade services, the system suits organizations faced with consistent heavy international call volume.
- Fonality. Features powerful integration with a wide array of collaboration and productivity apps, this system is ideal for managing remote teams and offshore companies. It’s more than a business phone system, but a fully featured communication solution with call, voicemail, directory, desktop alerts and agent hot desk functionalities, among others.
- CloudCall. It has an integrated CRM that gives you more flexibility handling customer queries, even using the system as a lead generator. The platform also features skills-based groups for ticket routing and supervisor panels for escalation and overview of the team’s performance.
- UniTel Voice. A virtual phone system ideal for small and medium business, as well as nonprofits. It features a proprietary Private Branch Exchange, featuring standard voice and message tools and advanced functions like voicemail-to-email feature, voice talent studio and mobile apps.
- BVoIP. A unified communication platform suitable for IT managed service providers with its enterprise PBX features, broad client support and desktop/mobile remote access. Some of its key tools include call center, web-based admin and inbound fax-to-email platform.
- phone.systems. A standard cloud phone system that suits business of any size. Among its key modules include time-based, multi-zone call routing, quick-access voicemail, custom voice messages and text-to-speech feature.
- Alliance Phones. A suite of phone system tools that helps you reduce phone bills and keep consistent customer support anywhere, anytime. It has standard tools like automated attendant, call log and recording and voicemail.
- MobileDay. Ideal for conference calls and online meetings with its one-touch dialing and mobile adaptability. Its app allows you to schedule meetings inside the system and send notifications and alerts to participants.
- Voice Carrier. You can easily transform your existing phone system into a virtual PBX with this platform. Features include unlimited trunks, free global calling, conference calls and remote office.
- Cebod Telecom. A highly adaptive VoIP for businesses across industries and of any size, from startups to enterprise. It offers pre-configured VoIP phones that let you set up a virtual PBX fast.
- Cradle. Ideal for small business, it features smart call routing with scalable functions for more advanced tools like unlimited concurrent calls, shared contact and voicemail to email.
- Loop Communications. An enterprise-grade cloud phone system for small business with reliable features as number porting, international calling, caller ID and digital faxing.