Find out more about Visitor Management Software
What is Visitor Management Software?
Visitor management software (VMS) helps companies track and manage visitors, allows careful access to facilities, and enhances the overall visitor experience. On arrival, visitors can self-register for an event or meeting at a kiosk that has a VMS. Their identification can be checked against a watch list to enhance security. In addition, administrative staff can use the software to manage assets like access cards and keys given to visitors. They can tag each item to minimize the risk of theft or loss. VMS can also notify a staff member that a guest has arrived and provide directions to the meeting place to the guest. Another advantage is the system can collect visitor data for reporting purposes and return visits. Start by checking our leader Envoy, and other recommended solutions in this category.
Top 7 Most Popular Visitor Management Software
How To Choose The Best Visitor Management Software
Visitor management software (VMS) helps businesses to securely manage the visitor flow to their premises. There are tons of good quality VMS solutions out there. So how do you do effective comparisons to select the best visitor management software for your company? We make your task easier with this buyer’s guide that details the main features and factors you should look for in each shortlisted solution.
Get to know each product with free trial
Start your search for the best visitor management software by registering for the free trial or demo of leading programs. Top visitor management software providers offer this facility to help users like you test drive the software’s features and do an informed comparison with other platforms. We recommend you check the possibility of a free trial for the following tools: Proxyclick, SwipedOn, Teem, TheReceptionist, WhosOnLocation, Greetly, and Envoy. These applications have received commendable rankings and ratings in our visitor management software reviews.
- Government and corporate. Government organizations as well as businesses can keep hardware and data safe with access control. Plus, they can utilize a VMS to provide directions and other details to help visitors reach the correct meeting place on time.
- University campuses. Educational institutions can use a VMS to secure their facilities and allow only administrators and professors to access sensitive areas.
- K-12 education. Schools can provide name badges to students and ID cards with the institution’s logo to faculty. This enhances transparency among faculty and students and ensures strangers and unauthorized people do not trespass into the school premises.
Examples of Visitor Management Software
- Proxyclick: A fully customizable VMS that helps you get rid of sign-in books. Enables you to create long-lasting connections with your contractors and visitors, and provide them a positive impression about your company. Makes the visitor management process more efficient. Key features include: watch lists, user permissions, safety checks, custom reports, and VIP alerts.
- SwipedOn: Ideal VMS for organizations and businesses of all sizes. It has a professional look and can help your company innovate and transform your reception, streamline your visitor check-in/out process, track the movement and time of your employees, and enhance communication among your staff. Employees can just swipe a finger to check in and out of work. The evacuation feature enables you to perform roll calls during emergencies.
- Teem: A popular conference room and meeting management tool. Enables you to schedule and track gatherings in campuses, buildings, and floors. Plus, it gives you the ability to manage and control aspects like individual room displays. Teem secures your data and ensures it is protected from system vulnerabilities and threats.
- TheReceptionist: A cloud-based VMS designed exclusively for iPad devices. It enables companies to import their staff members’ contacts and manage visitor logs. Provides an automated guest log-in interface that visitors can use to pre-register their details. You can identify the visitor’s purpose of visit, the employees they meet, and their check-in and check-out time.
- WhosOnLocation: An employee, contractor, and visitor sign-in platform that comes with an evacuation management module. This cloud-based software enables businesses to oversee visitors who enter and exit both outdoor and indoor facilities. It is ideal software for schools, remote offices, construction sites, and manufacturing plants. Top features include: identity management, asset management, and VIP management.
- Greetly: A receptionist kiosk designed for iPads. It makes visitor management quicker and more efficient by directing guests to the right department, office, and person. The host is informed of the guest’s arrival via text, email, or phone. Your company can save the cost employing a live receptionist as Greetly can receive any visitor type including professional visits, food delivery, mail, and more.
- Envoy: A visitor sign software for iPad devices. Enables you to welcome your guests warmly and give them a good impression about your company. All signing processes are paperless. Envoy provides a mobile app for Android and iOS named Envoy Passport that provides all the info you need and helps you share it with your team members. Finally, you can customize the sign-up screen with your branding elements.
Types of Visitor Management Software
- Computer visitor management system. Utilizes a computer network to record and monitor visitor info. It eliminates the drawbacks of a pen and paper system. You can check visitor ID against local, national, and in-house databases for potential security issues.
- Visitor management software as a service (SaaS). SaaS VMS for the real estate sector allows managers and landlords to remotely monitor and control access rights. They don’t need to give physical keycards and keys to new tenants. SaaS VMS for business offices enables building managers to automate the reception area and save costs and improve security. The latest SaaS VMS solutions are tablet-based.
Key Features of Visitor Management Software
- Embedded database. A VMS stores all visitor data locally in an embedded database. This means you don’t need to set up pre-registration tools or make connections with third-party database systems.
- Notifications. After a guest checks in, the solution notifies the staff member they have come to meet.
- Visitor tracking and reporting. The software retains info about visitors such as arrival and exit time, and duration of visit. This data can be used to identify the location of a visitor and to generate reports on attendance, among other purposes.
- Electronic documents. Your company can ask guests to digitally sign documents during check-in such as a non-disclosure agreement to safeguard confidential corporate info.
- ID scanning and badging. Guests can can their business card or other photo ID during check in. A VMS can quickly print a name tag to give visitors access to the right place in a building.
- Self check-in. Visitors can self-register by utilizing a smartphone or tablet kiosk when they enter the building. These interfaces can be customized with special instructions and company logos.
- Pre-registration. You can use a VMS for pre-registration and email guests before their visit. These emails can provide the date, time, parking info, directions, and other useful details to help guests reach their meetings quickly.
- Visitor screening. A VMS screens guests against online or local watch lists. For instance, day care centers and schools utilize a VMS to alert security agents if a registered sex offender tries to enter the premises.
Benefits of Visitor Management Software
- Enhances security. VMS is used to complement access control and building security systems. Companies can improve their security while saving costs as they don’t need to invest in added physical security units or install CCTVs.
- Boosts productivity. You can utilize a VMS to pre-register a large group of visitors using an online module. This means they don’t have to line up in your lobbies for registration which saves a lot of time for your employees. .
- It is fast and accurate. Scanning of visitors’ driver’s license, business card, or other ID auto-populates your company’s VMS database accurately and quickly.
- It is dependable. In case of hazards or emergencies inside the premises, a VMS can inform your security officials about visitors and guests who are within the building.
- It saves money. A VMS automates and streamlines visitor registration which reduces the cost of processing each visitor. In addition, security breaches are eliminated which also saves expenses.
- It is flexible and scalable. A quality VMS is scalable and flexible allowing you to easily customize the solution for your growing needs. The vendor will be able to service and update the system to meet your growing business demands.
More self-service. VMS is enabling businesses use modern methods like QR codes on a smartphone, tablets, and kiosk in the lobby which are similar to airport check-ins. Now, the receptionist does not have to do work such as taking pictures, scanning driver’s license, etc. Visitor self-service allows businesses to save costs as a single receptionist can manage multiple buildings via video displays and network links.
Wider range of IDs. VMS enables you to provision a wider range of IDs such as mobile credentials, emailing QR codes, or a standard temporary badge. This speeds up the process and when the guest arrives they have been pre-vetted and their credential is ready.
Time vs data. Companies that use a pen and paper system for visitor registration and management end up spending a lot of time on this process especially if there is a big group of guests. The security officials may not be able to record visitor details accurately given the lack of time. The solution is to invest in a good VMS that enables your security team to quickly capture visitor credentials and record them for future use.
Not verifying credentials. Your company’s receptionist or security official may not able to detect outdated or invalid IDs presented by visitors. A VMS solves this issue as it checks guest credentials against an embedded database as well as local and online watch lists to ensure potentially dangerous people are prevented from entering your company’s premises.
List of Visitor Management Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our platform uses our unique SmartScore™ algorithm to gather information about all the solutions in the Visitor Management Software category in orded to help you get the best possible application. It takes into consideration the following metrics: main features, collaboration possibilities, customization, integration, intuitiveness, help & support, how secure a software is, mobile support, scores in other media. As of now, Envoy is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. Following detailed evaluation it got the best results among its competitors and we strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the options for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A look at total user satisfaction with the products in our Visitor Management Software category evaluated with our unique algorythm that gathers customer reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media sites to help you make an educated purchase choice.
Pricing Read More
Each vendor in the Visitor Management Software category will offer a different group of pricing packages for its service and each package will include a different group of features. Below we list the general pricing for the most affordable plan provided for each app. Keep in mind that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
An overview of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by these B2B services in the Visitor Management Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Learn which languages and geographies are supported by the popular B2B apps in the Visitor Management Software category, including apps designed for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Learn which pricing plans are provided by the vendors in the Visitor Management Software category to see which one suits your business preferences and expenses best. Note that some apps can provide free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
An analysis of which kinds of customers a specific B2B solution in the Visitor Management Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what types of product deployement are provided by each B2B vendor in the Visitor Management Software category. Although most of modern SaaS services are cloud-hosted some services may offer an on-site deployment model as well.