FreshBooks: No. 1 Accounting Software
Our score: 9.8
User satisfaction: 99%
Automating billing and bookkeeping operations is one of the hottest trends in current software delivery, and owes such attribute to both the accuracy and professionalism it attaches to a brand. It no longer matters whether you’re coming from the small-biz or high market tier world – hassle-free transactions are your future.
Advanced invoicing software solutions have already replaced pen-and-paper accounting as such, but are also coming up with reliable accounting mechanisms to close the gaps Excel left behind. A reliable invoicing platform, for instance, won’t only draft bills and receipts at a half of the usual time, but also account for taxation, calculate fees, track payments, and please clients with direct payment options. In an even better scenario, it will manage expenses, inventories, and customer relationships.
Leading functionality requests by accounting software buyers
When is the right time to look for the best invoicing software? As experts advise, as soon as possible. Invoicing applications are undergoing a series of revolutionary processes, alike capturing massive data sets from a variety of sources; and are only to become more powerful in future, says Xero’s CEO Rod Drury. According to him, shifting to cloud was only the ‘trial version’ of prospective AI and machine-learning empowered accounting solutions, which means that sending Word-made invoices will no longer be an option (at least not one your customers would settle for!).
Leading criteria when choosing invoicing software
Only a couple of years ago, an IDC Manufacturing white paper on technology adoption exposed the limits of electronic business networks, pulling the line on what should be done to bring 50+% non-adopters to consider an e-invoicing system. This caused many invoicing software developers to push their systems towards the cloud, and even governments to head e-invoicing campaigns for valuable B2B, B2C, and B2G transactions. A good example to look at is Latin America, where a large percentage of all leading businesses already digitized their invoicing operations.
Yes, the invoicing market is a bewildering one, and without excess research, there is little chance to pinpoint the best invoicing software from the sheer number of excellent suggestions. To make matters easier, we’ve come with this list.
FreshBooks is an intelligent accounting solution currently applied by over 5 million businesses and freelance accountants worldwide. FreshBooks brings together an array of advanced accounting features and unparalleled ease of use, which makes it ideal for every company looking to custom-brand and fast-track financial documents. The vendor also offers a great free trial plan that you can use to test all the key features of the software. You can easily sign up for FreshBooks free trial here.
our Best Accouting Software Award for 2018
What will FreshBooks bring on the table? The reliable and fast accounting suite turns otherwise complex financial management into an enjoyable experience, and shortens significantly the time invested in creating invoices and collecting payments. With FreshBooks, you can collect due payments online, and via PayPal, Google Checkout, or any credit card. In such way, you will unite financial control in a single system, pull off some great reports on your financial activities, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure.
Keep in mind that a fully-functional mobile app was released just recently to support on-field agents and remote teams. FreshBooks’ dashboard was fully reinvented to introduce expense categorization, and facilitate even more the creation and distribution of professional invoices. Current users, however, get to choose whether they want to keep the original version of the system or acquire the new one, and continue to pay just as much as they did so far.
What is unique about FreshBooks?
- Modern and simplified interface. FreshBooks’ new version lets you enjoy a beautified and modernized interface, natural collaboration with your team companions and partners, and improved quality of work. Managing your business is much simpler than it used to be, having in mind their automated task prioritization, the redesigned dashboard with outstanding customization possibilities and late payment tracking features.
- Unrestricted access to information. FreshBooks is considerably good at following trends, and the best proof of it are the mobile platform add-ons for iOS and Android devices, allowing you to access data and do accounting regardless of your location.
- Allowing online payments. FreshBooks redesigned its time tracking for billing purposes by allowing companies to accept payment online, and to do so via various payment gateways. It makes managing payments flexible as you can settle accounts with MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Google Checkout, or use PayPal for online payments. You can also use the new version of the system to capture expenses and to prioritize tasks.
- Best in class invoice-to-payment features. FreshBooks gives you the certainty that your invoices have been properly delivered to clients. In the latest version, you will also be able to set invoice due dates, charge late fees, and turn on new online payment options.
- Tracking expenses. Using FreshBooks, you can easily track which expense belongs to which client, or add the expense to an invoice as a reimbursement deal with a particular client. It is also possible to link the Expense Tool to your bank or credit card account and import expenses directly from your bank. All these features make it really easy to track your company’s day-to-day expenses.
- Excellent reporting. You can easily generate a profit and loss report with just a few clicks. You can also create an expense report to track monthly costs and monitor your balance sheet in real time. Handling taxation issues is likewise simple.
- Flexibility. With FreshBooks, users can choose whether they want to acquire the new version of the system or not. Switching between the two is possible at all times, both for novice and experienced users.
2. QuickBooks Enterprise
QuickBooks Enterprise is an end-to-end accounting solution created to cater to the needs of high-growth businesses. As a product from Intuit, this platform offers a robust set of functionalities that keeps you on top of your finances. In fact, it can perform everything from expense monitoring to vendor management. Moreover, it consolidates all of your accounting data to give you a 360-degree view of all your transactions.
If you would like to learn more about this platform’s functionalities, you can sign up for a QuickBooks Enterprise free trial here.
By using QuickBooks Enterprise, you also get access to a sales and customer management module that will allow you to handle your invoices with ease. It allows you to create customized invoices, set schedules for sending automation, and monitor your due invoices. This way, you lessen the risk of overlooking certain transactions and ensure that you will get your money on time.
What is unique about QuickBooks Enterprise?
- Fully Integrated Solution. QuickBooks Enterprise may offer a sophisticated set of invoicing tools but its functionalities are much more extensive. It combines financial management and reporting, sales and customer management, as well as vendor management in one convenient interface. This way, you no longer have to rely on multiple platforms for your accounting responsibilities.
- Automated reporting. Automated reporting is perhaps QuickBooks Enterprise’s most appreciated feature, given that it allows users to customize reports and schedule them in an organized calendar skipping problematic delays and missed deadlines. It even comes with business-specific templates for better compliance management.
- Industry-Specific Accounting Functionalities. Whether you are in the manufacturing sector or the retail business, chances are you have requirements that are unique to your industry. This is why QuickBooks Enterprise offers industry-specific accounting functionalities to speed up the process of preparing the software for your operations.
- User-Friendly Interface. This platform was built with usability in mind. For starters, it offers a drag-and-drop navigation tool and uses simplified language. This way, you can implement the platform with minimal training, allowing you to cut your downtime and increase user adoption.
- Seamless Integrations. QuickBooks Enterprise can support over 180 third-party integrations. With this, it is easier for you to implement it alongside your existing arsenal of business software or extend its functionalities depending on the needs of your business.
Xero is another leading name on our list of 20 best invoicing software tools that set the basics of how modern and reliable accounting tools look nowadays. It incorporates one of the best invoicing modules in digital accounting history, and counts as a system that can meet the needs of companies of all scales and industries. This is probably because Xero was developed with usability in the first plan, and leans heavily on customer experience rather than technicalities and calculations.
There is a free trial available as well that lets you try out the main components of this solution. You can easily sign up for Xero free trial here.
With Xero in your toolkit, you will find it easy to govern complex financial operations even without experience. Most of the system’s functionality is concentrated on the Dashboard, where you can monitor the company’s billing and invoicing status and compare finances in fancy charts, but also access directly all action sections that matter to your financial management.
What is unique about Xero?
- No setup issues. Xero allows editing ‘on the go’, the advantage of it being fast and accurate transacting from moment one. Most of the system’s functionality is concentrated on the Dashboard, where you can monitor the company’s billing and invoicing status and compare finances in fancy charts, but also access directly all action sections that matter to your financial management.
- Streamlined transactions. What you will like about Xero’s transactions is the multiple-approval model and two-factor authentication, which minimizes the probability of financial fraud. For every transaction, there will be a detailed list of performed actions, including dates, users, and manual notes. In terms of sales, this method will make it possible to control purchase orders, and categorize invoices as drafted, awaiting approval, awaiting payment, or delayed.
- Financial health monitoring. Xero offers all standard reports, including Balance sheets, Income Statements, and Cash Flow records, but its true value hides behind additional analysis: few of the system’s reports are highly specific, tackling sales per items, expenses per contacts, aged payables, and so on.
- Inventory management. Xero is also an inventory and stock management powerhouse that allows you to create and keep detailed possession records to use automatically in your transactions. All of these records are robust, and contain details such as tax status, purchase costs, committed quotes, and relevant descriptions.
- A large number of useful integrations. Xero functions impeccably with a number of leading software solutions,among which ZenPayroll, Kabbage, Evernote, Stripe, Vend, Deputy, Stitch Labs, Bill, Harvest, Mogul, Synergy, Workflow Max, Carbon Analytics, and many more.
4. Zoho Invoice
Zoho’s productivity suite also offers a cloud invoicing system, designed to meet in particular the needs of small and developing businesses. A literal no-brainer when it comes to crafting and distributing invoices, Zoho Invoice will give you all the business assistance you need to collect payments in time and maintain solid relationships with your clients. The system is quick and on-point, and enables facilitated time tracking, online payment acceptance, automated reminders, insightful reports, and effortless time management. What is even better is that it integrates with multiple popular Zoho and third-party products to enable seamless data migration. If you’d like to try out the software first you can sign up for Zoho free trial here.
What is unique about Zoho Invoice?
- Decimal precision. Zoho Invoice makes it possible to record foreign currency invoices and expenses with decimal precision, and request customers to pay online using any of their preferred popular gateways (PayPal, for instance).
- Business information review. This well-known feature helps see all important business information at a glance. Among other things, you can see which products/services sell the best, and which customers pay regularly and on time.
- Time tracking. Zoho Invoice offers both time tracking and expense tracking, which means you can follow up your own payments, and track and record finances in visual graphs.
- Data protection. Zoho Invoice is also designed for teams, and is therefore easy to assign users, and manage roles and permissions. All data is protected, stored on the local server and external data centers from where it can be recovered at any point of time. Zoho Invoice makes sure back will be frequent and automated, and data will after that be replicated in several different locations.
- Open API architecture. Last, but not least, the system is well-integrated, and offers open API to ensure it will blend easily in your software architecture. This means that you can build your own custom connections with any third-party system or application.
Tipalti is another popular billing and invoicing alternative that works around best-in-breed financial management practices to keep your business in the customers’ loop. It tackles problems such as late payments, administrative overload, noncompliance, and often catastrophic human errors, making sure at the same time that users won’t have to reinvent the wheel to get acquainted with it. The main advantage of Tipalti is that it will streamline the way you make payments to customers, partners, vendors, and affiliates across an impressive base of 190 countries. In the meanwhile, it will ensure that all tax and regulatory requirements are met with minimal human intervention, and it will met your initial goal – enhancing vendor and customer payment experiences while remaining focused on quality. The vendor offers a free trail as well so you can easily do a test run of the software. You can sign up for Tipalti free trial here.
What is unique about Tipalti?
- Payment automation. Tipalti automates more than 50% of all manual, global, and mass pay-out operational processes across a spectrum of 190 countries. The system is a current leader in payment reconciliation, AP, and financial reporting, confirmed to normalize data across diverse payment gateways, and feed it straight to ERP apps for further usage.
- Supplier management portal. All operations are conducted on a brandable Supplier Management portal, where suppliers themselves input and manage taxation information. Once there, data is validated by the system’s Remittance Validation Engine where more than 26,000 national and international standards are monitored for compliance.
- Simplified payments. With Tipalti, the user can pay in more than 190 countries, choosing between 120 currencies and 6 payment methods (Paypal, Wire, Prepaid Debit Card, US ACH, Global ACH, or Local bank transfer). The payment configuration is more than advanced, and provides a plethora of financial controls next to OFAC compliance.
- KPMG-certified app. Tipalti is a KPMG-certified app that collects both W-9 and W-8 US tax forms in order to withhold payment for non-compliant payees, and generates 1099 forms at the end of each year.
- Out-of-the-box reporting. With Tipalti, accurate and detailed payment reconciliation reports are generated automatically, without the manager having to worry about thousands of taxation rules, disparate payment method strategies, or regional considerations.
Wave is a popular accounting alternative for small businesses and freelance accountants that does a considerably good job crafting personalized invoices, tracking expenses, and maintaining bookkeeping operations under control. With Wave, it takes literally seconds to come up with a beautiful and on-point invoice, after which you can track the status and progress of your payment until money reaches your account. In order to make payments faster and more secure, Wave accepts all credit cards, and also offers a scanning tool and a variety of bank connectors. This way, you will never have to worry about manual entry errors or missing transactions. Another area where Wave helps reduce stress is payroll management, as it uses direct deposits and online pay stubs to calculate amounts and deduct taxes. The best part of the story is that all this functionality can be acquired absolutely for free.
What is unique about Wave?
- Absolutely free to use. With Wave, there are no hidden charges and undeclared fees. This makes Wave an ideal accounting and invoicing tool for small startups, freelancing professionals, and consultants.
- Creating professional invoices and accepting payments on the same platform. With Wave, creating professional looking invoices, estimates, and receipts is a smooth process. From this software, you can monitor the status of all your invoices and payments. The system also enables users to accept payments via credit cards, giving you and your customers unparalleled convenience.
- Tracking expenses. Wave will also take care of your budget, and monitor how and where you’re spending. It takes out manual data entry from the equation, significantly streamlining the process without compromising accuracy, and gives you advanced tools such as scanning and bank connectors.
- Automated billing. With Wave’s automatic billing and invoicing, users will definitely save a lot of time. Other time-saving features include recurring bills and invoices. Users can configure reminders to remind you of paid and unpaid items
- Tax calculation and deductions. Wave also allows you to pay your team from anywhere with the right amount. You can conveniently use online pay stubs or choose direct deposits to deliver your team their payment. At the same time, it can be set to meet any taxation provisions and regulations.
The Intacct story is also one of high efficiency and spotless reputation. The tool was projected as an enterprise resource management system that handles a variety of accounting operations, including end-to-end billing and invoicing. Using it, you will have access to a wide range of advanced accounting tools, among which multi-currency management for international transactions, sales tax automation, margin & leak control, and many more. Intacct is officially recognized by AICPA as their top provider of financial-related applications to CPAs, and serves dynamic and rapidly growing industries that require active financial monitoring (healthcare, wholesale distribution, and retail, among others). It is also the proud holder of a number of industry awards, among which CRN Magazine’s and OnDemand’s Top 20 Award vendors.
What is unique about Intacct?
- All core accounting capabilities. General ledger makes data entry smoother and less time consuming, while minimizing errors in financial reports. For businesses that require a tight grip on project accounting, Intacct can lower revenue leaks, and increase control over basic costs and margins. Multicurrency transactions are also enabled.
- Built-in and customizable reports. Intacct contains numerous basic graphs, dashboards, and charts, which are relevant to many basic financial reports. Calculations can be set and customized to compute for KPIs, commissions, and returns directly into system, removing the need to do manual computations from Microsoft Excel.
- Fast order processing. Intacct works closely with e-commerce websites, especially when it comes to online purchases and services by streamlining the processes and providing a secure platform.
- Very easy to use. Intacct’s default dashboard is very familiar for those who have some experience working with other accounting software. Likewise, the dashboard can also be customized, creating shortcuts to most common functions.
- Limited access & controls. Intacct segregates user access controls or profiles. This can limit a user’s ability to move within the software, blocking various features and actions. Due to Oracle’s reliable database system, the information within the software is safe from hackers and viruses.
Brightpearl manages invoicing from the perspective of an active vendor, and combines a number of useful sales tools that would save you additional investment in retail automation technology. If looking for an invoicing solution, you should first look at the system’s automated accounting module, thanks to which Brightpearl cuts manual bookkeeping in half. It accounts automatically for bookkeeping entries for orders, invoices and payments, and stores important data for reporting purposes. With its integrated accounting and financial management software, you get real-time financial insights across your entire business including all your inventory, sales and purchasing. To keep up with new trends in the industry, BrightPearl is now also available on all mobile devices.
What is unique about Brightpearl?
- Focus on retail. Brightpearl was built and equipped exclusively for retail, especially retail on multiple channels, and directs all planned innovations towards helping retailers sell more, and be more efficient.
- Connected to all popular marketplaces. At the moment, Brightpearl works in synergy with the likes of Amazon and Shopify to help you manage and improve any omnichannel business from a central position.
- Automated accounting. Bookkeeping entries for orders, invoices and payments are automatically accounted for in Brightpearl. In such way, it eliminates the need to perform most of your manual bookkeeping operations.
- Centralized inventory management. You can also use the system for centralized inventory management, as all your assets are held in its database, and are being changed and updated in real rime. Brightpearl mirrors each sale quantity that is made, ensuring you your figures are also current.
- A single source of truth. After you’ve got it up and running, Brightpearl becomes a single source of truth, and a central hub from where you can manage your business. You can use it to generate accurate, real-time reports, and make more informed, data-driven decisions.
Being free to use, ZipBooks is often the top choice of freelancing professionals, contractors, small businesses, and growing enterprises. The web-based accounting platform streamlines financial processes and significantly enhances productivity, resulting in faster payments. With a broad list of its financial partners, ZipBooks enables users to accept payments via credit cards and checks, just as an enterprise-grade system would do. You can use it to create and distribute professional invoices, track time and expenses, and even project revenue and income. Another important advantage compared to similar free-to-use systems is that ZipBooks integrates seamlessly with tools such as Asana, Google Apps, Google Drive, Google Chrome, and Slack.
What is unique about ZipBooks?
- Free-of-charge accounting. With ZipBooks, users don’t have to pay for any subscription plan to use the service (small charges do apply, however, if you intend to use the services of their financial partners). The system is hence recommended to small and medium businesses.
- Reconciliation features. ZipBooks not only tracks your finances and allows you to create accounting reports, but also helps you see where your money is being spent. The platform offers bank reconciliation features where you can categorize your expenses and quickly view them in one account.
- Possibility to connect it to your bank account. Connecting your ZipBooks profile to your bank accountets you synchronize all your bank accounts to help you keep all your financial data up to date. ZipBooks also enables you to pull up all your financial data and store it in a mobile-accessible location.
- All core accounting functionality. This software lets you view all your total accounts receivable, paid invoices, average invoice age, and time tracked by team members in one view. With all information easily viewable, you will know what you need to do the moment you log in to your account.
- Flexible invoice maker. With ZipBooks, you will find it incredibly easy to craft and modify invoice templates, and make them as business-specific as you need them.
10. Sage 50 accounting
Sage 50c accounting is an in-depth accounting, invoicing, inventory, cash, and tax management system that also responds to a variety of reporting requirements. Designed to save time and facilitate financial control, Sage 50c also counts as one of the most secure, screen-level access tool that guarantees protection for your most confidential information. Offered as both a desktop and a mobile application, Sage 50c makes it possible to bill clients and receive payments even when not in the office. It is also 100% compatible with leading fraud monitoring services, and connects immediately to your Sage Payroll account to facilitate payroll processing and operations. The system is most suitable for medium and large businesses, and offers reliable, 24/7 customer support.
What is unique about Sage 50c accounting?
- A trusted provider. 50c accounting is Sage’s official online accounting service relied on by millions of users everywhere in the world. The tool is available in multiple languages and supports multiple currencies, offering as well uncompromised security for your data.
- Payment-on-the go. With fully responsive mobile apps, Sage 50c accounting ensures that you will be able to bill clients and receive payments even when not in the office. Regardless of whether you’re using the mobile or the desktop version, you can have the peace of mind that your data is protected, and your work is compliant with all standards and provisions.
- Mobile invoicing. Sage 50c accounting will improve your cashflow management as soon as you’ve installed it, as it makes it possible to craft and distribute brand-specific invoices from a mobile device.
- Best-in-class reporting. Sage 50c accounting counts as one of the best-equipped tools in the industry when it comes to financial analytics. With it, you will get over 100 different reports and financial statements that you can customize to your needs, but also be able to process the data it contains for any type of custom report.
- Integration with Sage Payroll Service. Sage 50c accounting will be ideal for current Sage Payroll users, as the two systems blend seamlessly to facilitate payroll processing.
50,000 small businesses and freelance accountants in over 140 countries worldwide have entrusted their invoicing operations to Hiveage, a system best known for its simplicity and compactness. The tool produces, as developers like to put it, professional and elegant invoices, supporting in such way the specifications of your brand and your work. It keeps service under control and ensures that you will paid on time based on the right quotations, as you can easily convert those into invoices. You can also accept and approve payments online, be that those are coming from a popular payment gateway or are directly transferred from a credit card. What is really unique about Hiveage is its milega tracking capability, which is why we invite field operation teams to consider it.
What is unique about Hiveage?
- Professional and branded invoices. Hiveage makes it easy to get paid on time, as you can customize invoice templates until they match your exact needs. This means that you will be able to add your logo, content, contact information, and set payment terms of your own.
- Estimates and quotations. Using Hiveage, you can prepare quotations for all your clients, accept them online, and transform them into invoices. At the same time, Hiveage integrates with a variety of popular payment gateways to enable you to receive payments from all around the world.
- In-depth analytics. Hiveage focuses heavily on financial control, which is why it puts in place a variety of reporting mechanisms. You will get all type of standard reports and graphs on payables/receivables to follow your financial activity, while you can also prepare your custom summaries.
- Recurring & Subscription billing. Hiveage offers manual, automatic, and auto-billing recurring invoices, so that you can easily charge subscriptions and other recurring payments.
- Tracking mileage. Hiveage makes it possible to track both time and expenses, but what makes it unique in this category is mileage tracking. If miles and kilometers matter to your business, Hiveage is the right choice to have those accounted for.
Invoicely is one more free accounting application designed for small businesses that focuses exclusively on billing and accounting. Using it, you will have the chance to keep all your finances under control, and use a fully-featured suite of business reports and summaries that examine the health of your budget. The same as other solutions on this list, Invoicely supports direct online payments via PayPal, Stripe, WePay, and Mollie, as well as credit cards. The system is also equipped for time and expense tracking, and takes approximately 60 seconds to convert each of them in a professional and well-organized invoice. Despite of being free, this platform doesn’t limit the number of invoices you can send or the number of clients you can serve.
What is unique about Invoicely?
- Free and small-biz friendly. Invoicely offers a completely free plan with unlimited invoices and multi-currency billing designed for sole accountants and small companies. This plan, however, doesn’t include time and expense tracking, estimates, and online payment on platforms other than PayPal.
- End-to-end finance management. Invoicely delivers a fully-featured suite of finance management features and business summaries, so that you can always have a clear picture of your business’s health and progress. You will be able to create beautiful invoices from scratch, or modify a responsive template in less than 60 seconds.
- Automated workflows and tax management. Invoicely automates your workflows with recurrent invoices and automated payment reminders, while it also secures access to your cashflow information. The system takes into account your taxes, discounts, special offers, and shipping arrangements, and calculates them in your invoice totals with minimal interference.
- Branding. Invoicely makes sure that you can promote your brand while completing basic accounting activities, as it lets you customize statements, icons, logos, control-panel pages, and log-in screens in all desired ways.
- Support for various payment gateways. Using Invoicely, you can accept online payments via Mollie, Stripe, PayPal, We Pay, or any credit card, to give customers the comfort of completing payments via mobile devices.
Invoice2Go is a mobile-first online invoicing platform that gives small businesses all proficient accountancy assets. It enables you to send invoices and estimations on the move, using any of its professional and responsive templates, or crafting such yourself. When it comes to accepting payments, Invoice2Go will function smoothly with a number of leading gateways, but also support direct installments from credit and debit cards. All along the process, it will keep an eye on how the payments are progressing, namely track your invoices (sent, opened, and overdue), time, receipts, and expenses, and prepare some detailed reports on your financial activity. The pricing scheme is more than flexible, as plans start as low as $2 per month.
What is unique about Invoice2Go?
- Professional invoice templates. With Invoice2Go, you can choose from a variety of fully-responsive invoice templates, uploading your business logo, contact data, and desired information. Invoice2Go will also allow you to design unique templates.
- Expense tracking. Invoice2Go allows you to make snap photos of your receipts, and export and analyze all expenses within seconds. This way, you will have more time to focus on other important tasks.
- Accepting direct payments. Invoice2Go is enabled to accept both credit and debit card payments, making it possible for end customers to cover invoices upon receipt. On the other side, you will be able to monitor how invoices are distributed and check who has opened them, and decide which is the best time to follow up.
- Payment reminders. Use Invoice2Go to track down unpaid and pending invoices, and set up automatic payment reminders for your customers. Such are not only used for late payments, but also as notifications for upcoming and due payments.
- Mobile apps. Invoice2Go is a mobile-first invoicing platform, and thus comes with native apps for Android and iOS users. This means that you will be able to create, track, and distribute invoices and accept payments on the go.
Bill.com is the home of one of the quickest-growing business payments network in the United States, allowing almost 200,000 users to pay and get paid countless bills worth billions of dollars. The Bill.com Business Payments Network pleases small-to-medium businesses with efficient and simple online bill payment, unrestricted document storage, custom invoicing services, the ability to access the back office from anywhere using any mobile device, and multiple tools for collaboration. . Bill.com’s services quickly sync to a users’ accounting software as well as online bank accounts to better manage company financials while at the same time guarding against errors. The system accepts AHC and credit cards, and helps you get paid 2x – 3x faster than before.
What is unique about Bill.com?
- Best-of-breed and reputed billing system. The platform helps at least 600,000 network members handle over $19 billion in payments every year and saves businesses up to 50 percent of the time usually spent on financial back-office operations by safely automating their end-to-end processes.
- Enterprise-grade fraud protection. Bill.com offers enterprise-class fraud protection that present methods cannot match. Bill.com helps customers through its efficient direct, bank, and accountant channels, bringing together systems, documents, and people to redefine how business payments should be made.
- Large list of accounting integrations. To allow data to flow seamlessly between accounts, Bill.com offers a large list of third-party integrations. For instance, you can use it in synergy with Intacct, Xero, NetSuite, QuickBooks, and many other systems.
- A dedicated payment portal. With Bill.com, you will get to use its dedicated payment portal (Bill.com ePayments), which helps facilitate and guarantee payment arrival.
- Excellent customer support. Bill.com is also appreciated for its knowledgeable and friendly support team that is available via live chat, phone, and email. A variety of training materials is also available on their website to help you make the most of this system.
15. Online invoices
If looking for a quick and easy accounting solution, look no further than Online Invoices. Designed primarily for the needs of sales and retail industries, the platform makes it easy to create fully-featured invoices, send, receive, and track due payments, calculate taxes, and report accurately and on time. This makes Online Invoices the cheapest and user-friendliest alternative for every company looking to measure business progress, be that in general, or at specific stages and for specific clients. The suite offers also features for billing, inventory management and control, customer relationship management, clients management and follow ups, staff payroll processing, and more.
What is unique about Online Invoices?
- Robust invoicing platform. Online Invoices combines all essential billing & invoicing features, and speeds up your processes by automating invoice generation as well as processes for recurring bills. What is really unique is that the platform also offers core ERP and CRM functionalities.
- Detailed customer profiles. With Online Invoices, you can create customer profiles with all their updated contact details, their whole history with your business, as well as notes and attachments. Online Invoices lets you track their actions to get you insights into customer patterns, behavior, tendencies, and more, giving you the edge you need to fully maximize and maintain long and fruitful relationships with your customers.
- End-to-end transaction history. Online Invoices makes it easy to keep track of customer and transaction history. You can store all customer data per invoice, such as the transaction date, transaction time, item, and whether the customer has read the email or not.
- Inventory management. Another interesting possibility offered by this platform is to monitor and manage inventory. You can also send purchase orders to your suppliers for additional stocks to keep your inventory loaded.
- Pre-filled invoice templates. Online Invoices has one of the richest template database in this niche. You can modify any of those with your personal information, or craft brand new ones using your complete history log.
Due is a very compact accounting suite that consists of several different modules: Invoicing, Payments, eCash, Global Payments, Digital Wallet, and Time Tracking. Depending on your needs, you can obtain each of the modules separately, or combine them for professional, end-to-end customer service. The Invoicing module, for instance, solves the problem of chasing payments and losing time preparing invoices, and gives you a functional dashboard instead, where you can effectively manage all related tasks. For instance, you can include your logo and other personalized information in any invoice you send, as well as deliver it with a personalized message, and offer a variety of payment options. Due is also enabled for recurring invoicing, discounts and tips, ad leverages smart invoicing numbering that helps avoid duplicate entries.
What is unique about Due?
- Affordable payment processing. Due’s credit card payment processing rates start as low as 2.8%, which makes it one of the most affordable and hassle-free tool on this list. The rate is flat and transparent, and there are no hidden costs and fees you should worry about.
- All online invoicing features you can think of. Due offers a very robust invoicing module where you can upload logos and add personalized messages, use different languages and currencies, work with any sales tax, send recurring bills, leverage smart invoice numbering, check who viewed the invoices, or even introduce custom payment terms.
- International credit card processing. Due processes payments from credit cards all around the world, which makes it an adequate solution for international businesses and large corporations.
- Digital Wallet. With Due, you will not only receive money and invoice clients, but also be able to make instant payments yourself. All types of transactions can be handled even from a mobile device, from splitting a large bill to getting reimbursed for expenses.
- Top notch security. Due is one of the most secure payment processing system, as it is PCI compliant, encrypts all of your transactions, monitors for fraud and sends timely alerts, and uses blockchains to provide proprietary security.
Invoicera is definitely a name that rings a bell among experienced accountants, often refereed to as the role model of smart and easy accounting. Instead of spending days accounting for your financial activities, you can activate Invoicera and let it deal with your accounts payable and accounts receivable, tackle and fix payment disputes, and report in-depth on all your financial activities. What makes Invoicera really unique is the possibility to manage multiple companies and accounts at once, in which case it preserves the consistency of your service, and lets you work with best-in-class legacy systems. At the moment, Invoicera integrates with more than 2 payment gateways and secure payment options manages subscriptions in different languages and currencies, and offers some of the best staff permissions in this industry.
What is unique about Invoicera?
- Scalable & flexible platform. Invoicera is one of the most popular performers in this branch. It offers unparalleled features for various client types, scalability, flexibility, and flexible licensing powering over two million clients and over 25 top enterprises generating over 200 million invoices each year.
- Support for multiple payment gateways. With Invoicera, you can quickly manage your invoices and keep track of payments, using just one platform. The system supports multiple payment gateways, so that your business can offer customers diverse payment options.
- Multi-language & multi-currency. Another thing that makes Invoicera unique is that it allows you to create and send invoices to various customers all over the world, in their local language as well as currency. In such way, it helps you boost the quality of your customer relationships.
- Small-business friendly. Due to the unique combination of accounting, CRM, and ERP features, and the moderate pricing scheme, Invoicera is well-adjusted to use in small and medium corporate environments. It is also recommended to freelancers and sole accountants.
- Invoicera Mobile App. Invoicera users also have access to native mobile apps for Android and iOS, so that they can send invoices and accept payments even when not in the office.
Our experts are also delighted to suggest BigTime Accounting, keeping in mind the plethora of unique benefits it offers to the small-biz community. For starters, we are discussing a system that is configurable enough to cater to professional service deliverers, and one that incorporates end-to-end client management capabilities. With a 360-degree view on all your engagements, BigTime will make it possible to integrate all teams and clients into the accounting process, and update data painlessly and without mistakes. It is also a solution cut for recurring engagements, and it puts into place simplified workflow management for companies that don’t possess additional administrative assets. In the invoicing aspect, BigTime will make it possible to meet industry requirements and adhere to standards and provisions, even if you don’t have any accounting experience at that point.
What is unique about BigTime?
- All-in-one billing platform. With BigTime Billing, users receive a cloud-based platform that provides them with time and billing, expense tracking, project costing, budgeting, and workflow management capabilities plus seamless integration with QuickBooks and Lacerte Tax.
- Unparalleled ease of invoice generation. Generating invoices with BigTime Billing is a breeze. Users can easily create an invoices simply by clicking on the project they want to make an invoice for. There are more than 20 invoice styles that users can choose from. Once an invoice is created, users can still update, add, edit anytime during the process.
- 360-degree view of clients and schedules. BigTime provides users with a 360-degree view of their clients, schedules, and engagements. Users also have mobile access to contacts and address books, thus making it easy for companies to manage their customers, engage them, deliver them the services they paid for, and get paid accurately and timely.
- Tracking time & expenses. BigTime is also built with the idea to help companies track their time and monitor their expenses. Timer functionality is available and can be configured to include Project, Labor Code, and Engagement to ensure that your staff are providing quality work during working hours.
- Very affordable. Designed to suite also individual accountants and small firms, BigTime offers one of the most affordable pricing schemes in this industry. The lowest plan available costs only $5.60.
A completely free invoicing software for freelancers and small businesses, Solna utilizes credit scoring data to effectively asses your client’s financial background and mitigate accompanying risks. Being a free software, the platform is ideal for businesses seeking to expand and grow without worrying about additional overhead costs. Solna will introduce a paid plan for enterprises in the near future to nicely accommodate your business as it grows.
Users can also rest at ease that they have enough time to focus on chasing after business opportunities as the platform automatically handles invoice chasing or sending of payment reminders for nearly due fees. In addition, keeping information on business entities is a breeze thanks to its capability to reach into the Companies House database. With these functionalities, you can concentrate more on nurturing your clients.
What is unique about Solna?
- Credit scoring data. Solna layers credit score data in invoices to help you properly assess the corresponding client’s financial background. This ensures that businesses are well aware of their client’s capability to make on time payments. Equipped with this information, you can make the right decisions and avoid undesired risks.
- Completely free invoicing platform. All of Solna’s functionalities are completely free of charge, and will remain free in the foreseeable future without additional costs.
- Automatic reminders. The software eliminates the need for mundane and awkward conversations asking for unpaid fees. The platform allows users to customize their reminders and set the appropriate settings desired. Reminders can be set on or off for specific customers or invoices.
- Companies House database access. Solna provides users access to the Companies House database, making it easy to ensure all information of business entities are kept up to date at all times.
Built for small businesses, BeeBills is a user-friendly platform that streamlines and automates billing and invoicing processes. Among the features it can automate include automated reminders to clients for nearly due fees, informing debt collection agencies of unpaid fees, and self-reminders for each procedure in the invoicing process. In addition, BeeBills allows for automatic recurring bill generation and delivery, thus eliminating countless of hours spent on creating bills if done manually. With BeeBills, businesses can strengthen their professional image to clients by allowing them to review their invoice before sending an official one. Accurate invoices can also be sent thanks to the platform’s hour logging functionality, which is quite useful for time-based services. Incorporating one’s branding elements is quick and easy with BeeBills. Having branded invoices is essential for fostering the message and values of your business and building and strengthening your credibility among clients.
What is unique about BeeBills?
- Automated invoice generation and delivery. Billing and invoicing is hassle-free thanks to the platform’s capability to automate your workflow. Basically, BeeBills ensures both users and clients are well-informed about their duties.
- User friendly interface. Both novices and professionals can easily adopt to the software and take advantage of all functionalities.
- Invoice branding. Strengthen your company image by incorporating branding element on your bills and invoices.
- Accurate invoicing. Ensure hourly-services are properly accounted for. BeeBills allows for invoice sending based on the number of hours worked.
- Affordable pricing. The platform offers unlimited invoicing for all pricing options, with the starting plan costing $8.99 monthly per user.