TherapyNotes: No. 1 In EHR Software
Our score: 9.0
User satisfaction: 100%
What is the top EMR software company?
The top EMR software company is TherapyNotes. This robust and flexible platform can localize transactions and support a wide variety of payment methods. So, it comes as no surprise that it is trusted by thousands of companies in almost every industry across the globe.
Healthcare practitioners are trained to care of the sick and improve quality of life. However, many of them are compelled to also attend to administrative matters. This is precisely why EMR software was developed, to allow health professionals to focus on their core functions.
Electronic medical records (EMR) tools alleviate time-consuming back-office responsibilities and even help restructure entire medical establishments. In this article, we’ll discuss the top 30 EMR software providers, including the innovative platforms that they offer.
The 2018 Medscape Physician Compensation Report says that physicians spend up to 20 hours a week on manual paperwork and administrative duties. This means that rather than focusing on patient care, doctors waste most of their time and efforts on non-health related tasks.
But thanks to EMR software, such unnecessary burden can be eliminated. Aside from reducing administrative time by as much as 3.8 hours a week per physician, these solutions also improve patient-physician communication and clinical efficiency.
Hours per week spent on administrative matters by medical practitioners
Less than 5 hours: 11
Less than 5 hours%
Hours per week spent on administrative matters by medical practitioners
Between 5-9 hours: 18
Between 5-9 hours%
Hours per week spent on administrative matters by medical practitioners
Between 10-19 hours: 38
Between 10-19 hours%
Hours per week spent on administrative matters by medical practitioners
20 hours or more: 32
20 hours or more%
Source: Medscape 2018 Designed by
Undoubtedly, the growing usage of EMR solutions changed the landscape of the healthcare industry. For instance, in 2012, 28% of hospitals scanned all patient records, while the remaining 72% hired employees for such tasks. But by the end of 2018, over 95 % of hospitals and roughly 90% of office-based physicians started using an EHR system for their operations.
If you’re looking for a new EMR solution or simply want an upgrade, you came to the right place. We’ve gathered and tested the most popular solutions in the market to identify today’s top 30 EMR software vendors that make up the best EMR software.
By the way, you might notice that some of these vendors are EHR providers. As it is, EHR is the umbrella healthcare tech category that includes EMR functions. So that’s the difference between EHR and EMR applications.
TherapyNotes is a company founded by Dr. Debra Pliner, a clinical psychologist, and Brad Pliner, a web technologies expert. Since they launched their platform in November 2010, they have since become a leading software provider for behavioral health practice management.
Serving more than 30,000 behavioral health professionals, the company offers TherapyNotes EMR, a HIPAA-certified software that streamlines the workflow of its users. It does this through its robust EMR and powerful scheduling tools. If you want to try the features at no cost, you can easily avail of the TherapyNotes free trial.
Try out TherapyNotes with their free trial
Why Choose TherapyNotes?
- Strong IT and health background. TherapyNotes software was created by people who have experience in the health and IT industry. As such, the vendor leverages its medical experience and technology know-how to create one of the most optimized EMR applications today.
- Highly rated company. Numerous clinicians trust TherapyNotes for providing high-quality EMR solutions, and it shows in the reviews that they receive. What’s more, the company has been lauded for its stellar customer support and user-friendly software over the years.
- Offers great career growth opportunities. TherapyNotes encourages continuous learning within their team so that employees may grow professionally. And this allows the company to foster a positive office culture that is productive, passionate, collaborative, and committed to excellence.
Detailed TherapyNotes Review
Sevocity is a San Antonio, Texas-based EHR vendor and is part of Conceptual Minds Network (CMI). CMI is a leading healthcare technology developer, specializing in medical informatics services and biotech platforms.
Its cloud-based EMR solution, Sevocity, is one of the most widely-used platforms mainly because it is affordable, easy to use, and implement. The company also offers 24/7 customer support. With Sevocity free trial, you can test-drive its tools and functionalities without any cost.
Try out Sevocity with their free trial
Why choose Sevocity?
- Extensive and secure integration with billing solutions. It offers smooth integration with the billing service that you use. Aside from allowing easy access to medical records, Sevocity uses robust security protocols. This will ensure that all your patients’ information and medical history are safe.
- Customizable EMR for various medical practices. The vendor enables practitioners to customize their EMR to service a wide range of medical specialties. Likewise, the company provides customized tools to streamline the entire patient care cycle.
- Free data migration. The vendor also offers its own system for transferring medical information from legacy systems into Sevocity. This free data import tool ensures that all imported data are complete and correct.
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services. This vendor strives to empower people to improve health outcomes. What’s more, it has been recognized by numerous organizations such as Forbes and Newsweek for its efforts.
Its EMR software, called Care360, is a fully mobile platform with scheduling and billing modules. Designed for ambulatory services, it is also engineered to handle multi-specialty facilities and large medical institutions.
Why choose Quest Diagnostics?
- Passionate about innovation. The people behind Quest Diagnostics continually conduct groundbreaking tests and experiments. And this initiative to learn more about different aspects of the industry helps them gather the information that they can transform into actionable insights. As a result, they can create innovative products that stand out.
- Trusted by numerous physicians. As mentioned, Quest Diagnostics has been awarded by respectable organizations. On top of that, over 200,000 physicians rely on Quest Diagnostics’ suite of technology and analytics programs.
- Highly trained staff. Quest Diagnostics has a team of medical and scientific experts with more than 650 MDs and PhDs. Their collective experience and insight into the industry collectively set this company apart.
4. Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion is a company founded in 2005, dedicated to improving the healthcare industry through technology. The company is known for having the largest cloud-based e-health platform in the United States, supporting over 30,000 medical practices nationwide.
Its EMR tool is also called Practice Fusion, which is a free medical practice software. This is a web-based platform designed to centralize all health records. These include charts, schedules, medical histories, and the like. It is also equipped with task management and custom reporting tools.
Detailed Practice Fusion Review
Why Choose Practice Fusion?
- Experienced multi-specialty team. One of the reasons why Practice Fusion made it to our list of top 30 EMR software companies for electronic medical records is because they are comprised of employees who have extensive experience in their respective specializations. This means they are knowledgeable about the needs of different practices.
- Best-in-class satisfaction rate. The best way to gauge the quality of a program is by listening to what users have to say about it. In the case of Practice Fusion, it has one of the highest physician satisfaction rates in the industry.
- Coordinates with practitioners. Practice Fusion closely works with clinical labs, pharmacies, imaging centers, health systems, and other healthcare practitioners. By collaborating with their target market, they can create comprehensive software solutions.
Cerner is a multi-awarded software provider headquartered in North Kansas City. They take pride in designing leading-edge health information technology solutions for healthcare organizations of every size.
One of their most popular offerings is Cerner EMR, which is a customizable software application that offers dynamic documentation, quick-select charting, and detailed scheduling tools.
Detailed Cerner EMR Review
Why Choose Cerner?
- Serves thousands of providers. Cerner aims to create a future where healthcare practitioners have more time to focus on their practice. To achieve this, they have continuously expanded their reach to bring their software solutions closer to their target market. Currently, Cerner has managed to connect practitioners at more than 27,000 provider facilities worldwide.
- Strategic supplier relationships. The company collaborates with some of the most reputable technology, service, and medical device suppliers around the globe. In this way, they can create better software solutions for their clients.
- Community Development Initiatives. As part of their corporate social responsibility, Cerner enhances communities through health and wellness initiatives and educational programs. They also built the First Hand Foundation whose aim is to provide funding for children to receive care and conduct free wellness screenings.
6. Optum Physician
Optum is a software company known for providing a wide range of healthcare technologies. It delivers best-in-class solutions that modernize the way clinics, hospitals, and independent practitioners work.
Among the products it offers is Optum Physician EMR, a HIPPA-compliant and CCHIT-certified program. It is a widely-used solution for health analytics, claims management, medical record documentation, and more.
Detailed Optum Physician EMR Review
Why Choose Optum?
- Solid company values. The people behind Optum not only work to create new technologies but also seek to augment modern healthcare for both patients and practitioners.
- Data-backed healthcare innovations. They have more than 26,000 data and analytics experts, focusing exclusively on healthcare. This way, they can yield accurate insights that reflect best practices in the industry.
- Inspires innovation. Optum aims to spark collaboration and inspire innovation in the industry. This is why they created an Experience Center in their Eden Prairie, MN, headquarters. Through this facility, they provide industry leaders, clients, and partners resources on the evolving healthcare landscape.
EpicCare is an employee-owned, developer-led company established in 1979. Since the developers started creating e-health technologies, they have transformed the company from a startup run from a basement to a global company storing millions of electronic patient records.
Its software, EpicCare, is a health recording solution built for large hospitals. Mainly an EMR application, it also has tools for decision support, billing and invoicing, telemedicine, and patient engagement.
Why choose EpicCare?
- Invests in research and development. EpicCare is dedicated to creating innovative products that actually work. This is why 50% of EpicCare’s operating expenses are invested in research and development of new healthcare technologies. The information they gather from these studies is what they use to modify and upgrade their software.
- Fit for various health institutions. Whether you are running a community hospital, an academic medical center, a retail clinic, a rehab center, or a hospice, EpicCare’s software can adapt seamlessly to your needs. They offer a flexible solution that can be modified using modules dedicated to specific practices.
- Software Built In-House. EpicCare believes in cultivating their own software solutions rather than acquiring technology from other developers to succeed in the industry. With this said, you can rest assured that they know all the inner workings of all the products you purchase from them.
8. Office Ally EHR 24/7
Office Ally is a software provider founded in California in 2000. Starting out as a basic medical claims clearinghouse, it now offers advanced practice management systems and patient portals.
They also have a top-of-the-line electronic health records solution named Office Ally EHR 24/7. This program is built to streamline workflow, automate documentation, simplify scheduling, and enable e-prescribing for practitioners.
Detailed Office Ally EHR 24/7 Review
Why choose Office Ally?
- Certified and accredited company. Office Ally is certified and accredited by numerous organizations in the industry. From HIPAA and EHNAC to CAQH CORE® and MHCC, they made sure that their software is built according to standards and regulations.
- Reliable customer support. Office Ally understands that it can be difficult to implement new software solutions no matter how tech-savvy you may be. This is why they offer regular webinars and customer training to help you navigate their products easier.
- Reputable partners. To provide you with the best possible healthcare applications, Office Ally has teamed up with several industry leaders. They forged strong relationships with AxiaMed, Aptus Health, Updox, and other reputable companies to ensure quality products and services.
9. InteGreat EHR
McKesson is an industry leader in pharmaceutical and medical-surgical distribution in the US and Canada. Having played an important role in the healthcare landscape for over 180 years, they have also become a provider of business and clinical software solutions.
Among the programs they offer are InteGreat EHR, a web-based program with tools for patient record documentation, e-prescribing, clinical workflows, and more.
Detailed InteGreat EHR Review
Why Choose McKesson?
- Caters to different aspects of healthcare. McKesson provides software solutions for various aspects of the healthcare industry. It has an extensive array of programs, which include pharmaceutical, medical-surgical, etc.
- Rich Company History. McKesson is one of the pioneers in the US healthcare industry. Built by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in 1833, this company started as a therapeutic drug and chemical wholesaler. As the healthcare landscape changed, it has evolved as well.
- Good Corporate Citizenship Initiatives. McKesson has formed a number of corporate citizenship initiatives throughout its existence in the industry. Among the issues they focus on the most are promoting better health, environmental sustainability, and opioid abuse. They also encourage employees to volunteer in their philanthropy program.
10. Kareo Clinical
Kareo was established in 2004 by Dan Rodriguez to improve the way medical practitioners work. Serving 40,000 providers all over the US, it is known for creating customized software solutions for medical companies of different sizes. One of the platforms they offer is Kareo Clinical, an EHR keeper designed to manage incoming and outgoing patients. It simplifies note-taking, facilitates paperless operations, and accelerates workflows through its customizable and comprehensive design.
Detailed Kareo Clinical Review
Why Choose Kareo?
- Healthy office culture. Collaboration, passion, and integrity are what make Kareo’s operations tick. To do this, they foster a positive office culture that lets employees take risks, adapt to change, and solve problems with ingenuity.
- Backed by reputable investors. Industry leaders believe in Kareo’s efforts to improve modern healthcare, and they are confident in the quality of their products. This is why it comes as no surprise that Kareo has received funding from multiple investors over the years. Some of their partners are Golub Capital, Montreux, and Greenspring Associates.
- Multi-awarded medical software company. Apart from getting support from reputable investors, Kareo’s credibility is also solidified by the awards they have been given. Among those who awarded them are Forbes, Orange County Business Journal, Red Herring, Medical Economics, and Deloitte.
11. TouchWorks EHR
Allscripts is an organization dedicated to enabling smarter care in the healthcare industry. Offering the only vendor-agnostic patient engagement platform on the market, they provide programs that can be used across the healthcare spectrum.
Be it for clinical, financial, or operational needs, Allscripts has options. One of their software solutions is TouchWorks EHR, a cloud-based record system with dynamic APIs and powerful features for task management, data inputting, and e-prescribing.
Detailed TouchWorks EHR Review
Why Choose Allscripts?
- Pioneer in open health platforms. Developed in 2007, the Allscripts software is the original open, connected healthcare platform. It was one of the best solutions of its time, and as the healthcare industry changed, the company updated its programs accordingly. The same approach was given to their other platforms, so you can expect no less than best-in-class features when you purchase their products.
- Large team of devoted professionals. Allscripts comprises over 7,000 industry professionals who are devoted to building best-in-class healthcare IT architecture. They research and innovate so you can meet the operational and regulatory demands of your business.
- Connects healthcare communities. Even though you have your own medical practice, at the end of the day, all clinics and hospitals share the same goal: to provide quality healthcare. This is why Allscripts aims to build open, connected healthcare communities. They do this by opening up their network to help you engage with the broader healthcare community.
CampDoc is a company dedicated to helping camp doctors, nurses, and directors in the US and Canada. It is affiliated with the American Camp Association, the Christian Camp and Conference Association, and other institutions
The company offers CampDoc, a web-based health record system created specifically for health care providers in summer camps. It aims to ensure the health and safety of all campers enrolled in the facility through accurate record keeping.
Why Choose CampDoc?
- Serves a diverse clientele. While CampDoc focuses mainly on serving summer camps, the company also partners with a diverse clientele. From special needs camps to after-school program centers, they understand the different needs of your business.
- Continually refines its technology. CampDoc continually tries to refine and expand its products. This allows the company to ensure that it is giving customers the best camp health record systems available on the market. It also conducts systematic investigations and studies of camp health and safety to retain its competitive edge.
- Designed by camp doctors for camp doctors. The founders of CampDoc understand the difficulties of managing camp clinics, so they know exactly what you need to resolve these problems. With that said, you can rest assured that you are getting all the tools you need for camp healthcare when you invest in their product.
13. Centricity EMR
GE Healthcare is a multinational conglomerate headquartered in Chicago, IL. Established in 1994, it provides a wide variety of medical imaging solutions to practitioners worldwide. The company offers a slew of products such as applied intelligence, EP recording, diagnostic ECG, and more.
The company also has an EMR application called Centricity EMR. It is a scalable solution that boosts clinic or hospital operations through fast patient information processing, comprehensive workflow automation, e-prescribing, and collaboration tools.
Detailed Centricity EMR Review
Why Choose GE Healthcare?
- More than 100 years of experience. GE Healthcare has over 100 years of industry experience. Its track record in harnessing data across hardware, software, and biotech has allowed it to provide some of the most trusted medical imaging equipment and healthcare software globally.
- Dedicated to improving healthcare. GE Healthcare has become one of the leading innovators in medical imaging, diagnostics, patient monitoring, drug discovery, and other healthcare technologies. It is dedicated to finding new ways to upgrade the way practitioners diagnose, inform, and treat disease to ensure the well-being of millions of patients worldwide.
- Impressive areas of specialization. GE Healthcare comprises individuals who specialize in a wide variety of medical fields. Be it cardiology, electrophysiology, ambulatory surgery, neurology, or orthopedics; you can count on its experts to help in developing the tools you need for your practice.
14. NextGen Healthcare
NextGen Healthcare is a healthcare solutions provider offering technologies for ambulatory and specialty practices. Focused on value-based care, it creates comprehensive, integrated platforms to improve the way practitioners work.
Offering a wide variety of programs, the company is known for its EHR system, NextGen Healthcare, which is designed to ease the burden of administrative tasks. It is a suite of software solutions that help users improve clinic operations, increase patient engagement, and ensure regulatory compliance.
Detailed NextGen Healthcare Review
Why Choose NextGen Healthcare?
- Committed to customer satisfaction. NextGen Healthcare believes that happy physicians are the secret to healthy patients. They are committed to innovating new solutions to satisfy the needs of physicians, so they have more time and worry less about back-office duties and give more attention to their patients.
- Promotes Collaborative Healthcare. The road to recovery and better health is not a one-way street. To improve the state of the healthcare industry, the company strives to inspire collaborative clinical operations and boost patient engagement. It does this by designing solutions with patient-physician interaction in mind.
- Large Workforce Dedicated to Excellence. NextGen Healthcare has more than 3,500 employees around the globe. Having diverse experiences in healthcare, their staff members bring to the table varying ideas that make developing e-health software much more efficient.
PointClickCare is a healthcare technology developer with a mission to enrich the lives of seniors. Serving more than 15,000 senior care providers, the company creates future-proof software solutions, so your EHR investment can evolve with you.
The crowning glory of this company is its PointClickCare EHR, a robust practice suite that enables practitioners to build their business without having to compromise the quality of care they provide. Additionally, the platform has modules for various aspects of healthcare operations, including care delivery management and CRM tools.
Detailed PointClickCare Review
Why Choose PointClickCare?
- High customer retention rate. Senior care providers have a lot of faith in the products that PointClickCare offers, and it shows in their retention rate. Over the years, the company has maintained a 98% customer retention rate, even though it implements a monthly subscription business model.
- Unparalleled technical support. From onboarding to implementation, the staff at PointClickCare will provide you with the assistance you require to get the most out of its product. They provide 24/7 customer support and access to resources to make your software usage run smoothly.
- Affiliated with top associations. Ensuring quality can be difficult, so PointClickCare works hand in hand with reputable associations within the LTPAC industry. It is affiliated with agencies like the American Health Care Association, the Lincoln Health Care Group, and others.
16. Amazing Charts
Established in 2001 by a practicing family physician, Amazing Charts is a company offering affordable and straightforward electronic medical systems. While it was acquired by the Harris Healthcare group in 2017, their company values and the quality of its products remain the same.
One of these is a web-based application featuring pre-built templates, an easy drag-and-drop functionality, and an intuitive interface. It is designed to help practitioners with scheduling, reporting, charting, as well as e-prescribing.
Detailed Amazing Charts Review
Why Choose Amazing Charts?
- Integrated solutions for independent physicians. Amazing Charts is known for creating electronic health record platforms. It also provides practice management options, medical billing solutions, population health systems, and other technologies.
- Long-term technology protection. Modern healthcare constantly evolves. To help you keep up with its pace, they design their software solutions with future industry changes in mind.
- Continuous software support. Whether you are having difficulties implementing their software or are simply looking to get more from their technology, Amazing Charts will give you the resources you need. The vendor conducts webinars and live events to help you maximize your EHR investment.
Founded over 25 years ago, Praxis is a healthcare technology developer focusing mainly on artificial intelligence solutions. The company gathers together some of the best physicians, developers, trainers, and technicians in the business.
With a mission to make medical practice faster, they offer different types of platforms, including Praxis EMR. This program is a flexible medical records solution that allows practitioners to generate, customize, and share documents as they want, and when they want them.
Detailed Praxis EMR Review
Why Choose Praxis?
- Values the art of medicine. Praxis EMR believes that practitioners should be free from the restrictions of template-based applications. This is why it decided to veer away from creating cookie-cutter EHR systems that compromise the quality of your practice. Instead, it developed an artificial intelligence called concept processing that can learn from you and adjust according to your needs.
- Powerful products. The products of Praxis have industry-leading features that template-based systems do not have. With its powerful AI, integrated portals, and reporting solutions, you can optimize the way you work without spending too much time learning the platform.
18. InSync EMR
InSync Healthcare Solutions is a provider of MU-2 certified integrated EMR and practice management platforms based in Tampa, FL. Among its software solutions is InSync EMR, a versatile tool for solo practitioners and healthcare facilities.
Compliant with HL7 and HIPAA standards, this platform provides a customizable interface equipped with scheduling, reporting, charting, and e-prescribing capabilities.
Detailed InSync EMR Review
Why Choose InSync Healthcare Solutions?
- Creates specialized software. No two medical practices are alike. This is why InSync Healthcare offers specialized software solutions. Whether you are handling behavioral health, substance abuse, pediatrics, or internal medicine, they have options for you.
- Leverages multiple factors for your efficiency. The people at InSync Healthcare Solutions leverage various factors to help your business operations become more efficient. As such, they utilize advanced technology, forge solid partnerships, and study proven business processes to create some of the best software solutions in the industry.
- Provides buyer’s guides. InSync Healthcare Solutions want you to get the most value for your money. To help you in the selection process, they offer buyer’s guides that include some tips and tricks for choosing software for your business.
19. MDVision PM EMR
An award-winning IT services and software development company, MDVision promotes digital transformation for healthcare practitioners. It creates cutting-edge technology designed to meet your various operational goals seamlessly.
One of the products it offers is MDVision PM EMR, a cloud-based software solution designed to manage outpatient healthcare operations. It combines the robust capabilities of practice management systems and electronic medical record programs in one convenient interface.
Detailed MDVision PM EMR Review
Why Choose MDVision?
- Complete suite of advanced technology. MDVision provides IT infrastructure management, software development, and healthcare technology solutions. With its expertise, the company can create a complete suite of advanced technology for your overall business operations.
- Trusted technology partners. While MDVision is staffed with highly trained engineers, they don’t shy away from seeking help from other industry leaders. With partners like Cisco, Citrix, HIMSS, and Microsoft, they can create products that offer more benefits for the healthcare community.
- Aligns technology with best practices. The vendor understands the importance of traditional healthcare operations. This is why it does its best to align state-of-the-art technology with the industry’s best practices to ensure a scalable infrastructure.
20. Nextech EMR
Nextech is a software provider passionate about creating intelligent, intuitive, and integrated solutions for different types of specializations. Established in 1997, it aims to help physicians optimize accuracy and increase overall practice profitability through quality EHR programs.
An example of this is Nextech EMR, an end-to-end application designed for specialized medical practices. Offering patient flow management, outpatient handling, lab order processing, e-prescribing, and device integration. It also has a shared clinical knowledge library.
Detailed Nextech EMR Review
Why Choose Nextech EMR?
- Goes beyond providing software. The staff at Nextech does not stop helping you after you have installed their product. They offer hands-on training, provide insightful advice, and facilitate avenues to help you fine-tune your EMR experience further.
- Products that evolve with you. As your company grows, its needs change. This is why Nextech continually finds ways to make their products evolve with you. By doing so, you are assured of future-proof products that optimize your operations.
- Serves thousands of practitioners. Other than offering quality programs, Nextech also has a flexible, hands-on approach to customer service that their clients swear by. In fact, the company is trusted by over 7,000 physicians and 50,000 clinic staff members.
AthenaHealth is an American company offering point-of-care applications and software solutions that drive clinical and financial results. Since its inception in 1997, the company has since provided help to more than 100,000 providers and millions of patients nationwide.
Its EHR system, AthenaHealth, is an integrated one with several modules. Aside from the core EMR module, other functionalities include practice management, communications, information sharing, data analytics, and operations management.
Detailed AthenaHealth Review
Why Choose AthenaHealth?
- Offers practice vitals. Monitoring progress is important in any business. With AthenaHealth, you not only get insight into how your operations are doing, but you may also explore performance averages of the organizations within your network.
- Enriches communities nationwide. AthenaHealth has a corporate responsibility program designed to bring quality healthcare closer to underserved, uninsured, and at-risk populations nationwide. Through this initiative, they support local nonprofits and encourage volunteerism across communities.
- Focuses on connections. AthenaHealth puts a great emphasis on how the connection within your business can motivate positive change in your patients’ behavior. So they design products that often have advanced communication features that allow users to collaborate. This way, you can sync your operations better.
AdvancedMD is a healthcare technology company supporting independent physicians using a full suite of software solutions. Providing PM, telemedicine, patient relationship management, and physician performance benchmarking solutions, this company is also known for its billing services and EMR options.
One of its most popular e-health platforms is the AdvancedMD EHR, an electronic medical record program that assists in electronic faxing, clinical charting, immunization reporting, and document exchange.
Detailed AdvancedMD Review
Why Choose AdvancedMD?
- Fully compliant software solutions. As a professional, you work according to industry regulations, so you deserve to have a software that does the same. This is why AdvancedMD offers an EHR system compliant with the standards and regulations of MACRA, MIPS, HIPAA, and ONC-ATCB for your peace of mind.
- Expansive customer database. AdvancedMD is trusted by more than 22,500 practitioners across 8,000 practices and 600 medical billing companies. With this said, you can be confident that they have the experience to help you with your EMR/EHR needs.
- Great user community. AdvancedMD encourages interaction among its clients. This way, users can collaborate with other physicians, learn new product features based on the experience of fellow users, and innovate together.
23. Clinicient INSIGHT
Clinicient is a software development company founded by a therapist, a biomedical engineer, and a number of technology veterans. They strive to help practitioners foster great patient-doctor relationships using efficient clinical tools that enhance their practice.
One of these is Clinicient INSIGHT, a unified cloud-hosted EMR system built for rehabilitation therapy facilities. It offers comprehensive features to help practitioners synchronize clinical and financial data without fuss. Moreover, it streamlines back-office processes so that you can devote more time to your patients.
Detailed Clinicient INSIGHT Review
Why choose Clinicient INSIGHT?
- Defined core values. Clinicient prides itself on its positive company culture. It operates with a clear-cut vision of putting the people first through trust, innovation, excellence, and teamwork.
- Experienced team of specialists. Clinicient’s success team is comprised of world-class clinical and practice management specialists. Their collective experience in the industry is what helped them create top-of-the-line software solutions that continuously improve the lives of practitioners.
- Dedicated to simplifying healthcare. Clinicient purposely created its software solution to be the one true single system for therapy EMR. The platform brings all the billing and EMR tools you need in one place.
Bizmatics, Inc. is a privately owned company serving the EMR and EHR markets for more than 15 years. Operating from Silicon Valley, it has several hundred employees creating different kinds of cloud-based and on-premise systems to meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
An example of their products is PrognoCIS, a specialty-specific EMR solution and practice management application. Offering basic EMR tools, e-prescriptions, medication management, and revenue cycle management, the system can also confirm insurance benefit eligibility with ease.
Detailed PrognoCIS Review
Why Choose Bizmatics, Inc.?
- Amazing partner programs. Bizmatics, Inc. has partner programs that are designed to empower, distinguish, and reward its resellers and clients. With this initiative, partners can earn recurring revenue and benefit from various co-marketing opportunities.
- Team of lifelong learners. The Bizmatics, Inc. team is made up of professionals who are committed to lifelong learning. This ability to take initiative in keeping up with current technology trends and innovating to continually meet the needs of practitioners is one of the reasons why they are successful.
- Various modes of technical support. The company makes it a point to provide you with multiple modes of technical support. From user guides and FAQs to tutorial videos and 24/7 phone support, it has you covered.
MicroMD is a company founded by Henry Schein. Having started as part of the pharmaceutical industry in 1932, the company slowly became one of the largest providers of healthcare products and services.
It offers MicroMD EMR, a HIPAA-certified system with practice management and billing modules. Designed to reduce paper trails and enhance customer service, this platform not only helps you manage patients more conveniently, but it also eliminates the risk of human error and simplifies back-office tasks.
Why Choose MicroMD?
- Diverse clientele in the medical community. MicroMD serves medical practitioners with different specializations. It provides products and services for dental experts, animal health professionals, and medical specialists in over 32 countries.
- Has great regard for company history. Having been around for over eight decades, MicroMD has a lot of practical experience to pull from whenever it needs to innovate. It holds fast to its historical values as it moves forward to building the future of healthcare.
- Well-known strategic partners. Two heads are always better than one when it comes to innovation. In the case of MicroMD, it works with several strategic partners to innovate in the world of healthcare technology. Some of its notable partners are DemandForce, Alveo, Quest Diagnostics, and MedicScan.
AllegianceMD is a cloud software company offering user-centered healthcare technology solutions. Determined to help you stay in control of your practice while boosting productivity, this company thoroughly understands the needs of your operations and finds ways to assist you.
Its product offering, AllegianceMD, is an affordable EMR, PM, and medical building software that can perform a number of tasks so you can ensure 100% uptime of your processes. With artificial intelligence serving as the core of the platform, you can expect fast and smart features that will be able to keep up with you as you work.
Detailed AllegianceMD Review
Why Choose AllegianceMD?
- Extensive industry experience. AllegianceMD has been operating for over 20 years. With its extensive industry experience, it offers sophisticated technological concepts on EHR, practice management, patient engagement, and merit-based payment.
- One-on-one customer support. The people at AllegianceMD take customer service up a notch by providing you with one-on-one support every time you need help. Whether you need implementation assistance, software training, data migration help, or simply wish to ask a question from their experts, they will accommodate you. They have a high ratio of support personnel, so you can be sure that you won’t have to endure long wait times.
- Fully integrated EHR suites. Meaningful use certified and MACRA ready, AllegianceMD’s software is a fully integrated suite designed to help you handle different aspects of your practice. It was built by expert engineers with physician input, so you can be assured that it is both useful and usable for your operations.
ABELMed Inc. is a self-financed corporation serving physicians since 1977. A Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, this company has been providing top-of-the-line healthcare technologies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
The vendor offers a portable EMR and practice management software called ABELMed that can be used by medical practices of all sizes. Featuring prescription modules, patient management tools, patient kiosk integrations, and work queue options, it can also handle billing and scheduling tasks.
Why Choose ABELMed?
- Long-term track record. In an industry as fickle as software development, it is difficult to find providers who can give up-to-the-minute solutions. Luckily, ABELMed has a long track record of developing and providing top-of-the-line software solutions.
- Cultivates its employees. ABELMed Inc. understands how important the loyalty of its employees is. This is why, apart from choosing the most talented and motivated experts in the industry, it makes it a point to provide them with opportunities for growth. In turn, the employees are equipped to make better outputs for you.
- Values customer input. The developers behind ABELMed Inc. value the insights of the people they cater to. So, to improve their software development operations, they conduct market analysis and get suggestions straight from their clients.
28. ReLi Med Solutions
ReLi Med Solutions is a healthcare software provider focusing on solutions that promote evidence-based medicine. With a mission to make charting easier and enhance the level of care for the patients of their clients, they create state-of-the-art healthcare solutions at affordable rates.
Among the products they offer is a fully integrated Reli Med EHR system that is client-centric and highly configurable. It even has an intuitive electronic lab interface that can handle referral tracking, e-prescriptions, immunization management, and more.
Detailed Reli Med EHR Review
Why Choose ReLi Med Solutions?
- Offers simple software options. No doubt, ReLi Med Solutions provides powerful EMR and PM products. However, it keeps it flexible and simple for users, making it ideal for practitioners who are not all too familiar with using a platform.
- Supported by industry leaders. ReLi Med Solutions ensures that it provides best-in-class products by partnering with industry leaders. Each of its partner companies offers unique features that aid in boosting your user experience. Some of the firms that gave it a hand in developing its EMR systems are Lenovo, Microsoft, Quest Diagnostics, and TriZetto.
- Unparalleled customer service. If you are experiencing issues with the ReLi Med EMR system, worry not. This company offers unparalleled customer service through its professional support team. Count on them to listen attentively to all of your concerns and provide you with fast solutions each time you call them. Sometimes, they even adjust and develop features according to the requests of their clients.
29. iClinic Systems
iClinic Systems Inc. is a software vendor specializing in the design and development of eHealth solutions. Serving private clinics and hospitals alike, this company offers innovative and practical software options that reduce the burden of administrative tasks.
The iClinic platform is equipped with real-time notifications, intelligent task management filters, convenient performance reviews, smart clinical reporting, and powerful scheduling tools.
Why Choose iClinic Systems Inc.?
- Solutions based on industry standards. While iClinic Systems Inc.aims to help you optimize your workflow, it does not intend to change how your practice operates. Instead, it creates software solutions based on standardized treatment guidelines, making the platform easy to implement.
- Designed by specialists for specialists. The iClinic MD modules are created by specialists for specialists. They understand the inner workings of the healthcare industry, and they used that knowledge to build a tightly integrated platform that targets your needs with precision.
- No-fuss eHealth systems. iClinic Systems Inc. has several specialized eHealth platforms to offer. While they all cater to specific practices, they share one trait: they are all simplified for your convenience.
OpenEMR Project Wiki is an organization offering free and open-source e-health platforms for practitioners internationally. It developed the OpenEMR platform, which is one of the most popular free EMRs garnering over 7,000 downloads per month.
Available for cloud-based and on-premise deployment, the program is a feature-rich solution with tools for scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, reporting, lab integration, and more.
Why Choose OpenEMR?
- Fully certified software solution. If you are looking for a software that complies with industry standards, OpenEMR is a great choice for you. Moreover, the platform is ONC Certified, Meaningful Use 2 certified, OSI certified, and HIPAA certified.
- Used by reputable organizations. OpenEMR is a popular option among many small and medium-sized companies worldwide because of its affordability. However, it is also preferred by a handful of large organizations such as IPPF, the Peace Corps, and the Siaya District Hospital for its flexibility.
- Vibrant user community. Got questions about OpenEMR’s programs? Other than getting in touch with their tech experts, the company also lets you seek help from other users through their online community.
Reinforce Your Practice With An EMR System
Medical school may have honed your multitasking skills, but there’s only so much you can do when you have your own clinic to run and patients to take care of. On top of that, meeting the demands of modern healthcare through traditional means is no longer feasible. Hence, it is important now more than ever for you to implement an EMR system for your operations.
Hopefully, with our list of top 30 EMR software companies for electronic medical records optimization, you were able to narrow down your options. And, in case you’re not aware, you can also integrate it with medical practice management software for better operational results.
Are you looking for an e-health solution that does not solely focus on EMR? Maybe you should opt for an EHR instead. Here’s our list of top EHR software vendors to start your search.