How Much Does Freshdesk Cost? Should You Get a Free Trial?
Freshdesk No. 1 Alternative
| OUR |
Freshdesk is a very popular and effective help desk solution chosen by many international companies and small businesses. It offers a flexible pricing plan with a wide range of features to choose from depending on your individual needs. In this article we’ll discuss all pricing details of Freshdesk and we’ll compare it to pricing plans of five other popular help desk solutions available on the market to give you a perspective and answer to the question how much does Freshdesk cost.
After reviewing all major help desk solutions our team of B2B experts found Freshdesk to be the best product currently available on the market. In our final evaluation Freshdesk got an outstanding total score of 9.8/10 as our experts were impressed with its functionalities, collaboration features, customization and available integrations. Freshdesk is currently our no.1 software on our best help desk solutions ranking. The app’s score is also supported by a very high customer satisfaction rating of 98% which shows how well-received the software is by its actual users.
Freshdesk has also won our Best Help Desk Software Award for 2015 as well as Expert’s Choice Award for 2015 which further solidifies its positions as a leader in its category. Freshdesk offers a very flexible pricing plan and also has a free version available to small teams of up to 3 agents. You can try out their key features with a great free trail plan as well to check if the app will meet the requirements of your company. You can easily sign up for Freshdesk free trial here.
How Much Does Freshdesk Cost?
Freshdesk offers 5 pricing plans and a great free trial that allows you to test all key features of the software before you decide if its the right fit for your company. You can also consult Freshdesk pricing info here.
Sprout: free for up to 3 agents
- Email support: You can provide speedy responses through email to promptly resolve customer issues.
- Phone support: Freshdesk’s integrated phone channel lets you quickly set up a call center that is closely integrated with the rest of your support channels. There is no need for any hardware installation. You can buy a local or a toll free number, plug in your headphones and start taking calls right away.
- Knowledge base: Features include email to knowledge base, ability to edit meta title, description, and keywords, and suggested solutions.
Blossom: $16 per agent
- Social support: Provide customer support through Social channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Community forums: Encourage your customers to use these forums to interact with one another and exchange information and updates.
- Game mechanics: Inspire your agents with game-inspired mechanics that keep track of their performances.
Garden: $25 per agent
- Live chat: Use live chat to engage customers who visit your website and to resolve customer issues.
- Multiple products: Set up a top rate support system across your products; one solution for different brands.
- Multiple time zones: With Freshdesk your agents can provide support to customers on their local time, and even account for service levels and business hours based on the customer’s time zone. That way, you don’t end up disturbing customers half way across the globe in the middle of the night.
Estate: $40 per agent
- Enterprise reports: The At-a-Glance Reports in Freshdesk let you track your entire helpdesk, or just a customer, agent or group of agents.
- Portal customization: Customize your customer portal to enable customers to easily register, browse your knowledge base, interact on your forums, and raise and track tickets.
- Custom agent roles: Freshdesk lets you create specialized roles for each agent in your team, and decide who gets to see and do what.
Forest: $70 per agent
- IP whitelisting
- Custom email servers
- The above two security features are offered only with Freshdesk’s most expensive Forest plan.
If you’re unsure which package will work best for your company we recommend that you try a free trial first to test all the key features and find out which ones are actually useful for your help desk team. You can easily get Freshdesk free trial here. If you’d like to get more information about Freshdesk features, pricing and available integrations you can read our Freshdesk reviews.
1. HappyFox Pricing
One of potential alternatives for Freshdesk is a help desk software called HappyFox. After a thorough review our experts gave HappyFox a score of 9.0/10. While being a definitely solid software deserving its place on our top 10 list HappyFox is not as great as Freshdesk and the pricing plans offered are slightly more expensive.
HappyFox offers four price plans:
- Popular: $19 per staff/month
- Mighty: $29 per staff/month
- Fantastic: $49 per staff/month
- Enterprise: $69 per staff/month
You can also save up to 25% on annual payment.
All plans come with:
- iOS and Android apps
- Knowledge base
- Multilingual support
- Rich text formatting in tickets
- Smart business rules
- SSL security
- Unlimited tickets
If you’d like to get more information about features, customer support and available integrations for the app you can read our detailedomplete review of HappyFox.
2. Samanage Service Desk Pricing
Another alternative to Freshdesk is Samanage Service Desk. In our review our B2B team gave this software a total score of 9.0/10. Its pricing is far mor expensive compared to Freshdesk plans. Samanage Service Desk is a cloud hosted help desk and asset management product offered on monthly subscription. You can choose between Asset Management or Service Management, or a combination of both. Pricing starts at $250/month.
You can get more information about this software and its features and pricing from our detailed review of Samanage Service Desk.
3. Work[etc] Pricing
You may also consider Wrok[etc] as your alternative. Our experts have given Work[etc] a good score of 9.0/10 and it has a user satisfaction rating of 93%. One of the drawbacks of Work[etc] is the fact that its primarily a CRM software, although with strong help desk features implemented. However, if you need only a help desk solution than this alternatives becomes a bit too expensive to invest in. Here are the pricing plans offered for Work[etc]
- 2 user max
- 2,000 Contacts
- 3 GB storage
- 3 users included
- Each extra user + $49/mon
- 10,000 Contacts
- 15 GB storage
- Social media, email marketing, customer portal, accounting integrations and reporting
- 3 users included
- Each extra user + $59/mo
- 20,000 Contacts
- 50 GB storage
- Everything from Team Plan with contractor portal and deep reporting
You can find more information about features, integrations and customer support in our detailed review of Work[etc].
4. Zendesk Pricing
Another competitor of Freshdesk is an app called Zendesk. In our help desk software study our experts gave Zendesk a very good score of 9.7/10 and the app currently has a user satisfaction rating of 96%. This makes it the second best rated help desk software in our ranking. However, while offering comparable pricing plans Zendesk does not have a free plan for small teams like Freshdesk which may be a deal braker for smaller companies.
Zendesk is a cloud hosted help desk solution available in five subscription plans:
Starter: $2 per agent per monthper agent
- Ticketing portal with 3 agents
Regular: $29 per agent per month
- Customer satisfaction ratings
- Domain mapping
Plus: $59 per agent per month
- Internal knowledge base
- Time tracking
Enterprise: $139 per agent per month
- Launch guidance
- Free light agents
- Ticket forms
- Custom roles
Enterprise Elite $195 per agent per month
Our experts have given Desk.com a score of 9.6/10 which puts it on the no. 3 spot in our ranking of best help desk solutions. Desk.com offers three plans plus a free trial of the Standard Plan. You can upgrade/downgrade at any time, but your prepaid plan cannot be credited or refunded in case of a downgrade. You can pay monthly or annually. Visa, Amex, and MasterCard are accepted.
All the features of the Standard Plan for 14 days. After the trial, select a plan and you will be billed accordingly.
Start Plan: $3 per mont
Up to 3 users with basic functions for multi-channel support, case management, reporting, self-help, integration, and security to get your customer service started.
Standard Plan: $35 per user/month
Ideal for an SME with growing business. Supports unlimited email inbox, Twitter, and Facebook accounts. Fully featured case management including custom fields, case routing, and agent achievements. Support includes knowledge base plus customer support center in English only. Full customization and integration functions.
Plus Plan: $65 per user/month
Includes Standard Plan features plus: unlimited data access in reporting; self-help available in 50+ languages and for multiple brands; annual invoicing; beta program access; and sandbox option for testing configuration changes.
Enterprise Plan: as the vendor for a quote
For larger organizations Desk.com can be customized to fit their needs.
You can get a more thorough analysis of Desk.com and its features and capabilites from our detailed review of Desk.com.
Category: B2B News
With a score of 9.8/10 and a user satisfaction rating of 98% Freshdesk is definitely the best help desk solution available on the market today. It’s also inexpensive as it offers flexible pricing plans that can be adjusted to specific needs of your company. One of the highlights is also the completely free plan for small teams of up to 3 agents that allows small companies to use Freshedsk at no cost. You can also easily try out Freshdesk on your own with a great free trial plan and test all its key features for 30 day. You can sing up for Freshdesk free trial here.