Review of the Most Useful Features & Tools In Popular Zoho Products
Zoho users sticking to the brand across their business processes may be a good strategy to keep cross-departmental workflows closely integrated using a single Zoho infrastructure. If you think this idea has merit and, in fact, you’re already using a Zoho app, it pays to know other popular Zoho products. We reviewed here your next possible Zoho apps for different business processes, including email marketing, cloud meetings, and document management. But first, a briefer on the company and its milestones.
About Zoho Corporation
Zoho Corporation is one prolific software developer for various business processes and productivity solutions. The Zoho name is now an institutional brand that refers, not just to one product, but a suite of over 35 business apps used by companies of any size.
Formerly called AdventNet Inc. with focus on network management and based in Chennai, India, Zoho Corporation has grown into a suite of cloud business and productivity apps with global offices staffed by nearly 3,500 employees. The company has over 25 million users, with offices in the United States, India, China, Singapore, Japan, and the Philippines.
The company prides itself for staying private and not beholden to external investors; thus, it says it preserves its commitment to creating “beautiful” software motivated by the excitement of a startup. They have a strong focus on R&D, which enables it to continuously upgrade its apps and launch new ones. There’s even a Zoho University that trains high school students in programming, and has since been supplying 15% of the company’s engineering talents.
- 1996 – AdventNet Inc. founded
- October 2005 – Zoho Writer launched, its first cloud business app
- November 2005 – Zoho CRM launched, its best-selling product to this day
- 2006 – Zoho Projects launched
- 2007 – Zoho Meeting launched
- 2008 – 1 million users of Zoho apps
- 2009 – AdventNet changed to Zoho Corporation
- 2010-2015 – more Zoho products, including Zoho Support, Campaigns, and Connect
- 2016 – 20 million users of Zoho apps
- 2017 – 25 million users of Zoho apps; Zoho Checkout launched, its latest app
Review of 12 Most Popular Zoho Apps
1. Zoho CRM
It encompasses the whole customer relationship lifecycle from lead generation to service and back. Zoho CRM is scalable for small business to large enterprise that requires cross-departmental CRM, including for sales, marketing, service and tech support.
Key Zoho CRM features:
- Sales automation to track leads and fast track deals including upsells and cross-sells
- Marketing automation to organize lead generation campaigns and measure outcomes
- Cases and Solutions to streamline support processes between sales and help desk
- Inventory management to monitor goods and services before and after sales
For more details including Zoho pros and cons, read our detailed Zoho CRM review.
2. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is a comprehensive project and collaboration solution featuring modules to manage calendars, documents, tasks, and meetings. Scalable for both small and big projects, the app is further extensible with add-on functions, such as, time tracking, wiki, chat, and bug tracking.
Key Zoho Projects features:
- Task management, task dependency, project milestones, Gantt charts
- Documents, spreadsheets, presentations, export/import different file types
- Scheduler for meetings, events, appointments
- Interactive boards, intranet collaboration platform
Check our Zoho Projects review to find out if the app is a good fit to your needs.
3. Zoho Invoice
A web-based invoicing software, this app is ideal for freelance and small business that wants to project a more professional image to clients. Zoho Invoice allows them to create invoices with their own branding or use templates for easy invoicing. Businesses with international clients or that bill by the hour will also find the app useful.
Key Zoho Invoice features:
- Multilingual for up to ten languages
- Connect to payment gateway or accept credit cards
- Time tracking for by-the-hour billing
- Role-based access that lets staff log their work time
- Self-service portal that let customers view transactions, quotes, statements of account
- Real-time reports for invoice status and receivables
Our Zoho Invoice review provides more information to help you assess if this app suits your company needs.
4. Zoho Recruit
It’s a cloud recruitment app that helps to fast track new talent processing from sourcing to hiring. The main convenience is Zoho Recruit places communication, collaboration, and documentation tools in one hiring platform. This greatly streamlines the entire recruitment process from publishing job items to managing resumes and to shortlisting qualified applicants and onboarding recruits.
Key Zoho Recruit features:
- Activity stream
- Multiple boards for job posts
- Track applicants
- Document and Reporting
- Email including via Outlook
- Integration with Google Apps
- Social media integration
- Role-based security management
To find out more about this app including integration with other apps read our comprehensive Zoho Recruit review.
5. Zoho Support
This is a suite of help desk tools scalable to fit any company size. Zoho Support also features customizable tools across three price points. You can manage tickets via voice, email, social networks, and online community. Likewise, the cloud software is accessible via PC or Android or iOS through native mobile app. The software can integrate with Zoho CRM, Zoho Bug Report, and other Zoho apps.
Key Zoho Support features:
- Automation options
- Ticket management via multiple channels
- Canned and customizable reporting
- Mobile app
If you want to know more about the software check our detailed Zoho Support review.
6. Zoho Books
The cloud accounting app helps you, among others: to get paid faster; automate banking; track inventory; and create powerful reporting. It is part of a suite of Zoho apps mainly used to manage your cash flow and facilitate customer billing. Zoho Books can work with payment gateways and Google Apps for extended functionality. Likewise, capable to handle eleven currencies and languages, the app allows you to add organizations or branches abroad. A client portal with user control also lets clients access estimates and invoices.
Key Zoho Books features:
- Central dashboard showing all features
- Automatic billing including scanning, processing, approving
- Manage multiple projects or branches
- Multi-lingual, multi-currency
- Accrual/cash accounting
Read our Zoho Books review for more details about this software.
7. Zoho Creator
Zoho Creator helps users to develop app workflows using a clear, step-by-step guide that assimilates critical business data into the system. The app is specifically designed to optimize the customizable features of other Zoho products, including Zoho CRM, Zoho Reports, and Zoho Books. It also integrates with other popular business solutions like QuickBooks, PayPal, Google Apps, and Salesforce.
Zoho Creator presents a neat UI that allows you to organize elements into meaningful processes. Likewise, it uses drag-and-drop functions to execute the process easily. This app works best for database-driven workflows, making it a critical add-on to sales, marketing, support, and product development, among others.
Key Zoho Creator features:
- Mobile apps with integrated bar code scan
- Collaboration tools with selective options
- Role-based access control
- Scheduler for notifications, reports, invitations
- Track changes, revisions, uses
- Access across devices, OS
- Highly customizable
Know more about this software and its benefits to your company; read our detailed Zoho Creator review here.
8. Zoho Reports
Zoho Reports helps businesses of any size to harness business intelligence and transform it into in-depth reports for insights. The app collates your myriad data sources, then organizes them into meaningful patterns or logical structure that helps you derive intelligence. It is useful for tactical and strategic decisions at departmental and executive levels.
Zoho Reports can process a wide array of data sources, platforms, databases, and applications, including cloud storages and sources, relational databases, URL feeds, and various file types. Likewise, the app works smoothly with other popular business apps, such as: Salesforce CRM; Google Analytics; and ManageEngine ServiceDesk. An API further extends the capability of this software.
Key Zoho Reports features:
- Compatibility with various spreadsheets, documents, databases
- Embed tools for websites, intranets, apps
- Drag-and-drop reporting tools
- Sharing functions
- Access anywhere
- White label option
- SQL query, API
Check our Zoho Reports review to find out if this software fits your needs.
9. Zoho People
A web-based centralized HR management app, Zoho People provides a self-service portal for employees to manage their time, schedules, and communication with colleagues and managers. It is designed to spur collaboration between staff and managers, which is hoped to improve overall business performance and productivity.
Zoho People uses automation and real-time updates to ensure efficiency and data integrity, respectively. Access is also convenient via web browser or mobile app. Admin can use multi-layer approval controls. Among others, employees use Zoho People to log number of hours provided for specific tasks, check and apply for leaves, and update their profiles. A backup and disaster recovery infrastructure is in place to protect data.
Key Zoho People features:
- Customizable forms
- Collaboration tools
- Multiple-tier approval process
- Access anywhere via web browser or mobile app
- Self-service portal for managers and employees
More information about this app is available in our detailed Zoho People review.
10. Zoho Meeting
It’s a web conferencing app with multi-platform and multi-browser support. Zoho Meeting helps you to hold meetings with people in different places at different time zones. It’s ideal for companies with international teams or offshore units. It also useful to communicate with remote foreign suppliers with internet connectivity.
It features unlimited web meetings and collaboration and communication tools. Screen-sharing and video functions also lend to cloud meetings a face-to-face feel. Likewise Zoho Meetings has advanced encryption protocols to safeguard confidential data exchanges during meetings.
Key Zoho Meeting features:
- Cross-browser, OS support
- Collaboration and sharing tools
- Administrative controls
- Advanced security features
- Wide range of third-party integrations
For more details on this software’s capabilities read our Zoho Meeting review.
11. Zoho Docs
Zoho Docs is a cloud suite of file management tools. It is great for collaboration, sharing, and organizing documents across various teams whether they are here or abroad. The centralized document hosting makes it easier to manage files and guarantees their integrity by avoiding duplicates. Zoho Meetings also integrates communication tools to help team members share inputs and collaborate on outputs. They can create and edit documents, while changes are tracked in real time to keep everything and everyone in sync. The Android and iOS apps also ensure great user accessibility across devices. Likewise, Zoho Meetings smoothly integrates with other popular document and storage apps like Google Docs and Dropbox.
Key Zoho Docs features:
- File synchronization across platforms
- Document sharing, management
- Real-time cloud editing
- User controls
- Integration with widely used productivity apps
Read our detailed Zoho Docs review for more information about this software.
12. Zoho Campaigns
Zoho Campaigns is a fully scalable email marketing solution that lets you send canned or customized messages to contact list of any size. It is accessible via cloud and across devices where there’s internet connection. Email campaigns are greatly fast-tracked with process automation or customization. This is especially useful for recurring campaigns, such as, multi-tiered whitepaper subscription and free trial funneling. The result, you have more time to develop campaign ideas than waste time running their administrative implementation. The app integrates with Google Apps and has an API for third-party customization.
Key Zoho Campaigns features:
- Tracking, reporting
- Native integration with Zoho CRM, Google Apps
- List management
- Canned or customized templates
- Social media integration
- Process automation
Read our comprehensive Zoho Campaigns review to know more how this app can benefit your email marketing strategy.Category: B2B News