Gusto: No. 1 In Payroll Software
Our score: 9.4
User satisfaction: 99%
What is the best payroll software for payroll service providers and accountants?
The best payroll software for payroll service providers and accountants is QuickBooks Pro. The vendor provides both a full-service payroll plan and a robust system that can be deployed either on-premise or cloud. The payroll management features are fully integrated into one of the most-renowned accounting systems, thereby, providing you with a streamlined and efficient finance-HR process.
Payroll software is a system that automates and streamlines the process of paying a company’s employees. It may sound straightforward, but the payroll process includes a lot of tasks such as calculating deductions and withholdings, producing pay slips and tax forms (and other reports), processing or depositing payment directly to employee’s bank account, voiding payments if need be, and even printing checks. Payroll software simplifies and automates the aforementioned tasks to shorten cycle times and reduce manual errors.
Some companies prefer to outsource the payroll process to third-party providers while others with dedicated HR or accounting departments do it in-house. Payroll software can be installed on-premise, or availed of for oneself as a SaaS or cloud-hosted payroll management system. They are often included as modules or part of the features of an integrated accounting solution, HR software suite, or an enterprise resource planning (ERP) package. Among the main benefits of using payroll management software are secure financial transactions, efficient handling of employee data, and getting detailed reports on staff payroll.
Why should you use payroll software? Numbers tell the tale. A 2018 NSBA survey found that one-in-three small businesses spend at least 40 hours each year on federal taxes. That’s equivalent to more than a week of preparing tax reports; imagine the administrative cost of doing that. Another important statistic comes as a warning to all – one in three businesses is punished by the IRS for payroll errors. In case you get caught off-guard, knowing the penalties for such offenses can be of great help. If these unwanted scenarios do not prompt you to immediately get a payroll software, then you may face the prospect of becoming part of those statistics.
It would do well to remember this piece of advice from business services expert Rhonda Abrams:
“One of my rules is if you have one employee, get a payroll service. The penalties for screwing up are so much more expensive than the cost for payroll.”
The good thing is that acquiring payroll software does not need deep pockets these days especially with SaaS and cloud options; some are even offered for free with basic features. In this article, we’ll go over the 20 best payroll software for payroll service providers and accountants that we have here at FinancesOnline. You’ll get an overview of the offerings, features and benefits of the leading payroll products available out there. This way you can determine the best ones that come close to, if not perfectly match, your requirements and make it easy for you to decide on your final pick. Keep in mind that a payroll solution is a crucial part of your business, more so if you are a startup or a small growing organization. Our 20 best payroll software for payroll service providers and accountants aim to point you in the right direction.
The summary reviews of each of the solutions in this article on 20 best payroll software for payroll service providers and accountants have links to our FinancesOnline review write-ups if you want to get more details. It is important that you get to know not only the price but also understand vital features and functions. As always, try before you buy so you’ll know what you’ll be paying for. We suggest that you check out their free trials and demos first before committing. In no particular order, here is our 20 best payroll software for payroll service providers and accountants.
Gusto is a powerful platform that combines payroll, benefits administration, HR and compliance functionalities in a single, simplified package. It is designed for small businesses looking to stay on top of their workforce’s core HR needs. The app is used by more than 40,000 companies in the U.S. taking advantage of its solid set of payroll features, well-designed user interface, and automation functionalities capabilities. You can investigate the features closely when you sign up for Gusto free trial here.
Try out Gusto with their free trial
It streamlines and automates the calculation, payment, and submission of a company’s local, state and federal payroll taxes, ensuring that businesses can pay through direct deposit or check, and comply with year-end forms and taxation to avoid critical errors.
What is unique about Gusto?
- No tie-in agreement. You don’t need to sign a long-term contract and are free to suspend your account at any time. A one month free trial is offered which starts after you run your first payroll.
- It makes payroll management error-proof. Gusto eliminates critical human errors since you won’t have to enter data in several different apps and websites, and just let the system calculate deductions.
- It is fully compliant with standards. All Gusto operations are designed to meet HIPAA, ACA, and ERISA standard, meaning that the system can check data automatically, prepare compliance reviews of your benefits, send automated notices, and guarantee employee privacy.
- It simplifies benefits administration. Gusto can streamline and handle employment tax reporting, payments, workers’ comp insurance, new hire reports and detailed budget plans. It also allows you to easily set up and manage 401(k) plans for employee’s retirement needs.
- Easy access to information. The app can quickly pull out important information, including employee contact data, I-9s, W-2s, time off balances, and much more, and you need only to log into the system using your credentials.
2. QuickBooks Pro
QuickBooks Pro is the best payroll software for payroll service providers and accountants for it has an easy-to-use interface that allows for unlimited payment schedules and 24-hour direct deposits. It’s an easy number one choice for it has all the advanced tools that make it easy for payroll service providers and accountants to attend to numerous client needs and requests.
QuickBooks Pro has top of the line automation-ready tools that can track inventory, manage more than a thousand contractors, customize user permission, track income and expenses, maximize tax deductions, create invoice and accept payments. All its tools are one-click solutions that require no advanced technical skills from its users. Hence, payroll service providers and accountant can easily delegate tasks and still secure accurate and updated data.
To check out its tools and features, you can sign up for a QuickBooks Pro free trial here.
QuickBooks Pro outshines all current software for payroll service providers and accountants with its monitoring tools. Its monitoring tools can handle multiple projects with easy to understand and clear periodical reports. All users can instantly see profitability data transposed with payroll costs.
Payroll software providers and accountants have the option to choose between a Self Service or Full Service payroll plan. QuickBooks Pro is cost-efficient as pricing is scalable and based on the number of employees enrolled for payroll.
What is unique about QuickBooks Pro?
- Clean User Interface. QuickBooks Pro is a popular payroll software among service providers for its user-friendly interface that does not intimidate non-technical users. Users can take full advantage of its cost-efficient Self Service Payroll Plan for all tools can be managed and operated by users with no advanced accounting and bookkeeping skills.
- Instant Payment. QuickBooks Pro provides a feature that allows for funds to be transferred within 24 hours. This advanced tool effectively prevents delay in payroll.
- Project Profitability Tracker. Users can utilize QuickBook Pro’s patented Project Profitability Tracker to maximize profit and minimize expenses through real-time monitoring and analytics.
- Inventory Tracker. QuickBooks Pro offers an inventory tracker for accountants that handle expanded bookkeeping tools for retail shops, restaurants, cafes, and merchandisers.
- Tax compliance. A dedicated group of tax experts provides updated tax compliance tools for maximum utilization of deductions. Forms for W2s are also accessible and print-ready.
Easy-to-use yet total payroll solution OnPay offers small and medium-size businesses highly-scalable applications. This cloud-based software is capable of streamlining payroll processes while automating tax filing and payment. It seamlessly enters payroll data like hours, reimbursements, tips, and bonuses. Responsibilities other than payroll can likewise be managed using the system, including benefits and compensation insurance for staff who work on a pay-as-you-go basis.
The vendor offers a great free trial that lets you try out all the key features first. You can easily sign up for OnPay free trial here.
The platform is so robust that it can handle unlimited payroll runs for W-2 workers and 1099 for contract staff on a monthly basis. Employees can be paid either through check or direct deposit, whichever is preferable to the user. However, one has to apply for the feature and pass a risk assessment test before being able to use the functionality. With all these features, OnPay is indeed one of the most cost-effective software of its kind today.
What is Unique About OnPay?
- Employee self-service. OnPay allows workers to enter their own personal information, edit them and retrieve their paystubs and tax forms, all done through online access. This saves managers precious time and allows them to focus on more important matters. For companies who have new workers, the app is capable of reporting them to the government.
- Improved payroll compliance. Being a veteran in the business, OnPay knows the ins and outs of payroll tax preparation. The platform handles IRS and state taxes while doing the payroll. This involves computation of taxes, payment and tax form filling. The vendor is so confident of its product that it offers to pay fines incurred from errors committed by the software. What’s even better is that users with inquiries are gladly assisted by certified payroll professionals during weekdays.
- HR process management. To stay on top of the payroll management process, one needs be able to store documents and take notes. OnPay lets you do these and much more. Users are allowed to add comments, format and edit the notes. An online HR library is also accessible, allowing users to get employee handbook templates and state employment laws. Apart from these, users also get to be able to track accrued time easily for 3-tier PTO, sick and vacation accruals.
- Simplified health insurance benefits. With OnPay, users can administer health insurance nationwide. The platform works with numerous licensed insurance brokers to help customers improve their understanding of benefits such as medical, dental and vision offerings. Computation of such benefits is streamlined as they are integrated into the system. Furthermore, researching for insurance and their corresponding quotes come at no additional fee. What’s even better is that the software automates management of 401(k) plans as it comes with secure harbor plans and contribution matching capabilities.
- Streamlined payroll. OnPay’s key feature is its ability to allow for unlimited pay runs. This allows businesses to run payrolls in accordance to their preference without having to pay additional fees. This may come in the form of corrections and pay run cancellations. Data entry is also eliminated using the system, with employee data saved in a secure vault. The interface is user-friendly and designed for mobility, allowing users to quickly and easily process payrolls.
4. Sage 50cloud
Sage 50cloud is an online accounting solution for small and medium-sized businesses that offers features such as taxes, inventory, budgeting, cash flow, and invoicing. It provides a wide range of add-ons for credit card processing, payroll, and more. Organizations can utilize the app’s built-in accounting best practices to stay compliant and to track their finances. You can make payments on-the-go and bill customers, and provide your accountants real-time access to accounting books.
What’s unique about the platform is that it is basically a hybrid–a desktop app that has a cloud component for data access and storage. The software can be used to track purchases and vendors and pay bills. It likewise has expense management features that include mobile payment and bank feeds. The product is capable of connecting to your bank accounts, allowing for real time recording of sales and receipts, track receivables, transfer funds, reconcile bank accounts and make deposits. You are also given access to financial reports from any online device.
If you want to know more about the features you can easily sign up for a Sage 50cloud free trial here.
What is unique about Sage 50cloud?
- Outlook connector. Automatically sync Microsoft Outlook contacts and Sage 50cloud contacts to save you time. Access customer balance information, credit limits, contact details, and order history—even if away from the office.
- Cloud backup. Get security and peace of mind with automated data back-ups stored offsite, in the cloud. You can also undo data entry errors by restoring data from the cloud as of a particular date. Never again be stuck without a recent backup.
- Sales optimization. Easily keep track of all your customers. Create quotes and proposals, then convert them to sales orders and invoices with a click.
- Expense management. Record all your purchases and expenses, never miss a payment, and stay in control of your cash.
- Intuitive dashboards. At-a-glance dashboards instantly tell you where your business stands: available cash, receivables, expenses, inventory on hand, and so much more.
- Payroll. Payroll services built right into your software make it easier to pay employees, track benefits, and report taxes.
- Insightful reporting. One-click reports on sales, taxes, upcoming expenditures, profits—everything you and your accountant need to analyze business performance.
5. Zoho Books
Zoho Books is a smart online accounting solution built for small and mid-sized businesses to handle their finances and keep them in control of their cash flow. It is the pioneer accounting product of an established software provider noted for its quality products, uptime, support, and security. With the software, you can send professional invoices to customers, receive online payments, control your expenses, eliminate compliance worries, organize all types of transactions, and be on top of your company’s finances, right from within a single platform. Zoho Books helps you manage finances per projects, where you can add tasks, assign members, and follow processes using your mobile device. The distinctive advantage of Zoho Books is how it does away with data entry, and allows you to import all bank and credit card transactions, and categorize those according to your bank’s rules. This setup doesn’t only save time but makes sure you’re working safely, and in line with all compliance standards. You can easily sign up for Zoho Books free trial here.
What is unique about Zoho Books?
- It’s from the Zoho family. Zoho is one of today’s leading software providers with more than 13 million users from around the world. It has 25 applications that encompass just about every business and productivity tools. Zoho Books works with other Zoho Apps, making the accounting app an extensible and flexible solution.
- Connects with Zoho People. The connectivity and integration capabilities of Zoho apps mean you can get one Zoho solution and beef it up with another one. For a complete HR solution to pair with your accounting app, you can have Zoho People work with Zoho Books to automate HR process, attendance, leave, and employee information, and link them with you accounting tool.
- It manages and tracks your projects. For any of your projects, you can log in and enter the time you spent completing it, so that Zoho Books would record the expenses incurred for it, and invoice clients about it. This saves time as operations are assigned to employees in charge, to and contractors.
- Fully responsive and mobile-ready. Zoho Books is ideal for all teams who need to manage finances wherever they are as it comes with dedicated apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
Xero is one of the market leaders when it comes to financial collaboration apps. This system is designed to meet the requirements of small businesses regardless of the type of business or industry.
Xero has been often been recognized by accountants as the “handiest asset for managing financial activities.” But even for non-accountant users, they will find Xero easy to manage, as it transforms some of the most standardized and complex financial concepts into simplified functions, making its usability one of the software’s many strong points. So far, nearly half a million business and sole accountants have taken advantage of Xero’s enterprise-grade features that can manage invoicing, inventory, bills payment, bank reconciliation, cash flow, expense claims, POs, time tracking, and payroll, among others. It supports financial reporting, online payment, multi-currency, business performance dashboard, sales tax calculation, and more.
What is unique about Xero?
- Payroll performer. Important functionalities are bundled in the Settings tab where you enter corporate information and adjust financial settings. One of those tabs is the Accounts menu, where you can find and alter checks, bank accounts, and expense claims and create records for your payroll needs. Currently, Xero processes and runs payrolls, and automatically adjusts taxes for more than 20 states.
- Security-focused. Transactions in Xero utilize multiple-approval model and two-factor authentication to minimize financial fraud. For every transaction, there will be a detailed list of performed actions, including dates, users, and manual notes. In sales, the method makes it possible to control purchase orders, and categorize invoices as drafted, awaiting approval, awaiting payment, or delayed.
- It provides overview of your finances. The app provides feedback on your company’s financial operations through its reporting feature which can summarize the effects of all your activities, by simply filling the filters you’d like to see included. You can make basic reports or advanced ones based on your parameters.
- Robust record keeper. Xero allows you to create and keep detailed possession records to use automatically in your transactions. All of these records are robust, and contain details such as tax status, purchase costs, committed quotes, and relevant descriptions.
7. ADP Workforce
ADP Workforce Now is a web-based HR application intended for small to midsize businesses. It can gather and automate all important HR processes into a single dashboard and implement user permissions for employees to help them coordinate and handle several HR functions. The platform allows you to manage employee payroll, time and attendance, benefits, and holidays as well as easily generate insightful reports. ADP Workforce Now comes with a benefit plan creation wizard, which can be configured according to the policies and processes of your company.
Benefits administration features are all compliant with annual reporting requirements for IRS forms 1094 and 1095. A dashboard is available for reporting purposes such as status and confirmation reports and information on premiums, deductions, beneficiaries, covered dependents, coverage levels, and enrollments.
What is unique about ADP Workforce Now?
- Transparent workforce management. The app is fully transparent and provides visibility from a single dashboard to help you manage payroll, benefits, bonuses, commissions, time and attendance, employee health statistics, and talent management.
- Usability and optimization. The platform can be accessed on smartphones and tablets through mobile apps for Android and iOS that are fully synced with the web-based dashboard, allowing you to manage your HR anytime, anywhere.
- Real-time analytics. ADP Workforce Now displays analytics in real-time and you can create customized spreadsheets, graphs, charts, and reports. You get analytics that help you make smarter decisions, and see how your company compares against benchmark data.
- Productivity booster. The software allows you to improve productivity with automated time tracking, reporting features, and employee self-service that is accessible on mobile devices.
- Manage your human resources. You can go beyond administration and compliance, which is taken cared of by the software, and focus on recruiting, engaging, retaining, and promoting your employees.
8. Dayforce HCM
Dayforce HCM is a cloud-based platform for workforce management, payroll and tax, analytics, benefits, document management, talent management, and HR management. The integrated platform gives you access to real-time data across all areas of human capital management (HCM), allowing you to process pay, manage benefits enrollment, maintain HR records, manage compliance, and schedule staff with work-life balance. You consolidate single employee record with all HCM processes. The unified HCM suite puts you on top of core human resources, on-boarding, benefits administration, payroll and more. It is a flexible Web platform compatible with all popular browsers.
What is unique about Dayforce HCM?
- Rules engine. Dayforce HCM is a single unified application driven by a rules engine to provide you accuracy, agility and visibility for your payroll processing, time and attendance, benefits and other aspects of workforce management.
- Reports with embedded analytics. Managers can get access to real-time reports that have embedded analytics, and get important data across applications and departments. The software uses only one record for each employee, which minimizes errors and redundancy.
- Pay information access. The platform lets employees view and manage their pay information anywhere at all times via web or mobile access. Employees can view pay breakdown through graphs, or access their full statement of earnings pay history for additional detail.
- Designed for mobile. The platform’s responsive design is meant for tablets so that managers can review, edit, and approve their employees’ timecards without being confined to a back-office. It gives a traditional grid view of time and attendance as well as hierarchy view for approving time and breaking out data by day or pay category.
- Expert assistance. The vendor provides payroll and tax experts to help with garnishments, tax filings, and other payroll-related activities. It also offers multi-currency and multi-language support as well as additional assistance for international personnel tracking.
Wave Apps is a free business platform that brings together functions to manage payroll, accounting, invoicing, and receipt scanning into one simple and compact package. Wave Apps is an ideal option for small businesses with less than 10 employees as well as self-employed professionals including entrepreneurs, freelancers, and consultants. The system is easy to set up and straightforward to use. It comes with a very navigable dashboard where everything you need is in view and easy to access. With the software, accounting and invoicing processes are streamlined, eliminating the intricacies of monitoring expenses, chasing payments, and managing employees and taxes. The system helps users create and send out professional looking invoicing, estimates, and receipts in a matter of moments. Tracking capabilities ensures that you are on top of your processes.
What is unique about Wave?
- Zero cost solution. Aside from being a free platform, there are no hidden charges and undeclared fees, making it a perfect accounting and invoicing tool for small startups, freelancing professionals, and consultants.
- Invoice creator. With Wave, creating professional looking invoices, estimates, and receipts is a smooth process. You can monitor the status of all your invoices and accept payments via credit cards.
- Automatic billing and invoicing. You can save a lot of time with features that automatically manage recurring bills and invoices, and notifications to remind you of paid and unpaid items.
- Simplifies expense tracking. Wave comes with capabilities to simplify expense tracking. It also has receipt scanning tools and bank connections, and takes out manual data entry from the equation, streamlining the process without compromising accuracy. It likewise prepares your business for tax season without the hassle.
Zenefits is an online platform intended to help small and medium businesses manage HR administration including complex payroll management processes. The software carry features such as business intelligence, employee directory, insurance benefits, payroll sync, customer support, hiring and onboarding, ACA compliance, mobile optimization, and many others. Zenefits unifies all of your company’s HR functions into an easy-to-use online dashboard, giving you greater control, allowing your employees greater access, and providing your business greater confidence in its compliance. You can stay up to date on earnings, deductions, and taxes without any clicks and spreadsheets since the system pushes any changes to HR, benefits, hours, and time-off straight into payroll, simplifying and automating the task.
What is unique about Zenefits?
- Free platform. The software is free for use, providing a great value for small business, startups, or even individual HR managers looking for an optimal HR service solution.
- Compliant solution. Zenefits manages all aspects of employee insurance online, providing you or your HR manager the option to keep your existing plans or choose from an extensive selection of new benefits options available in the system. You will be able to report on employee benefit eligibility and coverage status, as well as quickly e-file taxes with the IRS.
- Connected payroll. The payroll feature connects with everything else you manage in Zenefits, automatically updating itself whenever changes are made. You will be able to do time entry and approval processes, reduce errors, and ensure that your hourly employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Works with existing payroll. Even if you have another payroll provider, you can easily set up Zenefits Pay Connect Zenefits to share your HR and benefits data with your existing solution. The Zenefits platform supports popular payroll providers such as OnPay, Gusto, Intuit, and Paychex.
11. Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct is the innovative solution in cloud financial management. It combines two of the leading business platforms: Sage, which is known for cloud computing, and Intacct, a top finance and accounting solution. What you et in Sage Intacct is a comprehensive ERP system for accounts payable/receivable, cash management, order management, reporting and dashboards, contract revenue management, sales and use tax, inventory management, budgeting and planning and contract revenue management, among a host of others–all delivered through the cloud. Used by both startups large businesses, Sage Intacct is designed to improve company performance and make finance more productive. As proof of its standing in the software community, particularly in the area of accounting and finance, hundreds of leading CPA firms and Value Added Resellers offer the platform to their clients.
What is unique about Sage Intacct?
- Highly-recognized solution. Sage Intacct is recognized by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) as their top provider of financial-related applications to CPAs. Moreover, Sage Intacct is recipient of numerous awards including those from CRN Magazine (Top 20 Cloud Software & Apps Vendors) and OnDemand 100 (Fastest Growing Private Cloud Computing Companies 2010, 2011).
- Wide range of core accounting capabilities. General ledger makes data entry smoother and less time consuming, while minimizing errors in financial reports. For businesses requiring project accounting, Sage Intacct can lower revenue leaks and increase control over basic costs and margins which can be used to come up with more precise projections.
- Human resource accounting. Sage Intacct has an HR module that covers payroll, benefits administration, and time tracking to help your HR team manage the tasks of payroll, commissions, and insurance for the whole enterprise. The platform uses a connected and single payroll system across distributed locations to guide management and HR teams, and give accounting a view into payroll performance and activities.
- Built-in and customizable reports. The software comes with built-in report templates. Balance sheets can be used to analyze performance and track sales, and reporting can be simplified based on presentation requirements.
12. Intuit Payroll
Intuit Payroll is a popular payroll solution that comes in three packages to fit various business needs and budgets. It allows companies to pay their employees efficiently and accurately, automating payroll tax calculations, and even generating unlimited paychecks. It is built as a worry-free solution for payroll management. The software integrates with QuickBooks, another Intuit product, for robust accounting and improving the cash flow of your business by ensuring that you compensate your workers accurately. With the system’s integrated workers’ compensation payment service, you only pay what you owe your employees. Intuit Payroll’s functionalities go beyond payroll as it also has tools for employee management helping you hire top talent and keep up with existing mandatory policies in compliance with Federal and State labor laws.
What is unique about Intuit Payroll?
- Easy payroll management. Intuit’s Payroll software let’s pay your employees quickly and easily. It calculates payroll taxes automatically and can create unlimited paychecks instantly. It can work on its own or paired with QuickBooks for a beefier system.
- Word-class support. Intuit is known for its quality and dependable customer support. You can call for free support from live experts, get step-by-step help with set up, and chat online with a payroll specialist.
- Free paycheck calculator. Intuit’s free paycheck calculator takes the guesswork out of payroll taxes makes it easy to calculate paychecks for both your hourly and salary employees. It can crunch the numbers and factor in overtime, bonuses, or commissions to give you a rundown of exactly how much to pay your employees and how much to deduct for taxes.
- Create paychecks immediately. No need to wait for payroll checks to arrive. You can use Intuit’s free direct deposit, or print paychecks immediately. With your online payroll account, Intuit can automatically create paychecks as soon as you enter hours or approve salaries, and you can print paychecks immediately on your own printer. It’s no longer an emergency when you need to come up with a special paycheck.
- Popular payroll platform. More than one million businesses use Intuit Payroll. That speaks for itself.
Namely is a comprehensive human resources suite that combines functionalities for payroll, benefits, and talent management. It has been the platform of choice for about 400 companies with some 60,000 employees worldwide. Namely is a cloud-based solution that allows companies to manage compliance and streamline HR processes such as calculating paychecks that accurately shows deductions for taxes and contributions for benefits such as health insurance. Likewise it has features for overall employee performance review, time off tracking, goals, team planning, reporting, and more. It can be configured and scales according to the requirements of the business requirements, and comes with a permissions engine to enable layered access levels to specific information, reports, views, and functions.
What is unique about Namely?
- All-in-one modern HR platform. Namely brings with it features and tools of a modern HR solution including employee database, social news feeds, mobile apps, custom profiles, analytics, organizational charts, roles and permissions, calendar, auditing, and workflow automation.
- Full service payroll. Namely automatically keeps all HR data and payroll in sync, updates benefits deductions, simplifies filing of payroll taxes, handles W-2s and 1099s as well as other yearend reporting, and stays compliant with tax laws, among others.
- Robust time management. You can track employee time, import hours to payroll, clock in and manage time via mobile, create and manage employee schedule in real-time, make mass changes to schedules, view and manage entire hourly workforce from the dashboard, and get detailed reports on time-related matters.
- Managed services. Namely offers to assist, handle and administer for you the platform, payroll processing and reporting tasks, tax registration, employment verification, benefits enrollment, and even filing of compliance and forms on your behalf.
- Dedicated account manager. Namely provides a dedicated account manager for each client and delivers 24/7 support through phone, email, tickets, and training.
Justworks is an HR platform built to simplify the processes and ease the workload on managers and HR officers. It helps eliminate the back-end complexities of running a business, so you can focus on growing your business. Justworks offers payroll automation for employee benefits, salaries, leaves and anything workforce-related as well as HR tools to manage time off, keep track of employee info, and safely store your all your documents. Justworks facilitates payroll and payments management for your business allowing you to promptly pay all your full-time and part-time employees, contractors and vendors via direct deposit. It can also take care of payroll documents and filings, like W-2s and 1099s. You can even easily undertake one-off payments – like expense reimbursements, commissions, and bonuses – to one person or whole departments.
What is unique about Justworks?
- Customize company policies. You can create and customize your company policies regarding vacations and leaves – time off requests, holiday calendars, sick leaves and many more – which ca be managed through a single interface.
- Employee dashboard. Each of your employees gets their own unique dashboard where they can view their complete profile and their performance. They can enroll in benefits programs, view their payment details, and request for leaves. This system bypasses hectic routine of emails and approvals because everything is automated.
- Payroll automation. Set up your payroll once, and never worry about it again. All your salaried employees whether full-time or part-time will get paid automatically every time.
- Centralized vendor/contractor payments. Justworks facilitates payment of all your US-based contractors and vendors from one place. You just invite them to set up an account to enable you to immediately send your payment and Justworks will file all the tax paperwork, including 1099s, at the end of the year for you and for them.
15. Keka HR
Keka HR tags itself as an “employee experience platform” that takes care of HR, payroll, and talent management for employee centric companies. The solution automates basic and tedious HR and payroll tasks, enabling HR teams to work better, faster, more accurately. With Keka HR, enterprises and organizations can efficiently process payroll, effectively manage their workforce, and easily acquire top talent through a blend of traditional and innovative features. These include automated payroll capabilities that can support small to large workforce; configurable payroll processes to fit various businesses while staying 100% compliant; and modern applicant tracking system to enable your HR staff to find the most suitable people. Keka HR is now the payroll and talent management system of choice for many global brands including Nokia, Honda, and UpGrad, to name a few.
What is unique about Keka HR?
- Scalable payroll capability. The platform provides you with a feature-rich payroll capability that has all the tools and features you need to help you run your payroll, whether you have 20 employees or 20,000.
- Employee-centered. While most HR systems are geared towards making life simple for the administration, Keka HR is designed to deliver smooth and seamless user-experience to your workers by simplifying complicated workflows that take up much of their time, effort, resources, and expertise.
- Employee development. The solution helps you develop your employees with continuous feedback, 360-degree reviews, goal management, and more, making it easy to identify the potential of your employees, their strengths and weaknesses, and help improve and harness them.
- Modern applicant tracking system. Keka’s hiring platform makes hiring a collaborative effort from sourcing, screening to releasing an offer to ensure that you get the most qualified candidate. It helps your HR staff filter out your applicant pool, and attract the best talent with competitive offers.
16. Kronos Workforce Ready
Kronos Workforce Ready is a cloud HR management solution that boasts a full suite of scalable features to automate key HR management processes. These features and functions include full human capital management capabilities, ranging from time and attendance, payroll, to scheduling, all from a single solution. Likewise, the platform enables managers to engage employees and attract and retain talent. Kronos Workforce Ready uses a single employee record that is shared across all its tools. The employee database allows users to easily pull out reports and implement workflows across the organization. The solution’s capability to update data in real time lets HR managers make quick but informed decisions using the latest and accurate information. With Workforce Ready, users can access the platform anytime, anywhere using the free mobile app.
What is unique about Kronos Workforce Ready?
- Combined functionality. Kronos Workforce Ready fuses workforce management and human capital management functionalities to aid in HR undertakings, enabling companies to organize employees in a structure that can be utilized for reporting, permissions and other processes.
- HR processes automation. The software automates just about every HR process, resulting in more opportunities to engage workers and boost employee productivity.
- Self-service features. Workforce Ready’s self-service features are designed for both workers and managers which effectively eliminate the need for constant supervision, allowing staff to update information without HR managers’ involvement.
- Granular reporting. Users can generate reports that include feedback concerning specific human resource areas. These insights and analytics can be used to identify both efficient areas and those that need improving.
Paychex is an end-to-end and single-source HCM suite that offers payroll, HR and benefits management systems for small, medium as well large businesses. It streamlines and manages tasks such as payroll and taxes, 401 (k) retirement services, insurance, HR, time and attendance, employee benefits, onboarding, and accounting and finance. The comprehensive HCM system puts people and their needs at its core, while its dedicated Care Act solutions allow taking action on otherwise complex health rules and regulations. The system automates applicant tracking and expense management, making recruiting and expense processes more efficient. Its cloud-based accounting makes tedious tasks simpler while still offering the flexibility larger businesses require for scaling their operations.
What is unique about Paychex?
- Paychex PEO. The Paychex Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services help your company manage employee relations issues that may result in litigation risks and potential regulatory penalties. This is important especially with the uncertainties that come with increasing regulations, employer liability, and benefit costs that put pressure on business owners and HR departments.
- Solutions for small business. Paychex provides solutions for small and medium businesses through the latest technologies and services they need to stay ahead. Payroll information can be accessed via web, email, phone or manually while payroll tax administration services take care of the federal state laws and local regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge base. An extensive collection of webinars, articles, videos, blue papers and more that cover everything about the platform as well as hiring, HR services and compliance, and online recruiting are available.
- Financial solutions. Paychex offers accounting and finance solutions that include payment processing services, expense management, Kashoo online accounting integration, online benefits management and others that work well for organizations having more than fifty employees.
Paycom is a cloud-hosted payroll and HCM platform that empowers businesses to track all stages of the employee lifecycle. Launched in 1998, it is one of the pioneers of cloud-based payroll software and uses the SaaS model to deliver advanced HCM solutions. From its original payroll module, Paycom now also offers HR management, talent Management, talent acquisition, and time and labor management tools. With the platform, you can automate your payroll processes with all employee data stored in a single, secure and accessible location. All changes are carried out in real-time across the whole system. On top of that, the vendor provides a dedicated support specialist to each client to promptly resolve their issues.
What is unique about Paycom?
- Automated payroll processing. Paycom takes care of your tax filings as it debits payroll taxes within the deadline, deposits them before due dates, and manages all other tax filings related to payroll. It also has features on payroll analytics, expense reimbursement management, compliance with ACA regulations and reporting requirements related to 1094 and 1095.
- One-to-one service. Paycom provides one-to-one service to its clients, giving them a single point of contact for all their queries. Dedicated specialists are there to provide personal support to improve efficiencies.
- Multi-functional platform. You can use the platform’s various features and capabilities to hire, engage, pay, manage, and track your employees efficiently and effortlessly.
- Single database solution. The software uses a single database where all changes made by the employer as well as employees are instantly reflected in the system, eliminating the need to re-enter information. It enables businesses to provide accurate operational and financial data management and stakeholders.
19. Comprehensive Payroll Company
Comprehensive Payroll Company is a compact suite of modern and custom workforce management solutions, delivered by a company with over a decade of experience and expertise. Their platform boasts of paperless management and secure data processing, as well as the variety of integrated modules that cover different end-to-end employee payroll needs. CPC utilizes a modular solution to provide unparalleled flexibility which allows customers to mix and match modules and features based on their business needs. It is platform hosted entirely in cloud, reducing burden on your IT team and putting you in charge of a fully scalable and digital workforce administration process. CPC enables you to handle all aspects of your human capital management from an integrated dashboard and database, and have your data stored in cloud, that can be readily accessed from your mobile device.
What is unique about Comprehensive Payroll Company?
- Modular platform. You can mix, match and combine modules that your business requires. There are modules for Payroll, Time and Labor Management, Onboarding and Recruiting, Work Opportunity Tax Credit, Human Resources, and Compliance and Background Checks.
- Tax credit management. CPC helps employers who hire individuals from eligible target groups with significant barriers to employment receive a tax credit under Work Opportunity Tax Credit feature. Each year, employers claim over $1 billion in tax credits under the WOTC program for business which benefits all who participate, while spurring economic growth and productivity.
- Hands-free payroll. The Payroll module provides features such as Single Log-on, Employee Self-Service, WOTC Tax Credit Processing, Direct Deposits & Count Order Garnishments, Labor reports, and more. All your employee information such as hours, personal information, I-9, paperwork, and benefits is packed on a single secured and accessible dashboard.
- Full control over your time and costs. The Time & Labor module enhances employee productivity and offers information-rich dashboards, reports, and decision support tools to avoid expensive payroll mistakes. Employees will be able to view their accrual balances, schedules, and time sheets, and request time offs without complex approval procedures.
20. On-Time Web
On-Time Web is a business software that integrates time tracking, attendance, and expense monitoring capabilities into a single, compact platform. Its powerful tracking tool makes it easy for you to stay on top of your employee’s working hours, absences, and leaves and ensures that all your expenses are monitored and accounted for. With the software, you can monitor your employees’ time, manage their leaves, and optimize their schedules from a single platform through any device – desktop at the office or mobile phone while on the go. You can even review and approve leave requests anytime and from anywhere. On-Time Web allows you to streamline your payroll via seamless integration to your existing payroll systems and workflows.
What is unique about On-Time Web?
- Three solutions in one package. On-Time Web enables you to track your employees during their working hours, manage employees’ leaves, and monitor project-related expenses. You get a time tracking software, an attendance and leave management solution, and expense tracking platform in a single package.
- Simple payroll integration. You can easily setup integration to your current payroll system, service or other software enabling you to streamline all your payroll processes and ensuring that you pay your employees on time and accurately.
- Robust time tracking engine. With On-Time Web, you get a user interface that can convert any desktop web browser into a powerful time tracking engine. Its mobile apps for Android and iOS devices come with GPS location tracking functionality, allowing businesses to view the exact location of their employees.
- Multiple time collection methods. Employees have several ways of entering their time. They can use the software in any modern browser, the web time clock, or the mobile timesheet and time clock apps.
Whether you are a payroll service provider, an independent accountant or a business looking for an accounting system, the solutions above can meet your requirements. Among them, Gusto may be your best option considering its payroll features are natively integrated into one of the most reliable and trusted accounting systems. You can find out for yourself how this setup fits your workflows. You can easily sign up for Gusto free trial here.