Top 10 Alternatives to Freshdesk: Comparison of Popular Help Desk Software Systems
Freshdesk is a leading customer support and help desk software solution that can be used by businesses to improve the efficiency and productivity of their support agents as well as the quality of their customer service. This article details the main features of Freshdesk and gives you the reasons why it is such a popular app. We also provide a comparison of top 10 Freshdesk alternatives and analyze the key features, pricing details, and top integrations of all of them to give you a better overview of the options that are available to your company.
What is Freshdesk?
Our review team currently rates Freshdesk as the best app in the customer support software category with a total SmartScore of 9.8/10. The vendor also won our Best Help Desk Software Award for 2017. The software offers a range of useful features for both small and large companies including self-service portals, smart automations, multiple SLA policies, integrated game mechanics, and multichannel capability. If you want to try out the solution first there is a great free trial plan that you can check. You can easily sign up for Freshdesk free trial here.
Besides the unique features, you can also rely on the solution for standard tools such as community platform, knowledge base, and efficient help desk ticketing. The best part is you can easily convert your support emails into tickets and track them for accurate and quick response. Plus, you can link forum queries to a ticket and vice versa which helps you create streamlined answers to common issues and requests.
What are the main benefits of Freshdesk?
- Agents can collaborate on email and ensure no query is missed.
- You can label tickets quickly and accurately, and route them instantly to the right agent for fast resolution.
- You can automate all stages of your support process from dispatching tickets to resolution.
- You can track customer posts about your product in social media and respond to issues on these channels.
- The app intuitively suggests answers from the knowledge base based on customer queries.
- Your customers can use the Freshdesk community to share advice, tips, ideas, and best practices among themselves.
If you are not impressed with what Freshdesk has to offer and look for more features, read on to learn about the top 10 Freshdesk alternatives that offer unique features of their own. We provide you a fair amount of details about their main benefits so that you can find out if you should consider them instead of Freshdesk and vice versa.
Top 10 Alternatives To Freshdesk
LiveAgent is a widely used help desk application that combines multiple channels into a single compact solution. It includes email support, live chat, and social media integration for Twitter and Facebook. Main features include file sharing, contact forms, gamification, statuses, and POP3 accounts.
What makes LiveAgent so popular? The main reason is the solution’s interface is intuitive and simple which makes it easy to learn and use the app effectively. All the interface aspects are well planned and easily accessible which enables users to master the app in a short period. Because of this ease of use, your agents would be able to handle a large number of support queries in quick time.
Why use LiveAgent instead of Freshdesk?
- It offers a more extensive feature set.
- The setup is fast and simplified.
- The vendor provides full lifetime 24/7 support even for small clients.
- The customer support is in-house and not outsourced which means you are assured of quality service.
- The pricing packages are flexible and you need to pay only for what you use.
- You can use a single license for all your websites.
Why use Freshdesk instead of LiveAgent?
- You can track you agents’ turnaround time for each query and identify trends to enhance your support.
- Plus, you can set up a single support system for all your products and brands.
- Support users and customers across different time zones and languages.
- Get a full overview of your support with drill-down tools to get to the bottom of issues.
Samanage is a leading asset management and IT service desk software. You can easily deploy this app using a true cloud, SaaS-based model. For this reason, there is no need to install hardware or software, and you need not worry about maintenance. Plus, you are assured of multi-tenant feature which means you can make use of a single, always new instance of the software.
Why is Samanage on our list? For one, it has a simple interface and automatically collects all data related to IT asset configuration. Plus, it offers your IT team deep reporting functionality and instant alerts. Users can submit queries online and your IT support desk agents get immediate access to asset configuration which speeds up resolution time and enhances productivity.
Why use Samanage instead of Freshdesk?
- You can streamline service requests, tickets, and fulfillment processes.
- Build on best practices and shared knowledge from historical incidents.
- Monitor and control assets across your business.
- Continuously monitor your software and hardware for possible risks.
- Create SLA goals and track their progress.
- Integrate email with self-service portal.
Why use Freshdesk instead of Samanage?
- Get customer feedback to evaluate your support performance
- Use gamification to motivate your agents and keep track of their performances.
- There is depth in multi-channel features.
- Finally, you can manage all your support emails in one place.
Desk.com is a leading help desk software app that enables companies to deliver high quality customer support. It offers useful features for SMEs and is also robust enough for large companies. The app collects customer conversations in one channel where your agents can collaborate to respond to queries promptly and efficiently. They can use phone, chat, email, and social media to address customer requests. You can add or remove agents as needed and use social media tools to engage customers.
What is the standout feature of Desk.com? We would like to point out its social media integration. Consumers look for support on social media and with Desk.com you can monitor your customers’ experience on social websites. Plus, you can use channels such as Facebook Private Messaging to deliver social support. Finally, the vendor offers native apps for iOS, Android, and Blackberry devices.
Why use Desk.com instead of Freshdesk?
- You can view and answer all customer requests in a single place.
- The app makes it easy to track status and priority cases.
- Build your own custom support center with the Desk.com editor.
- Create rules to speed up customer support.
- Use the intuitive dashboard that offers weekly or monthly analytics.
- Provide multi-lingual customer support in 36 languages.
Why use Freshdesk instead of Desk.com?
- Freshdesk offers cheaper pricing packages.
- The vendor provides customer support via phone, email, and tickets.
- You can automatically categorize, prioritize, and assign customer queries.
- Multi-level SLAs ensure all tickets are addressed well in time.
Zendesk is a popular cloud-hosted help desk platform that is used by more than 40,000 companies, from small businesses and startups to large enterprises and big brands like Zappos and Groupon. The system is easy to deploy and use, and businesses can utilize it to boost customer satisfaction, enhance productivity, and reduce costs. Hundreds of agents can use the platform to manage thousands of tickets every day. Another advantage is it integrates your support channels such as chat, web, social media, and email. Finally, you can access the system from your desktop or mobile device, which means small businesses can even use a home-based, freelance support setup to minimize costs.
Why use Zendesk instead of Freshdesk?
- Deployment is easy and flexible and you can set up the system in minutes.
- You can group together your support channels for easy tracking and fast delivery.
- Business can offer self-service options with intuitive FAQs, online communities, knowledge bases, and online service portals.
- The vendor provides plenty of customization and branding options.
- You can use the app for reporting and analytics purposes.
- Finally, Zendesk integrates seamlessly with eCommerce, social media, CRM and other systems and apps.
Why use Freshdesk instead of Zendesk?
- Freshdesk offers high quality social media integration.
- With the app’s built-in phone channel you can set up a call center in minutes.
- Customers can use the support portal and feedback widget to communicate their issues.
- Plus, customers can find answers on their own using the support forums and knowledge base.
5. Help Scout
Help Scout is a standout help desk solution that can be used by businesses to provide reliable and professional customer support on multiple channels. With this app, your customers need not wait for a long time to find an agent to get their issues resolved. Good quality support with Help Scout can boost user satisfaction and turn your customers into evangelists for your product and brand.
What are the hallmarks of Help Scout? To start, the learning curve is short and your agents can learn to use the app within an hour. They can collaborate on queries and consult each other using the Internal Note tool. This custom action is one of several that this solution can automate to enhance efficiency. Finally, you can use the built-in robust work builder to customize operations as needed.
Why use Help Scout instead of Freshdesk?
- It integrates with more systems and apps compared to standard help desk solutions.
- The vendor offers a free plan for startups and small businesses.
- The pricing packages are flexible and affordable.
- Your customers can communicate with your agents in an easy and fast manner.
- You can create and host content-rich knowledge bases for self help.
- Finally, the vendor offers reliable support via email and tickets.
Why use Freshdesk instead of Help Scout?
- Freshdesk offers a more extensive feature set.
- Its basic packages are cheaper compared to Help Scout.
- The app can be optimized for search engines to enable customers to find what they need from anywhere.
- The system uses gamification feature to add fun to the work atmosphere.
TeamSupport is a complete customer support application that businesses can use to collaborate and communicate more effectively among their units and with clients for a faster and more accurate response. Along with your support team, your finance, technical, and sales teams can also collaborate and use the app for superior customer satisfaction. On top of that, you can extend the system’s functionality with seamless integrations with popular business solutions such as Dropbox, Zoho Reports, MailChimp and more.
TeamSupport offers scalable features and cloud-hosted plans for both small and large enterprises. Main features include ticket automation, ticket management, live chat, screen records, advanced customer self-service portals, and reporting functionality. Your support team can use the internal chat feature to conduct real-time conversations for collaboration. Finally, you can be productive on the go by using the mobile version for popular platforms such as Windows Phone, Blackberry, Android, and iOS.
Why use TeamSupport instead of Freshdesk?
- It enables agents to work in groups and have ad-hoc discussions in real time about specific tickets.
- You can see all customer engagements and store them securely in the Complete Customer Database.
- Plus, you can track individual agents’ performance in real time and evaluate their work quality. The vendor offers the support of experienced help desk professionals from whom you can get technical advice to improve your business.
- Your customers can use the robust Intelligent Submission Deflection feature to find answers on their own for their issues.
- They can also use the Advanced Customer Service Portal which is active 24/7 to get answers.
Why use Freshdesk instead of TeamSupport?
- Freshdesk offers cheaper pricing packages.
- You can customize the app to promote your brand by adding company logo and colors.
- It integrates with more than 60 collaboration, cloud storage, CRM, eCommerce, and productivity applications.
- Plus, it integrates easily with Google’s suite of products to enhance productivity.
7. Vision Helpdesk
Vision Helpdesk is an all-in-one help desk platform that enables you to manage multiple channels such as calls, email, chat, webforms, Twitter, and Facebook under one roof. The app encompasses three products: help desk software (multi-channel help desk), satellite desk (multi-brand/company help desk), and service desk (ITIL/ITSM desk).
Vision ITIL follows the IT service management (ITSM) discipline as stipulated by the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). This service desk includes features such as asset management, incident management, problem management, knowledge management, change management, release management, and CMDB. You can deploy either the cloud or download version of this platform.
Why use Vision Helpdesk instead of Freshdesk?
- You can use a wide range of features to manage customer support.
- Plus, you can benefit from the pioneering satellite help desk solution.
- You can manage support for multiple brands and products using a single staff portal.
- Ticket billing allows you to provide paid technical support to your end users.
- Your agents can use the Blabby collaboration tool to share information with team members to resolve customer queries.
- Finally, the app is scalable for the needs of large enterprises.
Why use Freshdesk instead of Vision Helpdesk?
- It provides multiple support channels such as phone, email, chat, social media and forum.
- Your agents can view queries quickly and identify the right response for each query.
- Plus, you can set priorities based on your service level agreements (SLAs).
- It offers enterprise-grade ticketing that is suitable for large organizations.
8. JIRA Service Desk
JIRA Service Desk is a leading service desk app designed by Atlassian. This system is popularly used by many open source projects. Plus, software companies use the solution to identify and track software bugs and their location. The main advantage is customers can submit their requests using tickets or resolve their queries on their own by utilizing the self-service portal.
Why should you opt for JIRA Service Desk? To start, the vendor offers a handy free trial that you can check out. Second, the installation is fast and simple and the interface is user-friendly. Plus, the app connects IT and development teams for enhanced efficiency. The team members can make use of configurable dashboards with a wide range of support widgets. Finally, the app is ITIL ready.
Why use JIRA Service Desk instead of Freshdesk?
- The app integrates easily with popular business systems such as Marketplace, HipChat and more.
- You can use the automation features to speed up processes.
- Your customers can use the knowledge base to find answers to their queries.
- The app offers real-time collaboration, info, and updates.
- You can use performance metrics to evaluate the work done by your agents.
- Finally, you can choose between cloud-hosted and on-premise deployment options.
Why use Freshdesk instead of JIRA Service Desk?
- Freshdesk offers more features.
- The agent collision detection feature helps to avoid multiple responses to a single ticket.
- Your agents can collaborate on complex tickets using private notes for internal communication.
- Finally, you can enhance productivity with smart automation.
9. Zoho Desk
Businesses can use Zoho Desk to provide high quality customer support by using tools that enhance agent productivity. Managers can utilize the reporting and analytics features to evaluate agent performances to find areas for improvement and to make smart business decisions. The app also benefits customers who can find prompt and reliable support easily and quickly.
Why does Zoho Desk stand out among the crowd? It provides task automation, multiple support channels, and useful tools that companies can use to provide fast and responsive customer support. Employees from different units can collaborate using this app and provide customers a unified and superior support experience.
Why use Zoho Desk instead of Freshdesk?
- Zoho Desk offers help desk essentials and standard features.
- You can use the range of useful tools to build closer and more profitable relationships with customers.
- Businesses can choose either the ticketing system or call center functionality as needed.
- Your customers can use social networks such as Twitter and Facebook to communicate with you and get their issues resolved
- You can create content-rich knowledge bases that your customers can use for self-help.
- Small teams can use the free plan while the paid pricing packages are affordable even for startups.
Why use Freshdesk instead of Zoho Desk?
- You can automate tasks to enhance your support team’s productivity.
- FAQs can be answered with a canned response.
- You can automatically prioritize and assign tickets to the right agents.
- Finally, the supervisor can check the application for the day’s unresolved tickets and issue alerts to agents to follow up on them.
HappyFox is a cloud-based customer support platform that offers a ticket support system as well as community forum, end-user support portal, and knowledge base. The vendor offers suitable features and affordable pricing packages for the needs of both small and large enterprises.
HappyFox is a good choice because it is easy to use and does not offer unnecessary features. You can sign up for the free trial that is provided for up to 10 agents and access all the features at no cost. Other benefits are the intuitive interface, easy customization with powerful automation, and in-depth analysis and reporting with attractive visual displays.
Why use HappyFox instead of Freshdesk?
- Businesses can use a multi-channel ticketing system.
- The system integrates with your email accounts and website to ensure all support requests get collated.
- You can assign the right ticket to the right agent for quick resolution.
- Plus, you can automate tickets for faster processing.
- Utilize smart rules to automate tasks.
- Measure and act on vital support metrics.
Why use Freshdesk instead of HappyFox?
- The app is easy to set up and you can add agents quickly.
- You can set up your service level agreements (SLAs) to define ticket priorities and resolution time.
- Plus, you can define the operational hours for different priority levels which informs your customers when they can get a response.
- Finally, you can customize the support portal with your brand colors and logo.
|Freshdesk||Pricing starts at $15/month and goes up to $79/agent/month|
|LiveAgent||Pricing starts at $9/agent/month and goes up to $39/month|
|Samanage||Pricing by quote|
|Desk.com||Packages start at $20/month (billed annually) and go up to $100/month (billed annually)|
|Pricing starts at $5/agent/month and goes up to $199/agent/month|
|Help Scout||Packages start at $20/month and go up to $40/month|
|TeamSupport||Pricing starts at $40/agent/month (billed annually) and goes up to $55/agent/month (billed annually)|
|Vision Helpdesk||Packages start at $7/agent/month (billed annually) and go up to $21/agent/month (billed annually)|
|JIRA Service Desk||Cloud-hosted plans start at $10/month and go up to $20/agent/month|
|Zoho Desk||Pricing starts at $12/user/month and goes up to $25/user/month|
|HappyFox||Packages start at $19/staff/month and go up to $69/staff/month|