BambooHR: No. 1 In HR Software
Our score: 9.8
User satisfaction: 99%
What is the best HR software solution of 2020?
The best HR software solution of 2020 is BambooHR. This cloud-hosted software is equipped with end-to-end workforce management functionalities. It allows you to manage and streamline operations from recruitment to onboarding. Moreover, it comes with built-in reporting tools to help you gain insights into your processes.
The combination of HR management and modern technology never mattered to businesses more than it does in 2020, making it impossible to imagine one without the other. HR software systems of today have a role to play at all stages of the hire-to-retire process and enable managers to truly recover what they’ve invested in smart staffing. So, it only makes sense that you equip yourself with these technologies to remain competitive.
However, not all HR tools are the same. To help you zero in on the ideal platform for your company, we’ve compiled a list of the 20 best HR software solutions that we believe can handle modern user expectations. In this article, we have detailed each platform’s key features and strengths, so that it is easier to gauge whether or not they can put an end to your workforce management struggles.
Over the years, the HR market has practically reinvented itself. We’ve seen features we never thought we’d use become indispensable within our recruitment strategies. Moreover, we’ve seen machines personalize the connection between employers and their employees, allowing them to snag top talents with minimal fuss.
Also, a LinkedIn survey recently revealed four trends emerged that will shape the future of recruitment. Three of which rely heavily on functions offered by HR software. This is just a small piece of the puzzle that makes HR tools crucial.
So it seems that in 2020, these solutions will get a say on the workforce strategizing table, just about enough to fulfill the dream of any recruiter – erasing the inconsistencies between personal aspirations and companies’ objectives. This task, as ambitious as it sounds, has been entrusted to HR software providers and their products.
In its 2018 Global Human Capital Trends, Deloitte had HR professionals identify the importance of emerging human capital trends and their readiness in these areas. While there is the obvious importance of data, technology, and connectivity in the industry, many seem unprepared for the challenge. However, it was noted that many organizations are looking to capitalize on software solutions that are AI-assisted, have collaborative and communications features, and robust people analytics tools.
If you are looking to invest in this type of software as well, we recommend you first check out our guide to what is HR management software before browsing our list of 20 best HR solutions. This way, you can make informed decisions as you purchase one for your company.
BambooHR is, without doubt, a synonym of a compact HR system that helps govern different aspects of the recruitment and employee administration workload. Due to the variety of unique and useful HR management features, Bamboo is also the flagship product in this category.
Designed with small and medium businesses in mind, BambooHR features provide a streamlined coworking experience for both employers and their employees. The kit will deal with applicant tracking, time-off tracking, and complex leave management, payroll, and performance administration all at once, and help you draft all popular reports with neatly categorized information. You can give Bamboohr free trial a look to learn more about its capabilities.
Try out BambooHR with their free trial
Furthermore, a unique BambooHR attribute that will turn you into a savvy decision-maker is its custom workflow capacity, thanks to which you can introduce your own rules and policies, and increase the engagement of your employees. Lastly, BambooHR supports e-signatures and integrates easily with third-party applications, and offers custom pricing packages to ensure every client can afford it.
What is unique about BambooHR?
- Optional applicant tracking system. With BambooHR you can add new job openings with all relevant details such as salary, title, duration, contract type, etc. Once the list is ready and completed, you can share it on all social networks or popular job boards to make sure applicants know about you.
- Onboarding emails. BambooHR helps you prepare special emails for new hires containing training information, and access to all system files and corporate documents that may be relevant to them.
- Professional performance administration. BambooHR provides you with a quadrant-style matrix plot that uses your information to compare employees to each other and distinguish the top performers among them.
- A centralized database that manages 12 types of benefits. BambooHR handles an overall number of 12 benefit types applicable to all groups of employees, and it is employees who can change them upon every update in their status. You will also get a modifiable health rate plan, and calculate automatically the variable amounts his employees have to pay.
- Unique reports. Using BambooHR, you can create Equal Employment Opportunity reports, Benefits reports, taxation reports, and many other types of valuable summaries.
2. Gusto HR
Gusto HR turned traditional HR management upside down, proving that compensation can and will be entirely managed on the screen, and introduced a unique, smart benefits scheme (HSA, health insurance, 401(k)s, and 529 college savings) that leaves no employee out of the spotlight. As such, Gusto HR is devoted to managers who are not only technically savvy but try to remain creative and motivate their workforce in a variety of ways. Consequently, customization accounts for a large part of its popularity, as Gusto HR is one of the very few HR platforms you can genuinely tailor to your needs.
In our Gusto HR overview, we mentioned that it brings HR, payroll, and benefits in a single system and makes management easy even for non-professionals, granting the support from an experienced and knowledgeable team of HR professionals. Moreover, it also tailors plans with the assistance of reputable brokers to ensure that even the sole proprietors will be able to optimize its capacity. However, at the moment, Gusto HR serves exclusively US-based teams. If you would like to learn more about what this platform has to offer, you can do so at no cost thanks to Gusto free trial.
Try out Gusto with their free trial
What is unique about Gusto HR?
- Master of calculations. As soon as you begin using it, Gusto HR takes overtime off calculations, ACA compliance, year-end forms, payroll taxes, and even adopts unique workflow calculations. In other words, all important data are synchronized in a single system, and the user can focus on more important activities.
- Error-proof payroll. Gusto HR acts as a personalized employee database, where you can store important information, and access it any time and from any device. Furthermore, it makes all payroll calculations independently, which means you won’t have to enter data in several different apps and websites.
- A possibility to import your existent benefits plan. Gusto HR facilitates benefits administration in many ways. It will equip you with employment tax reporting, payments, workers’ comp insurance, new hire reports, and detailed budget plans. Moreover, your team will also have access to dedicated benefits advisers with years of health care experience.
- Fully compliant with HIPAA, ACA, and ERISA standards. All Gusto HR operations are designed to meet in detail HIPAA, ACA, and ERISA standards. That is to say; the system will check data automatically, prepare compliance reviews of your benefits and send automated notices, and guarantee employee privacy, unlike any similar system.
- Integrated 401(k)s. Gusto HR allows you to set up and manage 401(k) plans with unparalleled ease and enable employees in such a way to save money for their retirement.
monday.com is an easy-to-use and intuitive HR software that lets you manage your HR processes in one place, from onboarding and recruitment right down to employee management. It provides a colorful and visual platform where you can get a clear view of your job recruitment process. It also allows you to create customized forms that you can put up on your website to capture job applications.
Some monday.com details you should also consider are its simplicity and flexibility, allowing your team to have a smoother onboarding process. No matter the team’s size, you can send them an email and get them on board. You can also customize workflows so you can manage different teams and address challenges in a breeze. The vendor offers a comprehensive free trial to get you up to speed with the features.
Try out monday.com with their free trial
What is unique with monday.com?
- Complete employee management tools. monday.com has a time tracking tool that you can use to monitor employee attendance and their tasks. Graphs also provide insights into employee performance, making it easier for you to set goals and give feedback.
- Customized workflows. You can use pre-built templates to customize specific workflows and processes. In one visual and organized workspace, you can keep track of all your HR processes.
- Powerful recruitment tracking. monday.com comes with a recruitment tracking tool that gives you candidate information in a neat dashboard. With it, you can see at a glance important details regarding a candidate, such as the position they applied for, their status, and their application timeline.
- Helps visualize goals. The software enables you to visualize your goals in customized sections where you can input short- and long-term company goals. This way, you can monitor and see what you have achieved so far.
Detailed monday.com Review
OnPay is a human resource tool focusing on payroll management. Trusted by small businesses and medium-sized companies across the US, this platform supports all aspects of the payroll preparation process. With this, you can calculate wages and benefits as well as file taxes automatically. Moreover, it comes with built-in payment processing options so you can easily send out salaries to employees without leaving the office.
Also, other OnPay features include automated new hire reports and document management. With these, you can easily compile important information about your employees as they start working for your company. The platform even comes with unique lifetime accounts where employees can access their pay stubs and W-2 forms even when they’re no longer working for you. For more information about this system, you may choose to test out its features first before subscribing.
Try out OnPay with their free trial
What is unique about OnPay?
- Improved payroll management. OnPay stands out from other HR management systems because of its in-depth payroll management system. It supports multi-state payrolls and calculates wages depending on productive hours as well as benefits and bonuses.
- Direct payments available. In addition to streamlining payroll processes, the platform also makes it easy for you to send employee compensation. This is because OnPay supports payment processing via direct deposit or debit card, so you don’t have to make trips to the bank just to pay employees. It also prints checks on-site for your convenience.
- Simplified tax management. Tax management is one of the most tedious responsibilities of HR personnel. So, to simplify things, OnPay provides automated tax filing and payments. Meaning, all you have to do is to set up salary information for each employee, and OnPay will do the rest.
- Employee self-service onboarding. OnPay lets users simplify the onboarding process while improving transparency through its self-service portals. Here, employees may onboard themselves and their personal data. Later on, they may access this to retrieve their pay information and tax forms.
- Connects to different accounting systems. Lastly, OnPay makes it easy for you to handle payroll, alongside accounting processes. This is because the platform seamlessly integrates with accounting systems such as Quickbooks and Xero.
Paycor is a unified human capital management solution designed for businesses, both large and small. It comes with an intuitive and highly scalable interface that can expedite day-to-day workforce management operations. With it, you get access to best-in-class features for recruitment, human resource, and payroll management. Moreover, it has a timekeeping solution to ensure accurate monitoring of billable hours
In addition to the abovementioned, other Paycor details worth noting include its compliance management and tax preparation functionalities. Meaning, it can help you stay up-to-date on workers’ comp and ACA compliance as well as make sure you adhere to current tax regulations. Last but not least, the platform offers built-in predictive analytics tools to help you gain insight into your HR operations. Should you want to find out more about how this platform works, be sure to try Paycor free trial.
Try out Paycor with their free trial
What is unique about Paycor?
- Comprehensive HCM functionalities. Paycor offers an all-encompassing system that can manage everything from applicant tracking to employee management. So, this platform allows you to streamline your processes in one convenient hub.
- Reinforced employee engagement. As a unified HCM solution, this platform lets you improve the way you recruit, onboard, and develop staff. That is to say; you can build a more positive company culture, engage employees better, and retain top talents.
- Powerful yet easy-to-use interface. Paycor comes with a powerful interface that does not compromise functionality. For instance, it brings together a wide variety of HCM tools but has intuitive navigation options. Moreover, it can integrate with an extensive selection of third-party applications.
- Simplified payroll and tax management. The platform makes sure that you compensate your employees as accurately as possible. So, it offers users a payroll and tax management system with a built-in timekeeping tool.
- Built-in analytics tools. Lastly, Paycor is equipped with predictive analytics tools that generate reports around your key HR metrics. By using this, you can easily monitor employee retention rates, labor costs, and other crucial operation data and improve your decision-making processes.
Freshteam is a powerful recruitment management application from Freshworks. It combines best-in-class applicant tracking, recruitment CRM, collaborative hiring, and onboarding tools in one compact interface. As a result, users get access to all the tools they need to plan, manage, and monitor their hiring processes. It also comes with a job posting management module that lets you publish hiring notices on different social media platforms.
However, as you’ll see in our Freshteam overview, this platform is not an end-to-end HR solution. In other words, while this platform has powerful recruitment features, it can’t handle employee engagement efforts, payroll preparation, or employee performance monitoring. The good news here is that Freshteam can be integrated seamlessly with other Freshworks productivity tools as well as several third-party business systems. So, you can still streamline your recruitment efforts with other aspects of your HR operations. To get a first-hand experience of this software’s functionalities, you can leverage Freshteam free trial.
Try out Freshteam with their free trial
What is unique about Freshteam?
- Support for candidate sourcing. One of the things that make Freshteam unique is its ability to support candidate sourcing processes. It lets you create eye-catching job vacancy announcements and post them on social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Moreover, it provides you with a dedicated career inbox that consolidates any applicant inquiries from these channels.
- Candidate screening functionalities. This platform serves as a centralized hub for recruitment officers. It has a candidate screening module where users can schedule and conduct interviews. It even lets users keep a record of any correspondence between them and the applicant for future reference.
- Recruitment CRM. Freshteam comes with a recruitment CRM where you can store applicant information, previous interactions, as well as interview files. With this, it is much easier for HR personnel to review applicants later in the hiring process.
- Intuitive operations dashboard. In addition to the features we’ve already mentioned, Freshteam also comes with an intuitive dashboard that consolidates all your operational data. This lets you see all candidate information, hiring pipelines, emails, feedback, and notes in one convenient place.
- Mobile-ready platform. Lastly, Freshteam has a completely mobile-ready interface. This means HR professionals may access the system using their smartphones or tablets while on-the-go and keep track of operations in real-time.
Detailed Freshteam Review
7. Toast Payroll
Toast Payroll is a team management and payroll platform built for restaurants to streamline their processes. It combines payroll and POS features in one dynamic and user-friendly solution. Moreover, it has a labor management function that sees you through the hiring processes, providing only one employee profile database to avoid double-entries across your POS and payroll systems.
By having a single and centralized hub for payroll and HR management, the software simplifies complex processes for your restaurant. For instance, it lets managers approve employee punch data, shift swaps, and PTO requests while the system automatically syncs the changes to your payroll. These are only some of the Toast Payroll benefits you can have when you use the software. The vendor has an appealing free trial where you can tinker with the features at no cost.
Try out Toast Payroll with their free trial
What is unique with Toast Payroll?
- Unified HR, POS, and payroll platform. In a single, centralized platform, you can manage your restaurant operations and all HR processes.
- Faster timesheet approval. For faster timesheet approval, Toast Payroll automates tip distribution. This way, your staff don’t have to go through time-consuming manual edits at the end of their shifts.
- Experience a fast-running POS system. Toast Payroll comes with sophisticatedly-designed hardware terminals and offline mode, making sure that your transactions go smoothly all the time.
- Ensure compliance. Your restaurant stays compliant with taxes, state, and federal labor requirements when you leverage the software’s HR experts, legal resources, and system tools.
Detailed Toast Payroll Review
Recruiterbox is an applicant tracking system that helps you through a more in-depth candidate search to find the top talents for your company. It allows you to build a professional-looking career site to attract candidates and post your openings on job boards. In addition, referral tools make it easier for your current employees or external recruiting agencies to refer you to the right candidates.
What’s great about Recruiterbox features is that they are designed to widen your hiring scope. In one platform, you can bring together your team members, interviewers, and hiring managers in the hiring process to find the perfect candidate. It eliminates never-ending email exchanges and shared spreadsheets and provides, instead, detailed reports about a promising potential employee. You can use all the features for free for a period of time to see if the software matches your needs.
Try out Recruiterbox with their free trial
What is unique with Recruiterbox?
- Completely web-based. Recruiterbox is a web-based applicant tracking software, so there’s no need for you to download or install anything before getting access to the system.
- Tailored to your needs. The software is flexible and can be tailored to your specific needs. It offers several pricing plans that match your company requirement, ensuring that you will not have to pay for features you don’t need.
- Find all data in one platform. From a candidate’s resume to interviewer notes, you can find abundant information about your candidates located in a single hub.
- Organized resume management. Recruiterbox can handle a large number of resumes and organizes them neatly in your ATS. To easily locate a candidate profile, all you need to do is search for a specific term, and the system will find it for you.
Detailed Recruiterbox Review
Reviewsnap is a complete, web-based performance management, and HR appraisal solution that enhances and simplifies processes, including performance reviews, employee management, goal-setting, and reporting. Perfect for small to midsize businesses, it has user-friendly and flexible tools to help you and your employees gain a holistic view of their performance. It also has e-signatures, automated reminders, and email notifications, and archiving features that are accessible from any device.
You can find all these Reviewsnap features in a clean and simple user interface. Moreover, the software gives you individualized goal management modules and customizable review templates. This way, you can conveniently track employee goals and associated tasks and identify top performers or rooms for improvement. You can leverage Reviewsnap free trial to investigate its features closely.
Try out Reviewsnap with their free trial
What is unique with Reviewsnap?
- Set SMART goals. Reviewsnap has a feature that automates your organization’s goal-setting process, allowing managers and employees to set goals and develop action plans based on the SMART criteria.
- Performance review in real-time. You can leverage Reviewsnap’s real-time performance management in collecting frequent feedback and reviews even during work hours.
- Take performance notes. The software allows you to take performance notes and store them in the system. You can build a repository of records and utilize them during the evaluation period.
- Visual reporting. Reviewsnap comes with a visual reporting feature that gives you a complete view of rater bias, performance history, rating distribution, and other important data.
Detailed Reviewsnap Review
Trakstar is an employee appraisal software created with small businesses and medium-sized companies in mind. It comes equipped with performance review automation, feedback collection, goal management, and succession planning, so evaluating talents are more streamlined. Also, it offers self-service management tools, enabling employees to track their progress themselves.
Some notable Trakstar benefits you can reap include smarter workforce planning, improved performance monitoring, and targeted goal management. Moreover, with this platform’s unified record management, keeping employee files organized is easier than ever. To top it all off, the platform can generate reports to help you gain insight into your appraisal efforts. To get a first-hand experience of this platform’s features, be sure to check Trakstar free demo.
Try out Trakstar with their free trial
What is unique about Trakstar?
- Hassle-free employee performance monitoring. Trakstar comes with automated performance review tools. This way, you can check employee progress and talent rankings in real-time and focus more on employee development efforts.
- 360-degree feedback management. Employees like being heard. So, Trakstar offers a feedback management tool where you can collect what talents have to say about particular business decisions. As a result, you’ll have more transparent and inclusive processes and have a better shot at engaging employees.
- Goal management made easy. The solution offers a robust goal management module that is perfect for proactive HR professionals. With this at your disposal, you can set, track, and assess workforce management goals in line with your long-term business plans.
- Smart workforce analytics. This platform offers smart analytics tools that can generate various reports on workforce management. As a result, you can gain in-depth insights into employee performance and potential.
- Employee self-service portal. Trakstar comes with a highly accessible self-service portal. As a result, employees may easily take a look at their performance and gauge their progress without having to consult their manager.
11. EPAY Systems
EPAY Systems is a full HR management suite created for companies of all sizes. It comes equipped with modules for HR management and human capital management, allowing users to streamline the entire employee lifecycle. Furthermore, it is equipped with tools for payroll preparation, time tracking, as well as compliance monitoring to ensure efficient and streamlined operations.
In addition to the features it offers, according to many EPAY Systems reviews, the platform has been commended for its flexibility. For instance, it can integrate with existing business systems as well as different hardware such as biometric and fingerprint scanners and the like. With this at your disposal, it is easier to collect data on productive hours for payroll management and employee performance monitoring. If you’d like to know more about the features that this platform has to offer, you may opt to try the EPAY Systems free demo.
Try out EPAY Systems with their free trial
What is unique about EPAY Systems?
- Payroll and benefits management simplified. EPAY Systems brings together appraisal, benefits, and payroll management tools in one solution. Thus, HR personnel will be able to create equitable compensation plans based on performance evaluations and other measurable metrics.
- Flexible time management system. Tracking productive hours is one thing; consolidating the data is another. So, as a solution, EPAY Systems comes with a time management module that works with your existing systems, biometric clocks, mobile GPS, IVR, and POS systems. This way, you won’t have to manually collect time data.
- Improved employee accountability. EPAY Systems leverages biometric clocks as well as facial and fingerprint recognition technology. As a result, you can prevent buddy punching, improving overall employee accountability.
- Streamlined recruitment efforts. This platform offers built-in applicant tracking and onboarding management tools. This way, you won’t have to rely on separate systems for recruits and existing employees.
- Complete compliance management. EPAY Systems is built to manage your COBRA, ACA, FMLA, FSA/HSA, and other industry requirements. Thus, you can be sure that you are always updated on regulations and are complying with current policies.
Detailed EPAY Systems Review
In the HR software community, Deputy is known as the leader of accurate scheduling and adept time management. After all, Deputy introduced the only fully-costed employee schedules in the arena and made it possible to publish payroll-enriched schedules in minutes, regardless of the number of employees a user has.
Moreover, Deputy features include tools that can measure time for higher HR compliance, keep staff informed with important messages, and log performance to employee journals so that no task would fall through the cracks. So, it comes as no surprise that this platform is a go-to scheduling tool for many popular companies and organizations, including NASA, The UPS Store, NIKE, Amazon, Quantas, and more. The vendor has an appealing free trial where you can tinker with the features at no cost.
Try out Deputy with their free trial
What is unique about Deputy?
- Focus on employee scheduling. Using Deputy, users can create fully-costed employee schedules in next to no time. In other words, scheduling is easy to use that they can quickly notify everyone with just one click, across multiple locations and devices.
- Integrating your POS data. Deputy lets users fill their cost schedules efficiently and accurately, and integrate POS data and live weather feed to identify peaks and troughs of sales/foot traffic and create a schedule efficiently. Also, overtime and time off management are also available to set up.
- Deputy Kiosk. Deputy Kiosk is the feature that will help you eliminate time theft. All timesheets are automatically approved based on predetermined rules, and all invoicing activity is based on hours worked and inserted into the system.
- Newsfeed and Journaling. Deputy displays starting and ending shifts as newsfeed updates and notifies instantly all users those updates refer to.
- Dynamic reports. Deputy’s dynamic reports can be used to track schedule budgets, actual timesheet costs, sales transactions, and other employee variables so you can keep your business on the fast track.
Homebase combines employee scheduling, time clock, and hiring tools in one cost-efficient HR platform. It assists hiring teams, managers, and employees through each phase of the employee lifecycle, be it in the onboarding process, employee time tracking, or team communication. It provides a schedule builder, time clocks, and job postings to streamline your employee management and HR processes.
In one simple, easy-to-navigate dashboard, you get a complete view of all the important aspects of your management, such as employee information, upcoming events, shift notes, and more. You can also use the time tracking feature to monitor employee hours and integrate your timesheet data with payroll solutions like Gusto and Square Payroll. You can try Homebase free trial here and get to know the features firsthand at no cost and without commitment.
Try out Homebase with their free trial
What is unique about Homebase?
- Easy and convenient to use. Homebase has a user-friendly interface, allowing managers and employees to quickly adapt to the system.
- Clock in from anywhere. With the mobile GPS clock in feature, employees working off-site can clock in from their mobile devices.
- Monitor labor costs. Homebase tracks labor costs for salaried employees and multiple wage rates. It counts breaks and overtime, giving you a more accurate labor cost estimates.
- Reduce compliance risks. Time clock rules and real-time notifications ensure that everyone is following their schedule. It prevents employees from clocking in too early, and it gives you alerts when someone is doing overtime or is absent at work.
- Hire quality candidates. The hiring tool allows you to post on popular online job boards at no cost. This way, your job openings get exposed to more qualified applicants.
14. untapt UNLOCKED
untapt UNLOCKED works in a similar vein as Freshteam–it is a human resource solution that focuses on applicant tracking. With this at your disposal, you can manage your job posts as well as optimize candidate screening efforts in one system. However, what makes it different is that it leverages AI to reinforce talent matching. That is to say; it runs algorithms to determine whether an applicant is compatible with the rest of your workforce, thereby improving your recruitment process.
In addition, other untapt UNLOCKED features include handy live user chat and email nurturing tools. Through these, you can easily communicate with applicants without having to log into other platforms. What’s more is a system that you can scale up or down depending on the needs of your operations, making it a good pick for businesses of all sizes.
Detailed untapt UNLOCKED Review
What is unique about untapt UNLOCKED?
- AI-powered talent matching. untapt is equipped with deep learning algorithms. Thus, it can review job descriptions and resumes at lightning speed and match them with your requirements. Consequently, using this will speed up your hiring process and get the best possible talents for your team.
- Built-in emailing system. Make sure no applicant falls through the cracks using untapt’s emailing system. This consolidates application-related emails and allows you to respond to inquiries without having to leave the system.
- Convenient application process. One of the things that make untapt great is that it has a 1-click application feature. With this, prospective talents can skip the process of preparing well-crafted application emails and simply click a button to send their resume and apply for any job opening you have.
- Job posting management options. Untapt comes with templates for job listings. So, you won’t have to worry about making these from scratch. All you need to do is pick from their pre-made templates and customize it to your heart’s content.
- Highly accessible software interface. Lastly, untapt is built for both desktop and mobile interfaces. Thus, you can ensure a seamless user experience whether you use your computer at work or your mobile phone to access the system.
15. Cloud HR
Cloud HR (formerly OpenHR) is a cloud-hosted human capital management software known for its extensive functionalities. It provides everything from applicant monitoring and talent development to payroll preparation, to compensation management. Moreover, it offers powerful real-time reporting that makes it easy for HR professionals to gain insights into their day-to-day operations. Lastly, it comes with self-service portals that empower employees to monitor their progress on their own.
However, some Cloud HR details you should consider is that the platform was created specifically for medium-sized and large companies. This means it offers powerful tools that might not be able to scale down to the needs of startups and small businesses. For more information about what this platform has to offer, be sure to try Cloud HR free trial.
Try out OpenHR with their free trial
What is unique about Cloud HR?
- Improved talent management. One of the things that set Cloud HR apart from its competitors is that it not only focuses on applicant tracking and recruitment. It also has built-in talent management and development options. This way, you can map out development plans for your employees straight from the platform.
- Streamlined payroll management. If you want to do away with spreadsheet-based payroll preparation and manual data input, Cloud HR will be a boon for you. This comes with a payroll tool that automatically calculates wages based on productive hours.
- Employee empowerment made easy. Cloud HR is equipped with self-service portals through which employees can update their personal information as well as monitor performance data. This can also be used as a communication hub between them and HR personnel.
- Powerful reporting suite. This software solution offers a built-in reporting system where you can gain clear insights into operational data. These include employee satisfaction and engagement rates.
- Paperless work environment. Lastly, Cloud HR has a fully integrated interface. Thus, it is easy to store and access all your HR records on the cloud and promote a completely paperless work environment.
Pinpoint is an intelligent recruitment marketing and applicant tracking platform. There are two ways it helps HR teams attract great candidates. First is by allowing them to create high performing and automated social media recruitment campaigns, and second is by creating a branded career site that matches your company.
Other Pinpoint features include collaborative team feedback, candidate data management, and candidate source reporting. These features help you choose the best candidates and make data-informed decisions. Plus, you can automate processes like interview scheduling to lessen administrative tasks. You can use all the features for free for a period of time to see if the software matches your needs.
Try out Pinpoint with their free trial
What is unique with Pinpoint?
- Custom application forms. Pinpoint lets you customize online application forms for each opening you have. This way, you can collect more important information from your candidates.
- Blind recruitment feature. The blind recruitment process, which provides anonymous candidate profiles, helps you eliminate biases in your selection process.
- Accessible candidate data. Pinpoint organizes candidate data, such as resumes, applications, and hiring manager comments, in the system, and makes them easily accessible to your team members.
- Intelligent filtering tools. To assist you in picking the right candidates, Pinpoint has filtering tools that sort through the many applicants you have in your system.
17. Zoho People
Robust HR software Zoho People has features that make it easy to identify skills and reward talented performers with 360-degree insights and manage your workforce on the go with attractive time and attendance features.
Moreover, this system also comes with an advanced leave management feature that supports custom leave types, manages holidays based on locations, and much more. Lastly, the Zoho People pricing begins at only $0.83 per employee per month, making it one of the most affordable systems on this list. If you’d like to try out the software first, you can do so using Zoho People free trial.
Try out Zoho People with their free trial
What is unique about Zoho People?
- Employee self-service portal. Within Zoho People, employees are invited to insert information in a handy, self-service portal and have their data accessible any time, and from every location without their manager’s approval. The information is updated regularly and stored securely in a centralized database.
- Ready-to-use for training. Zoho People welcomes new hires with an efficient introduction, as it is designed as a ready-to-use training database, and you can apply to replace expensive LMSs and talent management systems.
- Travel data management. To ensure expense precision, Zoho People can also manage travel requests, approvals, travel documentation, and post-travel reimbursements.
- Feeds & Notifications. Zoho People offers feeds, reminders, and notifications that make it possible for employees to be instantly notified on policy changes, postponed approvals, or activities. At the same time, such can also be discussed in real-time, in teams or separately.
- Connectivity. Zoho People is integrated with the most popular Zoho productivity systems and comes with open APIs and webhooks that make it fully scalable and customizable.
Detailed Zoho People Review
18. Zoho Recruit
Zoho Recruit is an end-to-end recruitment and applicant tracking solution that assists corporations in attracting and hiring great candidates. It has complete HR features, from a career page builder to background screening and interview scheduling. It also lets you establish your own vendor management portal so you can manage candidates referred by external recruiting agencies.
Additionally, Zoho Recruit benefits businesses with its superb candidate tracking system that tracks candidate status, monitors replies and follow-up emails, and generates detailed reports that can be shared with the recruiting team. It also provides a candidate search engine with algorithms that match the right talent to the right job opening. An appealing test drive of all Zoho Recruit features is available at no cost.
Try out Zoho Recruit with their free trial
What is unique with Zoho Recruit?
- Advanced analytics. Zoho Recruit is backed by Zoho Analytics that presents you with significant data trends, job opening dashboards, and client approval and rejection rates.
- Deeper candidate sourcing. By integrating with popular job boards, social media, and direct sourcing, Zoho Recruit lets you reach more talented candidates and gives you insights into their job application methods.
- Streamlined communication. Zoho Recruit lets you manage outbound and inbound calls directly from the platform and stores your email inboxes in one location. It also allows you to send text messages through SMS vendor integrations.
- Handling multiple resumes from various locations. A resume parsing feature helps you parse resumes from different sources, and it automatically saves data in the recruit candidate database.
Detailed Zoho Recruit Review
Eddy is a human resource management platform for startups and small businesses. It offers powerful yet simple-to-use functionalities for hiring and onboarding, as well as workforce management. With this, you can consolidate all of your HR processes in one convenient hub and ensure that no employee information, applicant data, or pertinent company files fall through the cracks. It even comes with real-time analytics that automatically generates reports on operational performance, so it is easier to optimize processes.
Aside from the features, we’ve already mentioned, this platform also serves as an HR database because of its directory feature. Through this, you can store various types of employee data as securely as possible. Lastly, there are Eddy pricing plans available for entry-level and advanced functionalities. That is to say; you only have to pay for the type of features you need, rather than spend a lot of money on tools you might not even use. Should you want to get a better look at this system’s features, be sure to try Eddy free trial.
Try out Eddy with their free trial
What is unique about Eddy?
- Granular workforce management. Managing your employees efficiently relies on how well you know them. This is why Eddy offers an employee directory that allows for granular workforce management. Using this tool, you can keep all employee details, ranging from their contact information to their social security number. You can even add custom fields depending on your requirements.
- Reinforced team collaboration. One of the unique aspects of Eddy is its built-in communication module that supports chats, comments, and reactions. It is designed as a social media network for your organization so that employees may freely talk to each other and collaborate better.
- Unified job posting management. Eddy serves as a management system that unifies your job postings in one dashboard. It lets users post on various verified platforms such as Glassdoor straight from the platform. Moreover, it lets you consolidate applicant inquiries in the platform, ensuring more efficient processes.
- Real-time reporting. This platform comes with real-time reporting functionalities. So, you can be sure that you can remain updated on the status of various operational metrics whenever and wherever you may be.
- End-to-end recruitment management. Last but not least, Eddy is a great platform for managing recruitments from start to finish. For instance, it comes with custom career page creation and job posting management. Once you’ve finished screening candidates, it also offers built-in onboarding options.
20. Dayforce HCM
Dayforce is an end-to-end workforce management suite offered by Ceridian Software. It is touted as one of the most advanced human capital administration systems, as it assembles accuracy, agility, and visibility with payroll processing, time and attendance benefits under the same umbrella. It also has an active role in your recruitment procedures, being the tool that will help you track and engage talented performers, compare their knowledge and skills and scan their information, and help them adjust once they’re on board.
In addition, other Dayforce HCM benefits that you can reap include accessibility and scalability. For example, as a cloud-hosted solution, Dayforce HCM unifies the employer and employee experience and spans human capital management domains with one employee record accessible on all devices. Moreover, it comes with an open API architecture that lets you connect it to virtually any business system or application.
Detailed Dayforce HCM Review
What is unique about Dayforce HCM?
- Easy pay breakdown. Dayforce HCM is a single application that will manage attendance and payment and provide you with unparalleled accuracy. Furthermore, this platform lets employees see their pay breakdown as an easy-to-read graph, access their full statement of earnings, and manage direct deposit details and tax forms.
- Modifiable timecards. With Dayforce HCM, managers can review, edit, and approve their employees’ timecards for traditional and mobile devices. Besides, it provides an SMS messaging capability that enables managers to rapidly approve on-call shifts.
- Facilitated access to benefits data. Dayforce HCM grants employees easy access to detailed benefits coverage information, including the details of the changes made and the reason for them.
- Tailored and personalized collaboration experience. Using Dayforce HCM, team members get to control what information is displayed and where it appears on the screen and receive notifications on all changes and matters that are important to them.
- Predictive analytics. Dayforce HCM controls and examines key factors linked to risk and provides detailed and actionable insights to inspire informed and proactive responses.
Which HR Solution is Ideal for Your Company?
HR software solutions come in all shapes and sizes. So, you can expect that finding one that is compatible with your operations won’t be a walk in the park. To help you out, here are some HR software purchasing tips that you might want to keep in mind:
- Pay close attention to what features your prospective platform provides.
- Find out if it can be configured to adapt to your current HR processes.
- Check if the system specifications are compatible with your equipment and other business systems
- Ask the vendor what value-added services they can provide.
- Examine the inclusions of the subscription plan you want and read the fine print in the software licensing agreement.
Hopefully, this list of 20 best HR software solutions, you were able to zero in on which platform can give you the best value for your money. Of course, if you are still unsure about the provider you want to opt for, we highly recommend you try out BambooHR.
BambooHR offers comprehensive functionalities that can cater to businesses of all sizes and industries. What’s more, the vendor offers reasonably priced subscription plans. For more information, you can easily sign up for BambooHR free trial here.
If you want to reinforce your HR software implementation process, we also suggest you check out these HR tech trends. This should give you an idea of the emerging technologies and best practices in the industry.