monday.com: No. 1 In Collaboration Software
Our score: 9.8
User satisfaction: 95%
When we consider purchasing collaboration software, it is often with the eye to benefit from improved process efficiencies, increased productivity and to create room to enhance revenue outcomes and other business opportunities.
Recent studies inform us of another dimension why ensuring that teams function, communicate and collaborate smoothly is crucial to businesses today more than ever: inefficient collaboration turns out to be the prime driver of stress, and stress at work in turn is the key reason why more employers are leaving workplaces.
More succinctly, the study points to 29% of surveyed employees using of 7 to 16 applications to complete their work in a single day. With remote offices rising in popularity and the ability to communicate across time zones easier than ever, the working world is completely saturated with communication channels. This inefficient collaboration drives work-related stress higher.
However, “chronic stress” is ongoing and aﬀects both quality of work and home life. Over a quarter of respondents report a decline in work quality due to stress. 54% report stress from work negatively aﬀects their home life at least once a week—some say everyday. Over 50% also experience sleep loss.
Workers are rapidly realizing the consequences of stress are detrimental to their health and are leaving their jobs because of it. In fact, over half of respondents looked for a new job and 25% report they’ve quit a job due to stress. Gallup reports that burned-out employees are 63% more likely to take a sick day and 2.6 times as likely to be actively looking for a different job.
These are ominous pieces of information that tell us distinctly why collaboration often is more crucial than meets the eye. Modern workplace is getting complicated every day, but there’s no reason why we can’t create offices that are more conducive to human joy away from home. Collaboration software tools could be key to that.
Collaboration tools are of course closely related to a much wider project management category, and if what you need is a fully featured platform, you can check our top 20 project management solutions for more options.
monday.com is our top pick among team collaboration solutions. It is one of the leading collaboration and communication systems today that is able to sync all your information in a single accessible hub. As such, it empowers agents and team members to make important decisions together. By streamlining diverse contributions, Monday enables teams and departments to perform the way they’re supposed to. To what extent can monday.com help your team collaboration?
Among monday.com benefits is a nifty tool that lets you assemble and display progress data in a logical and intuitive manner, making it possible for your team members to keep track of projects and common operations. With that, you can then configure Monday.com to give them the necessary incentives to contribute to tasks and assignments, even if those are not directly connected to their role in the company.
You can easily sign up for monday.com free trial here and get to know the features firsthand at no cost and without commitment.
our Expert's Choice Award for 2018
Why pick monday.com for your team collaboration:
- Collaborate with ease. Keep all your conversations, files, briefs, checklists, and sheets in one place and say goodbye to useless meetings and painfully long email threads.
- When assigning projects is about sharing joy. Inviting your team is really easy. Once they’re in, assigning them to relevant projects is even easier. They’ll soon fall in love with the irresistibly visual and fully transparent tool.
- Plan timelines. See who’s working on what and when. Map out project tasks across your team and ensure everyone gets the job done on time.
- Think you might have missed something? Never again—easily see which deadlines are looming and be notified if something is at risk of slipping through the cracks.
- Keep an eye on your week. Stay on top of everything. Check what’s coming up across multiple projects and multiple teams with one simple overview of the week.
Wrike allows you to schedule, prioritize, discuss, and keep track of both work and progress in real time — improving the speed and efficiency of work in either co-located or distributed groups. Giving you full visibility and control over your tasks, the system delivers powerful project management and collaborative functionalities in an intuitively crafted user interface, enabling you to set priorities and align your team to work faster and smarter across your organization.
Wrike is designed to make today’s businesses generally moving faster, becoming increasingly collaborative and embracing more remote workers every day. With Wrike, you get a system that lets you plan and adjust in real-time from your office or on the go.
On top of these powerful Wrike features, the system is not hard to get around, delivering flexibility that enables multifunctional groups to collaborate and get things done effectively from a single location.
The vendor offers a comprehensive free trial to get you up to speed with the features. You can sign up for Wrike free trial here.
Why pick Wrike for your team collaboration:
- Organize projects in one spot. Break large goals into manageable pieces, attach files, and set due dates. Add any task into multiple folders or projects and create any combination of folder structures.
- Edit and manage files live. Work collaboratively and see everyone’s changes in real-time. Upload and edit documents without saving attachments to your computer.
- Deliver more reliable results and utilize resources more effectively. Gantt chart gives you a visual timeline that lets you view your project schedule and set dependencies in real time with easy adjustments to keep your team on track. Balance resources and track performance via a workload view. An open view of team workloads makes it easy to recalibrate when necessary.
- Track time and budget. Keep track of how time is being spent by project or by team member for accurate planning and budget management.
- Use templates so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. If you’re working on a monthly newsletter or planning a recurring meeting, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Work faster next time by recreating the same type of project with our handy duplicating feature.
Accessible from any browser and device, Smartsheet is a web-based collaboration tool for your project management, team task management, crowdsourcing, sales pipeline tracking needs, and more. As one of the leading enterprise collaboration solutions today, Smartsheet offers businesses an innovative way to collaborate on projects and processes. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Combining the ease of use of a spreadsheet with visual timeline management, Smartsheet gives you collaborative file sharing and discussions, and automated workflow capabilities. Since many businesses use spreadsheets for tracking their finances, schedule and inventories, the familiarity of Smartsheet’s interface lends to easy adoption. Our Smartsheet review shows a solution that redefines how teams collaborate on projects and tasks such as managing operations, tracking marketing campaigns, and planning events, among others.
The vendor has an appealing free trial where you can tinker with the features at no cost. You can sign up for Smartsheet free trial here.
Why pick Smartsheet for your team collaboration:
- Automate crucial processes. Smartsheet allows you to automate actions using simple rules. This means you don’t require hiring IT experts, tackling complex formulas, and working on a single line of code. Automating key processes saves you time and eliminates productivity killers. This includes automating your repetitive tasks, prompting your team to make updates, and getting reminders when tasks and projects are due.
- Gain real-time visibility. Get your hands with real-time information using Smartsheet Sights and live reports. This allows business leaders and teams to make educated business decisions promptly. It has configurable reports and widget-driven dashboards that can be highlighted without technical support. Since information is available in real time, you can identify and respond to trends immediately. It also lets you shift your priorities as needed when conditions change.
- See agile team collaboration at work. Increase your work agility using its simple, user-friendly and intuitive interface. It enables users, without requiring technical resources and experience, to improve their work processes and dynamically adapt to change. This drives your idea from planning to execution in a short period of time.
- Drive work at scale. Using a standard set of components, your team can create and prepare new projects and operations properly and immediately. Right before the kickoff of a new project, you can implement approval workflows to ensure your organization is prioritizing crucial work first. It also lets you incorporate best practices in every task with risk management, reporting, and execution.
- Enjoy peace of mind while deploying the platform. Smartsheet provides tight security, user management, and single sign-on capabilities for a more powerful team and project management with scalable administrative controls. Administrators and end-users are given granular sharing permissions to help them stay in control and protect their information. Meanwhile, admins are allowed to handle internal standards, restrict integrations, and approve external domains. You also access account-specific reports to view how users access, circulate and publish information across the platform.
Next on our 15 best team collaboration software reviews is Clarizen, whose collaborative work management brings all of your work together in one convenient place: your planned and unplanned activities, your collaboration with peers and partners, your documents and reports, and your unique workflows, from start to finish. The unique combination of cross-organizational project management, flexible workflow automation and purposeful collaboration in Clarizen’s enterprise-grade platform unites teams, reduces unnecessary communication, and provides extensive visibility at all levels of the organization, so everyone can work more efficiently, adapt to changes, achieve their objectives and deliver results.
For all its excellent functionalities, Clarizen is thoughtfully designed, enabling even non-project managers and teams to participate in advanced project management phases due to its original differentiation, user-friendly interface, and moderate pricing. Speaking of prices, you can check out Clarizen pricing to see how it works to your budget.
You can use all the features for free for a period of time to see if the software matches your needs. Simply sign up for Clarizen free trial here.
Why pick Clarizen for your team collaboration:
- Comprehensive control. Clarizen centralizes, organizes which means it has never been more important to give your organization the technology it needs to keep everyone’s work on track and in scope, while bringing greater engagement and visibility to your company.
- Enhanced engagement. Clarizen is intuitive, which means end users don’t just adopt the Clarizen platform; they enthusiastically embrace it for all the ways it makes their lives easier.
- Results-driven collaboration. Instead of working in silos, teams use Clarizen to work together on a centralized, cloud-based platform that allows them to easily share resources, develop strategies and align communications.
- Automated workflow management. Automated and repeatable processes, alerts and workflows allow your teams to spend less time on administrative tasks and more time doing their jobs.
- Unprecedented visibility. With 360-degree real-time visibility, Clarizen gives you accurate project data so you can monitor project and portfolio health, spot trends and make faster more proactive decisions.
Robust resource management. Clarizen not only delivers real-time insights into all your available resources, schedules and tasks, it allows you to leverage those insights to make the necessary adjustments immediately.
5. Zoho Projects
One of the leading solutions from Zoho’s software stable, Zoho Projects project management system enables your business projects to be more productive while finishing them within your timetable. Zoho Projects is loaded with functions that improve team collaboration, making project monitoring easy, and enhancing your productivity and output.
Among a host of Zoho Projects features, you can get work done on time and use its milestones, tasks, and task lists to plan your work in advance. It divides your large and complex projects into manageable units and schedules recurring tasks, dependencies, and subtasks according to your deadlines. And once projects are accomplished, Zoho Projects gives you access to in-depth insights displayed in understandable charts and graphs, so that you could report on your activities, track opportunities, and capture eventual drawbacks.
If you want to investigate the features closely you can easily do so when you sign up for Zoho Projects free trial here.
Why pick Zoho Projects for your team collaboration:
- Affordable price. There are no long-term commitments or hidden charges when you use Zoho Projects. You can sign up as a monthly customer, and use its services for as long as you need. Canceling your account is a hassle-free one-click process.
- Fast, reliable and secure. Zoho took many different steps to help ensure the safety of your data. This includes physical security practices (like 7x24x365 security, video monitoring, biometric access, bullet-resistant walls), network security (encryption, intrusion detection / prevention), people processes and redundancy / business continuity.
- Improved communication with Wiki and Chat. Through its set of collaborative tools, it is easier than ever to get the entire team on the same page. You can centrally post and share files, create a project “intranet” with the built-in Wiki, hold a discussion board and much more. The always-on built-in chat room allows everyone on the project to quickly come together to discuss important topics and make decision faster.
- Easy task management. Project tasks, task lists and subtasks make it easy to keep your work items and project deliverables organized and manageable, all in one easy-to-access location. You can monitor the status of tasks, assign tasks to members, send email reminders and track progress of your project.
- Manage files using award-winning Zoho Office suite. You can bulk upload project documents, make Zoho Projects your online repository and organize in different folders your project documents. And because Zoho Projects is integrated with Zoho Office, you can quickly create documents, spreadsheets and presentations directly on your browser, without having to install (or pay for!) any additional software.
- Interactive discussion boards. Project forums are interactive message boards where you can put a topic up for discussion and let ideas flow back and forth. Unlike emails, all the forum topics are available at a central location and is easily accessible by anyone involved in the group project. By exchanging information with colleagues can make big ideas come alive.
6. Workamajig Platinum
Workamajig Platinum is a multifunctional, fully-integrated project management system especially designed for creative teams—both for in-house teams and advertising agencies—to streamline project planning, organizing, and managing across your organization. For the creative industry, this means a cloud-based tool that provides an end-to-end solution for resource management, agency management, accounting, and CRM while focusing on each individual role with his or her own set of essential apps. The role-based approach gives all members of your organization access to information they need right when they need it.
In many ways, Workamajig Platinum benefits the creatives, salesperson, project manager, resource manager, billing, purchasing, accounting, and admin or manager. As a creative agency management software, you can use the tool to develop opportunities to transform into new projects, create projects that are set up for success, keep projects on track and generate crucial insights in a timely manner. For in-house creative teams, solutions have a focal point in managing incoming project requests, ensuring projects are on track, assigning tasks to creatives and generating project analytics.
An appealing test drive of all software features is available to you when you sign up for Workamajig Platinum free demo here.
Why pick Workamajig Platinum for your team collaboration:
- Gain new project opportunities. Aside from helping companies work better on their current projects, Workamajig Platinum helps you acquire new project opportunities and leads that you can then convert to new customers. It does this by making it simple for your sales team to find new projects that are similar to the ones you have done in the past through smart matching.
- Boost communications. Workamajig Platinum ensures your team and workers are always on the same page. With everyone getting a task to work on, there is less human error because of streamlined communication. The tasks are updated dynamically in line with the project’s budget and schedule.
- Insight, alerts for issues. Account managers get access to alerts arising out of issues through the insight dashboard. This allows them to address the issues before they escalate to cost you time and money.
- Manage project requests. A client portal is available for project requestors to easily submit requests. These requests are then automatically routed to the right approvers. If there are additional information and clarifications required, the requests can be instantly re-routed. Once a request is approved, creating a new project is accomplished with only a single click to streamline and expedite incoming projects efficiently.
- Maximize organizational tools for efficiency. Workamajig Platinum gives you visibility over tasks with only the relevant information so you’re not bombarded with details you don’t need. When a project is confirmed, it is automatically added to the dashboard of each team member assigned. In a single location, members can communicate and collaborate regarding tasks and projects efficiently. They can also update tasks by accessing assets and tracking time, among others.
A cloud-based business management software, Scoro provides small to medium enterprises specifically those in the advertising, consulting, information technology among others the collaboration, work scheduling and tracking, project management, customer relations management, quoting and billing and advanced reporting and dashboards tools to deliver on their projects in the best possible way. All these are handled by a user-friendly interface that eliminates the need to switch between solutions and email clients.
Scoro features are the most comprehensive in the market today, with a platform from which users can control their business from a single place. Scoro enables users to always stay abreast of business performance by letting them see all task changes in real time. Tasks are scheduled by day, week or month and are automatically compiled in a list, which a user can sort as needed. The platform provides security at different levels, ensuring that only relevant staff are working on a specific project.
You can try all its premium features at no cost when you sign up for Scoro free trial here.
Why pick Scoro for your team collaboration:
- Comprehensive project management tools. Scoro lets you see exactly how your projects are doing and what the next steps are. You can manage everything about a project on one page, including time spent and billed, planned tasks and meetings, invoices and expenses, comments and files. You can allocate billable and non-billable work, create budgets and manage project portfolio by configurable statuses and tags.
- Get all the work scheduling and tracking your projects need. Schedule work and assign tasks with Scoro’s Planner, schedule meetings. Everyone can manage their own task lists by priorities, projects, statuses and deadlines.. Track both actual and billable time without resorting to timesheets.
- Manage your financials, take care of routine tasks. Scoro will automate late invoice reminders, issue sales, prepayment and credit invoices for you. It will keep track of your purchases and costs, compare several budget scenarios against actual revenue, costs or profit and get forecasts based on scheduled invoices and booked deals. Finally, you can set multi-currency rates based on team members, clients or projects.
- Manage customers and track sales. Scoro gives you a complete overview of your contacts on one page; search, filter and sort your contacts; get a visual overview of your sales funnel; and compile quotes and sent them as beautiful PDFs. In short, Scoro serves as your handy CRM and quoting tool.
- Make decisions based on facts, not gut feeling. Scoro helps you keep an eye on you KPIs, actionable items and conversions. Know exactly how well your team is utilized, get a detailed overview of billable and non-billable work, see how your projects are doing in real time and view detailed financial reports.
Cloud-based project management platform Hive offers file sharing, task management automation and chat, allows you to create and organize tasks for any member of your project team, which can be customized to include attachments and show deadlines and labels. The system lets you track project progress, alter deadlines and modify workloads through a Kanban-style status view. There are Gantt charts to plan individual project tasks, and files can likewise be attached to actions or dragged and dropped into messages so as to share them with other team members.
The platform’s Hive Analytics gives you three dashboards out of which you can extract insights about team productivity. These dashboards can provide a summary of personal and workspace productivity, identifying inefficient areas and allowing managers to find ways to rectify them. For repetitive tasks, the product offers automation through action templates by which such can be planned and repeated with ease. All the steps necessary in accomplishing a task can be laid out in an action template, which can be reused to reassign tasks if needed.
If these Hive features look enticing enough for you, you may proceed to check out Hive pricing to find the best plan that works for you.
You can check the solution closely when you sign up for Hive free trial here.
Why pick Hive for your team collaboration:
- Flexible projects. Organize projects in a gantt chart, kanban board, table, or calendar, and easily switch between each layout. Updates are reflected across all project views so the whole team is informed no matter what option they use.
- Multiple views. With multiple views, you can view each project by current status, team member, or assigned labels. You can also use summary views to combine several projects and view the big picture across your company.
- Action templates. Plan and repeat tasks easily using action templates. You can lay out all required steps in an action template that can be easily reused to assign tasks to the right people, on the right timeline.
- Powerful forms. Use Hive forms to collect the important information you need to work on a project. No more time wasted with back-and-forth emails. Forms can also be sent outside your organization, allowing you to gather information from clients, customers, and more.
- Robust chat tool. Hive messaging allows you to have conversations with groups or individuals directly in Hive. With Hive integrations, you can also connect to Slack or start a video conference using Zoom.
Currently making some inroads—and headlines—against the bigger names in the industry, Asana is also one of the most popular project management software currently available on the market, sporting an attractive and intuitive interface while going about facilitating team communication and collaboration. It lets you create projects and tasks within the projects, and follow the progress of those tasks from various browser and devices. You can then add your team members to the projects and tasks, share files, and communicate with them.
Nifty Asana features eliminate the need to use email and third-party apps for corporate communication. Sharing notes, uploading several formats of attachments, and organizing tasks is a breeze, and eventually reflects on streamlined workflows and time-efficient delivery. As soon as a change is made or a task is assigned, Asana users receive notifications in their inbox, and are invited to check, follow, like, or comment the update. You can even draw the attention of a particular user by simply mentioning him/her in task comments to make sure they’re in the loop. The same process applies for each project-related activity, as this is the essential mechanism Asana uses to balance between prompt project delivery and adequate communication.
Why pick Asana for your team collaboration:
- Work only with what’s truly important. Asana lets you add custom fields and track only what is exclusively important to you, crucial when you find yourself amid a sea of projects, tasks, calendars in your own dashboard.
- Follow tasks from start to finish. It allows users to track their tasks and projects up to completion, and to generate amazingly detailed progress reports.
- Timely notifications keep teams on their feet when it matters. Thanks to its email notification system, Asana eliminates most of the challenges large teams face when trying to keep their teams together. Team members can discuss the project’s progress while it is happening, share it, comment on it, upload a file, or simply let everybody know that they like the change. All relevant conversations are saved on Team Pages, which is where most innovative ideas actually come from.
- Complete your collaboration toolset. Asana gives you something that other collaboration tools don’t—total clarity and accountability across your company. Add Asana to your collaboration toolset to know who is doing what by when. And Asana integrates with your files and apps for seamless collaboration.
- Keep each other accountable. With Asana, responsibilities and next steps are clear, so everyone knows who’s got the ball. No need to micromanage.
Tenth on our 15 best team collaboration software reviews is Jira, a project management software designed to help users capture, assign, and set priorities to their work. It allows you to manage the whole process of application development while making sure that all things are covered, from concept to launch. Its simple, intuitive interface enables collaboration with teammates and allows you to get the job done effectively.
If your team is looking to work together according to agile principles, consider that Jira is one of the leading software development apps used by agile teams. Your team members can use Jira to plan, track, and release effective software. You can create user stories and issues, plan sprints, and assign tasks to your team members. Prioritize and discuss your team’s tasks in full context with visibility. Jira also gives you real-time, visual data reports to boost team performance.
You can glean more about this solution through our Jira review, which lets you in on how it could help your business as well as the matter of pricing.
Why pick Jira for your team collaboration:
- Agile roadmap planning. With the Portfolio for Jira app, you can create a roadmap that’s connected to your work in Jira Software, track progress across teams and projects and easily share your plan with stakeholders.
- Truly flexible project management. Jira gives you extensive agile project management, adopting both a Scrum and a Kanban approach (Scrumban), and captures data and regulatory evidence at every stage of the process. This enables active engagement for your entire team, giving them the whole picture of the processes they’re involved in while ensuring no issue falls through the cracks.
- Configure to match your exact needs. With Jira, all your workflows, states, fields, and issue types are set to defaults that you can easily change upon need; you can also create custom workflows and issue schemes in more specific cases. This will take much burden off the shoulders of your developer, empowering your project management units to maximize the potential of their idea. If you’re using Jira on demand, configuration will take even less time.
- Unparalleled connectivity. To extend Jira’s power and make it work in line with your business specifications is a breeze with its flexible REST and Java APIs, as well as 800+ add-ons and plugins available in the Atlassian Marketplace. This makes Jira perfectly capable of blending into your software environment, ready to run as soon as you’ve created your account.
- A system you can learn from. Jira collects and unites all historic data in a single, searchable hub, and provides access to it at any point of time. This way, team members will be able to perform all sorts of trend analysis and statistical investigations, and prepare constructive reports on their progress. A dozen out-of-the-box templates lets you get the job done with minimal interference, though nothing stops your from crafting your own custom summaries.
A messaging app that brings all your communication together in one place, Slack gives you real-time messaging, archiving and search to empower your team. You can have all your team communication in one place, instantly searchable, available wherever you go.
Slack integrates with dozens of external services, and the app keeps adding more all the time. It offers built-in internal and external sharing options to ensure you can get and share files with anyone. The search function lets you filter results by recent type, relevance or file type to find exactly what you need.
Slack offers fully native apps for iOS and Android to give you full functionality wherever you go. This Slack overview delves deeper into other features that you might find of great interest for your team.
Why pick Slack for your team collaboration:
- Bring all your communication together. Teamwork in Slack happens in channels — a single place for messaging, tools and files — helping everyone save time and collaborate together. It gives you organized conversations, searchable history and tools and services all meant to further enhance team communication and collaboration.
- A channel for every conversation. Channels can be divvied up by team, project, client, or whatever else is relevant to your organization. Team members can join and leave channels as needed — unlike lengthy email chains. Threads keep side conversations from derailing the topic or project at hand.
- Collaboration beyond colleagues. Share channels with companies and businesses you regularly work with – like clients, vendors, and partners – to bring all the right people into the same room.
- Face-to-face and -screen. Talk it out over voice or video calls directly from Slack. And if you need to show your work, you can share your screen, too.
- Robust integrated file sharing. Drag-and-drop PDFs, images, videos and other files directly into Slack. Get feedback on your work and create an archive of your progress.
A web-based project management application based on the Kanban methodology, Trello depicts projects visualized as boards containing lists. Every list has progressive cards easily allowing drag-and-drop functionality.
Trello is all about simplicity, so if you’re looking for efficient communication without those overwhelming project management bells and whistles, you’ve got yourself a winner. Well-organized, easily filtered, and adjusted using a drag-and-drop mechanism, Trello divides teams into boards and cards, assigns them tasks automatically, and stores all data from where it can be retrieved at any point in time.
For a deeper look into the solution, you can look up this Trello pros and cons for more insight.
Why pick Trello for your team collaboration:
- Simple on the surface, more under the hood. A Trello board is a list of lists, filled with cards, used by you and your team. It’s a lot more than that, though. Trello has everything you need to organize projects of any size.
- Expand team as you go. You can invite as many people to your board as you need, all for free. Drag and drop people to cards to divvy up tasks. Everyone sees the same board and the whole picture all at once.
- Start a discussion with comments and attachments. Add a quick note or a detailed, Markdown-enabled diatribe. Mention a member in a comment to make sure they get notified. Add files by uploading them from your computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, and OneDrive. Liven it up with emojis, too.
- Notifications to keep you posted on crucial events. Whenever something important happens, you know instantly with Trello’s notification system. You’ll get notifications wherever you are: inside the app, via email, desktop notifications via the browser, or via mobile push notifications. Notifications stay in sync across all your devices.
- It works wherever you are. Trello is fully implemented for iPhone, iPad, Android phones, tablets, watches, and Kindle Fire tablets. Trello also works on the web at any screen size.
Called the “Facebook of business,” Yammer by Microsoft is a business social networking platform that helps companies manage their internal communications. Like its social inspiration, Yammer presents intuitive and user-friendly its interface, giving it a corporate-friendly face though it can only be accessed with a working email registered in the company’s computer domain.
The software enhances communication via many different channels, and includes a large document repository and opportunities for collaborative document creation. It protects critical information, integrates easily with many other platforms, and is also available on all mobile devices. Currently, the company is introducing a variety of advanced features such synchronized sharing and real-time group editing.
There’s more to this application and our Yammer review has you covered.
Why pick Yammer for your team collaboration:
- Know what’s happening from day to day. Discover all the work that happens between the big announcements and the success story. Connect your org’s front-runners or top-level leaders back at headquarters to see everyone’s progress come together.
- Spend less time crafting the perfect message. Join meaningful discussions to move your work along faster. Get quick answers to your questions, and have productive, spontaneous conversations with experts and creatives across your org.
- Build on the work of others. Make sure you’re not repeating work that’s already been done. Use the learnings or progress of others to accelerate your own productivity. Collaborate in a community to share ideas and solve problems in half the time.
- Activity Stream API to do more. Integrate existing enterprise business applications by adding data to the social graph. Drive discovery of activities taking place across all your existing business applications.
- File flexibility equals more productivity. Share Microsoft Office documents, PDFs, images and videos across teams and get feedback right away. Upload new versions to ensure everyone sees the latest draft and access older versions at any time. At a glance, view all the edits made to a document by each collaborator in the Recent Changes pane. Revert to a previous version at any time.
Podio is designed to help your teams communicate and organize things to facilitate the completion of tasks and projects. It does this through a system that puts content, context, and conversations in one place. No matter if you’re working on a project or following up and closing a sales lead, you get everything related to the job on one page, making for easier collaboration and completion of the task at hand with less confusion and distraction and more clarity and focus.
Communication with Podio is closely tracked and organized. Whether you need an urgent message from a member or simply want to share information, Podio puts all your conversations in one place for easy monitoring. Updates, comments, and changes are done in real time so your project is kept on track. Additional Podio benefits give you tools for social collaboration, task management, file sharing, automated workflows, calendar, meeting scheduling, and integrated chat, among others.
Why pick Podio for your team collaboration:
- Easy admin. The platform’s granular admin capabilities let you control who has access to your Podio workspaces, allowing for quick adjustments to tasks and processes at hand. Also, Podio’s free employee network enables anyone with company email address to share files, calendar, and tasks.
- Fast communication. Built-in integrated chat feature eliminates lengthy email threads and time-consuming file sharing. Aside from your team, you can bring in your clients, freelancers and other external parties into Podio platform for easier and faster communication, keeping every concerned party updated and on the loop regarding task and project status.
- Full control. You get to manage, assign, guide and automate workflows for every team member for tighter collaboration, greater durability, and faster completions of tasks and projects. Clearly defined roles and a custom tool fitted to how your team works best helps improve delivery time, effectiveness and relationships.
- Consolidated processes. Your teams get to work in sync with structured content, conversations, and processes all under one platform, allowing people to concentrate on what needs to be done with clarity and efficiency. Every feature of Podio lets you consolidate content and communications into one easily searchable tool, that’s available anywhere since it’s Web-based.
- Visualizations and reports. Podio can provide you visualized reports to give you a clear overview of your team’s work progress. Records created inside your apps can be displayed using a wide selection of layouts such as simple tables to card boards to let you visualize and organize your work. Reports enable you to view and display project budgets, sales pipelines, time remaining on deliverables, and more.
15. Roadmap Planner
Roadmap Planner is built to aid you and your team in conceptualizing, managing, and executing projects with efficiency and ease. With this project collaboration solution, you no longer have to plow through a mountain of spreadsheets or piles of paper to prepare your plans and manage your team’s tasks and schedules.
With Roadmap Planner, you no longer have to worry about having projects and tasks overlap or get overlooked as you can strategically set task dependencies and set the best sequence of responsibilities for your teams. When it comes to planning, you can create structured visualizations and roadmaps that allow you to easily present your ideas and get your message across to your teams. Other Roadmap Planner benefits you can enjoy include defined roadmaps that can be easily edited as needed, real-time collaboration, visually pleasing live presentations, free support, and more.
Why pick Roadmap Planner for your team collaboration:
- Usable for all kinds of environments. The software can be adapted for use in a wide range of industries. Furthermore, it can be used by businesses or for personal use. It has a free version that has basic functionalities that can greatly aid in planning gatherings such as parties and meetings.
- Offline capability. Getting disconnected from the internet will not hamper your operations. The software remains responsive offline and will automatically synch the information upon reconnecting to the internet.
- Organized task distribution. By setting task dependencies, you are able to effectively distribute your teams and resources to quickly accomplish your critical projects.
- Clear presentations. Create detailed roadmaps and collaborate in real-time with your team to develop the best strategies that will take your business to success.
- Idea management. With Roadmap Planner, you can turn your ideas into a reality. The software lets users become more systematic in managing their ideas with its backlog management functionality.
There you have it, we hope you get to shortlist your options to a few top apps. The next step is to try them yourself to see the features firsthand. You can start with our number one recommendation here. Simply sign up for a monday.com free trial here.
If you find this rundown of the best collaboration tools, you might also want to check out closely related solutions. One is our review of the top 15 communication tools, which will further boost collaboration in your business. The other is our list of the best productivity tools, discussing solutions to bring productivity at the workplace to another level.